General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
complaints from a reluctant fit owner -Blind Spots

I just got my 2010 Fit Sport, used with 8000 miles. It wasn't my first, even my second choice of car but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. And it happened to be my favorite color (Orange) Two weeks later, I'm loving it.

My only complaints so far?
Blind spot for me is on right or left turns, esp left, where the triangular window is. Will take some getting used to.

how low car is - I live on a dirt road, and am used to speeding through in my SUV, but just have to be careful no so I don't bottom out.

I've already gotten used to four cylinders, and when I am at the gas pump I feel as smug as a Prius owner. (my bar was low, previous mpg was 17 mpg )

Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I have 09.. no issues, just want K20 swap and keep the ability to have the paddel shifters.. will do sometime.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
2010 sport. i dont like how when you drop the 40% side of the back seat, which is only one seat, you lose the ability to carry a 4th passenger because the seatbelt latch is gone.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I dont like the armrest that comes stock on the drivers seat. Way to tiny for my arm if it was just about an inch or two out more it would be fine.

Guess that's why they have an oem aftermarket one available.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by brEAd
2010 sport. i dont like how when you drop the 40% side of the back seat, which is only one seat, you lose the ability to carry a 4th passenger because the seatbelt latch is gone.
oh.. i just pull it out from where its hiding

Old 12-02-2011, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by midnightrun
oh.. i just pull it out from where its hiding
i mean when the seat is laid down flat, not put up. maybe i just havent figured it out

Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Only complaint so far is power. I've been driving my 3 series for about 9 years now, and it's currently in the garage now getting worked on. The transition from driving a RWD inline 6, to a FWD 4 cylinder is going to take a little bit of adjusting to. I'll eventually get used to it, I could do some mods but I think for now I'll enjoy my car while it's still under warranty.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by N-SC858
Only complaint so far is power. I've been driving my 3 series for about 9 years now, and it's currently in the garage now getting worked on. The transition from driving a RWD inline 6, to a FWD 4 cylinder is going to take a little bit of adjusting to. I'll eventually get used to it, I could do some mods but I think for now I'll enjoy my car while it's still under warranty.
Lol I know the feeling. I came to the Fit from an older M5. I still catch myself trying to do slip clutch drifts in the rain.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Lol I know the feeling. I came to the Fit from an older M5. I still catch myself trying to do slip clutch drifts in the rain.
Damn what year, and what happened to the m5?

I think I'm slowly getting over the power loss. The fact that I'm able to drive from work to school and then back home and the needle on the gauge barely moved makes me realize how much money I have been wasting on gas.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
M3

Bimmer M3? my dream car,and that is probably where it will remain,in my dreams.Time to adjust to reality and save as much as I can,but very happy with my FIT, specially at the gas pump,and it handles ok ,considering it is not a sport suspension.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Damn what year, and what happened to the m5?
1999 E39 M5. Insurance was outrageous and I was at the point where I couldn't afford it anymore at 17. Sold it to my dad and it had some pretty bad timing trouble that they couldn't diagnose or fix so it's been sitting at a shop for almost 3 years now. I miss it pretty badly. Especially the exhaust note of that V8 with a billyboat exhaust. It made most trucks jealous.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I don't like the raised area on the floor under/just in front of the driver's seat. I like to curl my left foot back behind my right foot on long trips. There isn't enough room to do this now due to that raised floor without tangling it up with my right leg. I understand that the floor is raised there due to the location of the gas tank. Not something I noticed when I test drove.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spudo769
I don't like the raised area on the floor under/just in front of the driver's seat. I like to curl my left foot back behind my right foot on long trips. There isn't enough room to do this now due to that raised floor without tangling it up with my right leg. I understand that the floor is raised there due to the location of the gas tank. Not something I noticed when I test drove.
Yup gas tank location. You could alway raise the seat a little with a few washers. Just a thought.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by brEAd
It doesn't sound like you lose the ability to carry a 4th passenger. More like the 4th passenger loses the option of wearing a seatbelt. This is how you find out if that 4th passenger really has faith in your driving ability.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I just found two dislikes. One, there is no power lock button on the passenger side, so when I leave my gf in the car for a few minutes she can't lock the doors behind me unless she reaches over to my side. Then she has to reach over again to unlock them. Major suck.
Also, I can't touch the dash with my fingertips while my hands are on the wheel. I'm used to tapping on the dash with my fingers (especially when in traffic, or tapping along to a song) on my old car and now I can't do it anymore.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Glare from dash on inside of windshield during sunny days.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I just noticed there is no little dash or door compartment in which to place spare change for parking meters. Every nook I find is open and would be in plain sight for anyone to see.

There are clearly spaces on the dash where they could have been installed such as next to the 12V power supply.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
^^^Do a forum search on "coin holder"^^^

Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
^^^Do a forum search on "coin holder"^^^
Well I just did a search and found there's a nice little after market holder but it isn't a hidden compartment so depending on where one parks in this city seeing change in a car would be all the reason for some numbskull to break in a window.

I will probably just get one of those little coin pouches and toss it in the side door holder.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Just filled my oem center console armrest with quarters. I just installed it the other day and it is unquestionably awesome. The first time I drove the car with it I was using it before I even realized it, that's how natural and comfortable it feels. Keep in mind I drive with my left while resting my right.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit