General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Noticed something else: backup lights illuminate not that well, but hope to remedy that with LED bulbs.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Euromedic
Noticed something else: backup lights illuminate not that well, but hope to remedy that with LED bulbs.
When you find some let us know which ones as I would lile to upgrade mine as well as the signal lights.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Angry What I don't Like about My Fit.

I bought a 2010 Fit Sports November 2009. Within a week the battery died twice so I thought I was doing something wrong. To date the battery has died 14 times. The local dealer tells me that my battery is good. I have been stranded several times so I bought a AAA membership, a small battery charger and I keep my Fit on a trickly charge in my garage if I am not going to use it for a few days. Last Thursday I drove 200 miles to and from the Oregon Coast and when I stopped for 15 minutes to pick up a few things the battery died. AAA charged the battery and the man said that there must be something else wrong that is draining the battery. I took my Fit to the dealer to leave it overnight and the service man said, "Are you the lady who just called from the airport parking lot with a dead battery?" Seems I am not the only one with battery problems. When I picked up my car I was told the same thing--good battery. I am writing a letter to Honda Customer Service since the local dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with my Fit. I Googled and found this site yesterday. Anyone else having the same problem?

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LaPurple32
I bought a 2010 Fit Sports November 2009. Within a week the battery died twice so I thought I was doing something wrong. To date the battery has died 14 times. The local dealer tells me that my battery is good. I have been stranded several times so I bought a AAA membership, a small battery charger and I keep my Fit on a trickly charge in my garage if I am not going to use it for a few days. Last Thursday I drove 200 miles to and from the Oregon Coast and when I stopped for 15 minutes to pick up a few things the battery died. AAA charged the battery and the man said that there must be something else wrong that is draining the battery. I took my Fit to the dealer to leave it overnight and the service man said, "Are you the lady who just called from the airport parking lot with a dead battery?" Seems I am not the only one with battery problems. When I picked up my car I was told the same thing--good battery. I am writing a letter to Honda Customer Service since the local dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with my Fit. I Googled and found this site yesterday. Anyone else having the same problem?
Hi LaPurple,
Sorry to hear of this. I recommend you start a separate thread for your topic so that you get more replies.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
I wrote about this problem a while ago. I got my car with 4k miles on it and had identical problem to you. I checked with friends at my local Honda dealer. They said they had many such problems with some customer batteries. I charged and tested my battery numerous times and always checked out fine, but went dead after little use. I checked my car with ammeter to see if I had an drain-off during shut-down... nothing unusual. I, eventually, just bought another battery. It's now been working flawlessly for the last 3 years with no drain, great cranking and instant starts. I can't promise this is the same for you, but it seems the same for me.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
To date the battery has died 14 times
You've been dealing with this issue for 2 1/2 years?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
You've been dealing with this issue for 2 1/2 years?
That is exactly what I wondered too.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by afreespirit
Hi LaPurple,
Sorry to hear of this. I recommend you start a separate thread for your topic so that you get more replies.

Thanks, How do I do that? How many 'threads' are this site?

Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, How do I do that? How many 'threads' are this site?
Just click on the underlined General Fit Talk (near top of page) or otherwise get to the General Fit Talk forum. Then you will see a button near the top on left that says "New Thread". Click that.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
1) The wipers. Holy cow, I hate the wipers. Mostly the tiny one. It doesn't sweep far enough over the driver's side to push the water into the path of the big one. It always leaves that stupid triangular spot above your line of site that drips down. The big wiper also tosses overspray out over the passenger side. Poor design.

2) The rear wiper. It's backwards. If it wiped from the opposite direction I would be able to see if the person behind me is paying attention, on the phone, texting, picking their nose, etc.

3) Road noise that, unfortunately, was fixed two years after my car was made. :-(

4) Occasionally the shift quality of the transmission. Sometimes 2nd --> 3rd is jerky, slowing to a stop can give you a late bump, and you have to either come to a complete stop every time you slow down or touch the accelerator VERY gently to avoid having the car jerk as you begin to speed up again. (Doesn't do this when driving in "S" mode without using the paddles.)

5) Rattles, which could be lessened if the ride were less bouncy. I recently loaded up the car after a Costco pilgrimage and noticed the car was much smoother and less rattly.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:26 PM
It rattles,road noise is there,it is a fragile chassis but hey, 27mpg vs 16mpg on my previous ride,at almost $5 a gallon, who cares??

Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
You only get 27mpg? I get close to 40. :-/

Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm new to the forums and have found this thread VERY informative. Seems like you guys have a great community here and i look forward to being a part of it.

Being in the market for a Fit though, one thing I have been wondering is, has anyone owned Fits of different years that could comment on the differences of what they like/don't like between the 09+ Fits and the older ones?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
i have a new 2012 MT FIT , and when i'm slowing down or deacrising speed , it seems that the radio lowers the volume , i have only 2 front speakers for now . (came with the car)......very Annoying

Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Mpg

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
You only get 27mpg? I get close to 40. :-/
Yup, a LOT of stop and go traffic on the way to work, plus a little bit heavy foot. On longer trips ,highway mileage average shows about 34 but then the heavy foot takes over and goes down to about 24mpg at 80mph and fifth gear.Anyway, it is a fun car with limitations, but I knew this when I traded it in, so can't complain much,saving around $40 a week on gas.JJ

Last edited by jjsifo; 03-18-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add JJ
Old 03-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Radio volume

Originally Posted by honda junkie
i have a new 2012 MT FIT , and when i'm slowing down or deacrising speed , it seems that the radio lowers the volume , i have only 2 front speakers for now . (came with the car)......very Annoying
If I remember correctly there is a particular setting on the radio volume control that compensates for road noise, turning the volume up & down,depending on ambient noise,,I disabled mine, it is described in the owners manual. JJ

Last edited by jjsifo; 03-18-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda junkie
It's doing what it's supposed to as JJ mentioned - increases/decreases volume relative to speed. Select "Sound" button and you'll find "SVC" (Sound-sensitive Volume Compensation per manual def.) with settings for low, mid and high.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Volume control

Originally Posted by Subie
It's doing what it's supposed to as JJ mentioned - increases/decreases volume relative to speed. Select "Sound" button and you'll find "SVC" (Sound-sensitive Volume Compensation per manual def.) with settings for low, mid and high.
That 's what it is,"SVC",must have set mine on "low", not disable it,,thanks Subie!!! JJ

Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjsifo
That 's what it is,"SVC",must have set mine on "low", not disable it,,thanks Subie!!! JJ
Have a great Fit day JJ

Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Fit

Originally Posted by Subie
Have a great Fit day JJ
Same here man, take care,take the curve!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit