General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
I only pop on here from time to time for a lurk... I do find some of these "What you don't like about your ___" threads interesting, both on this site and on just about any auto forum.
You find a mix of posts here... some people are very happy with their cars, but have a few nagging annoyances, and like to vent about them. Others really are unhappy about their cars... for whatever reason (financial bind, sheer stubbornness) they are sticking it out. And quite often you have a third class of responses - people for whom the purchase of a sub-$20K cheapo car is the seeming pinnacle of their success in life, or for whom the car is like an extension of their ego, being, and soul, and take great offense if others don't appreciate the car the way they do.
If you enjoy your Fit, don't take offense to complaints others have, because a car is a somewhat personal thing, and each of us has our preferences for our vehicle in different orders and priorities. If you don't enjoy it, or don't enjoy it enough to overlook its shortcomings, find something you like better, and don't look back.
Hey Oc, how goes? Been a while. Heheh nobody rambles here...
Yup, you just summed it all up.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
Hey Oc, how goes? Been a while. Heheh nobody rambles here...
Yup, you just summed it all up.
It's alright man, can't complain!

Hey Texas Coyote... I thought about going German, but ended up going British instead:

2011 Triumph America

Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 PM
my paint chips all over the underside of my fenders

Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by cannotfit
my paint chips all over the underside of my fenders
Likely the rear fender wells you are complaining about.

A coat of undercoating on the painted portion of the
fender well will attend to that.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
It's alright man, can't complain!

Hey Texas Coyote... I thought about going German, but ended up going British instead:

2011 Triumph America
Floyd Clymer bought the rights to the Indian brand name when they went under in the early 50s and had Royal Enfield build bikes labeled as Indians for the US market... Your new machine sure reminds me of one of those Indian/Enfields as they came to be called.. http://www.indianchiefmotorcycles.com/IMAGES/brop4.JPG

Old 10-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Floyd Clymer bought the rights to the Indian brand name when they went under in the early 50s and had Royal Enfield build bikes labeled as Indians for the US market... Your new machine sure reminds me of one of those Indian/Enfields as they came to be called.. http://www.indianchiefmotorcycles.com/IMAGES/brop4.JPG
It's the engine, transmission, and frame from the new Bonneville, with the forks, seat, and tank, bars, and pegs revised into a more cruiserlike orientation. Never imagined myself as a Cruiser sort of person, but when I sat on it, I knew I was taking it home.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
I like the look a lot, the 270 degree crank and Harley sounding firing order is a little strange but I have heard it has a smooth power delivery.. I has a Trophy and Bonneville both 71 models.. The smoothest British twins I owned were a 67 model 750 Royal Enfield Custom TT Interceptor but it wasn't as smooth as the 67 BSA 500 that would sail along at 80MPH as pretty as you please with 2 people on it.. Sounded nice but was weak on acceleration..It had a single carb and low compression ratio.. The fastest was a 650 BSA Lightening that had been bored out and had a radical cam and higher than stock compression ratio.. The vibration was intense but externally the engine was just like the 500 but had 2 32mm Mono Block Amal carbs. I had a 441 Victor and 75 Trident also... MY house burned and they all were stolen before I could get them out... I had a big old house and kept them in the den but I had to kick my ex out first. The Bonneville and Victor were the most fun to ride.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Probably fixed with better tires, but seems in moderate rain there is quite a bit of hydroplaning. Also could just be how light the car is.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by franky0707
Probably fixed with better tires, but seems in moderate rain there is quite a bit of hydroplaning. Also could just be how light the car is.
All part of getting to know your Fit that will lead to economical driving... or not, depending on how far you get into it ;-)

Welcome to the freakworld!

K_C_

Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think that the Fit is a very light car when I compare it to a 1st generation VW Rabbit.... I never had problems with with any of my FWD VWs unless the front end needed an alignment and that only occurred on one of the 4.... They all came stock with 155-75-13" tires or 165-75-13" tires, so I'm of the opinion that it is the type of tire as well as the width that causes the Fits to hydroplane.... I went to tires with a more open tread design and it helped quite a bit but on wet worn asphalt I have always had a difficult time with wheel spin from a stop and under steering when cornering while using very little throttle... My present tires have only scared the crap out of me by hydroplaning a couple of times but the water was during Texas turd floater conditions both times and the water on the road was at least a couple of inches deep..

Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't particularly like the Dunlop tires that came on the car, and wish that Honda saw "fit" to have a more powerful (say 170 hp) engine. I'd be willing to pay a bit more and compromise a few mpg for more hp.

Knew about the lack of power when I purchased the car, but not about the tires.

Last edited by MikeNSX; 11-03-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I don't think that the Fit is a very light car when I compare it to a 1st generation VW Rabbit.... I never had problems with with any of my FWD VWs unless the front end needed an alignment and that only occurred on one of the 4.... They all came stock with 155-75-13" tires or 165-75-13" tires, so I'm of the opinion that it is the type of tire as well as the width that causes the Fits to hydroplane.... I went to tires with a more open tread design and it helped quite a bit but on wet worn asphalt I have always had a difficult time with wheel spin from a stop and under steering when cornering while using very little throttle... My present tires have only scared the crap out of me by hydroplaning a couple of times but the water was during Texas turd floater conditions both times and the water on the road was at least a couple of inches deep..
Makes sense, I am currently running the stock tires and rims and notice quite a bit of hydroplaning in seemingly light conditions. Any specific tires you recommend?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Rain Tires

Makes sense, I am currently running the stock tires and rims and notice quite a bit of hydroplaning in seemingly light conditions. Any specific tires you recommend?
Continental Extreme Contac DWS,,,,on a tight budget,like me, Hankook V2 Concept (Pep Boys), good luck. JS

Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
The damned lumbar seat design on the 2011 Honda Fit SUCKS. Absolutely horrible. Which physically deformed engineer tried that out on a long drive? It makes me want to sell my car every time I drive longer than 15 minutes.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BobbyG
The damned lumbar seat design on the 2011 Honda Fit SUCKS.
Try adding a bit more recline to the seat. Its the only fix for lumbar and headrest issues.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks but I tried that, believe me. This is a car I drove almost 10,000 miles in only 4 months. The seats need to be dismantled and reshaped by an upholsterer, I guess.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks but I tried that, believe me. This is a car I drove almost 10,000 miles in only 4 months. The seats need to be dismantled and reshaped by an upholsterer, I guess.
IMHO, the seats were designed for women. A simple and free fix is to take a small towel and roll it up. Then stuff it between the seat bottom and lumbar to fill in the void. You will be surprised how well this "fix" works.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks but I tried that, too. The best I've come up with is a WalMart wedge cushion where I cut the thickness in half and also took the height down. But now I have a cushion in my car and the seat still sucks.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Fit seats

The damned lumbar seat design on the 2011 Honda Fit SUCKS. Absolutely horrible. Which physically deformed engineer tried that out on a long drive? It makes me want to sell my car every time I drive longer than 15 minutes.
As far as the headrests go, I swapped one of the rear ones with the left front one, now the seat is 30% less uncomfortable.The lumbar thing,well my chiropractor is making more money.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
I know many have said they hate the Fit's seats, but I've never had an issue with them. Thats including the Las Vegas trip I did from Ontario.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit