General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Well, trust me, I love my Fit, but after about 2 months of ownership, I've discovered another minor thing I don't like.

The turn signals aren't responsive enough....that is they don't turn off easily enough after a turn. Seems to me it takes a pretty direct sharp turn for them to automatically click off. Right or Left if the turn is at all sloping or subtle...I find I have to click them off myself...or I go on down the road like the old fool with his signals blinking for no reason.

I'd be interested in some feedback. I'd almost take it to the dealership as a flaw. But they DO work....so I'm afraid I'd just get the usual blank stare from the dealership service department.

It might just be the nature of the beast, and a subtle difference from my previous vehicle. Anyone else agree? Or anyone know of a way to adjust the sharpness of the turn it takes before they click off?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Can't say I've noticed anything unusual with the turn signals. What I can say is that I've driven cars that are too prone to shut the blinkers off and on certain ramp approach turns the blinkers turn off too early and that is a pia.

So my guess is that you're still working on fitting into your FIT.
K_C_

Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Can't say I've noticed anything unusual with the turn signals. What I can say is that I've driven cars that are too prone to shut the blinkers off and on certain ramp approach turns the blinkers turn off too early and that is a pia.

So my guess is that you're still working on fitting into your FIT.
K_C_
Yes, I suppose it would be worse the other way. Plus it probably is just a subtle difference that I need to adjust to, between too easily shut off or not clicking off easily enough, I guess the way it is, is the best.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
...or I go on down the road like the old fool with his signals blinking for no reason.
And always remember - the old fools blinkers are blinking for a reason - he just doesn't give a crap_

K_C_

Old 05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
not so much i hate the fit, but the warm humid weather is really taking away performance from my dd.

can especially tell the difference on monday's after driving my 370Z on sunday's... 200hp+ difference. hahaha.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Well, trust me, I love my Fit, but after about 2 months of ownership, I've discovered another minor thing I don't like.

The turn signals aren't responsive enough....that is they don't turn off easily enough after a turn. Seems to me it takes a pretty direct sharp turn for them to automatically click off. Right or Left if the turn is at all sloping or subtle...I find I have to click them off myself...or I go on down the road like the old fool with his signals blinking for no reason.

I'd be interested in some feedback. I'd almost take it to the dealership as a flaw. But they DO work....so I'm afraid I'd just get the usual blank stare from the dealership service department.

It might just be the nature of the beast, and a subtle difference from my previous vehicle. Anyone else agree? Or anyone know of a way to adjust the sharpness of the turn it takes before they click off?
A few days ago I started a thread about a defect in my 08 MT Fit turn signal. No one replied to that thread. In a right turn with the headights on low beam, and the right turn signal on, the high beam can go on without moving the level to the high beam detent. Try this on your turn signal... maybe there's a recall here.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
not so much i hate the fit, but the warm humid weather is really taking away performance from my dd.

can especially tell the difference on monday's after driving my 370Z on sunday's... 200hp+ difference. hahaha.
Oh man do I hear you there. My bike is a bit quicker than your Z and my Fit at least a bit slower. Nothing like the moment of panic when you gun it to merge into traffic and think, "Oh crap, this one is slow!". Or in my case, try to downshift to a lower gear becase my brain tells me I've got about 5000k to redline when I'm already around 6k. (short, inclined onramps suck).

Nothing against the Fit in this at all. It gets good mileage for the performance and convenience it offers. (the bike usually gets 45-50... I had a Ninja 250 for a while; 60-65 mpg, but I wanted more powah!)

Old 05-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Well... I love my car, but my main complaint is the sun visor! It's too short to be of much use. Also I wouldn't mind if the seat height and angle could be adjusted. That's it for complaints. Now for sugestions I would add a sunroof, leather seating option for sure! I don't like the grabby fabric that does hold on to every little bit of lint. Ok, done bitching. Really do love it.

BTW, I get really good mpg I average 35 city/hwy combo and yes that includes rush hour traffic.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
have a 07 Sport

my only two complaints are

how the power is so drastically affected by humid weather

and

how the interior plastic does scratch so easily!!

other than that the Fit is the best car I have owned, only thing other than those complaints are that i did not get the MT and took an AT, but that was MY mistake lol that will soon be fixed!

also I did not notice but does the 2010 have a dead pedal already? did honda fix that issue

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kevinkidstar138
have a 07 Sport

also I did not notice but does the 2010 have a dead pedal already? did honda fix that issue
I have an 09 MT Sport and it has the dead pedal. I assume the 2010 Fit has it, as well.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 PM
AWESOME!

Have a 2010 on order

wont be here till June though, with an unspecified date...

Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Everyone has access to our gas tanks... Only thing I dont like about Fits..

Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by F!TzME
no one know that tho

after i used up the tank that the dealers put in i went to get gas and went to open it and realized you didnt just pull the cover open, so i looked for a latch or button on the inside and couldnt figure it out! i was freaking out! hahaa

Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nikita
#1 complaint: not directionally stable on the freeway. I think/hope this is a tire issue. I have to constantly correct, where the Camry (on Michelin Pilots) was a great freeway cruiser. Much of our pavement is grooved concrete and this Fit feels like a motorycle on it, constantly hunting for center. Any suggestions for optimum tire pressures with the stock Dunlops? Or, is it related to electric power steering, which should, but maybe not, revert to manual steering at speed?
I used to drive a Mirage in SD, Ca. At "traffic" speeds (aka, 15 mph over limit)... the Mirage would drift side to side with the grooves and feel unstable with strong winds.

My brother changed the tires to one inch bigger and some size wider (i didn't check by how much)... and the car felt MUCH better.

While this is a more expensive alternative (unless you're already ready for new tires)... it's an alternative I would choose over increasing the PSI beyond a certain point.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F!TzME
Since the gas shortage (ha!!) of the 70's when people were stealing gas from everything that was parked, I've always installed a locking gas cap on all my cars.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by CB19
City: 10 liters/100 km, but we live in a freaking super congested city including all the freeways are all clogged most of the time
Open road: about 7 liters/100 km, tested on a Toronto-Ottawa trip 2 weeks ago, in fact the return trip, late evening, pretty much an empty 401 freeway, 450 kms, cruise control on 120 km/h...

Sorry, I know you're used with mpg and miles only, I always have problems doing the conversion from/to mpg
Chris
Are you serious about the gas mileage? What... I find this hard to believe, is there something wrong with your car? Honestly, my V6 lexus gets nearly the same numbers (probably 2l/100km more on average) that you're reporting and I live in downtown toronto. I haven't actually looked at what they say it "should" get yet, but I was going on the assumption that a small fit would be MUCH more efficient than my current car.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
On my 2007 Fit, Purchased 5/28/06, Carpeting has been replaced once, at 85k needed ignition coils, now brakes are freeking out. Dealer only has two other people at my milage. MPG is still great drove from detroit to Southern Alabama at 90 mph got 40-45 mpg I would still get another one. Maybe purple next time.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM
i just want to say i love my car.... but my dash bored rattle drives me freaking crazy.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
That tiny back window's a blind spot, I think it's too high up and useless IMO. Other than that I love my fit.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
That tiny back window's a blind spot, I think it's too high up and useless IMO. Other than that I love my fit.
Well that's funny, because the Fit actually has better visibility than any other hatch of the same year...one of the main reasons I bought the GD3 Fit was because of the visibility compared with the Matrix or any other smallish car. All the cars these days have smaller windows and less visibility. The Fit has larger windows than most, although I think the GE8s do have a little less visibility than the GD3s.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit