General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
As another poster said, no locking gas cap. Otherwise, the Fit feels like a much more expensive car, nothing cheap about it! My Honda dealer is the best dealer I've worked with, completely painless.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 PM
1. No stability control available unless you get AT w/NAV.
2. MT needs 6th gear for highway commuters (RPMs too high)
3. No Satellite radio option.
4. Can't lower driver's seat.
5. No Sunroof.
6. Carpet is terrible.
7. No intermittent rear wiper.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:09 PM
1) exterior styling - it doesnt look like my dream car
2) interior styling
3) MT needs 6th gear. Right now I am keeping my RPMs low on the highway to save fuel. But I actually wish I could go faster with a 6th gear and the same RPM.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I hate the sound you get when you only roll down the back two windows. I haven't read all 37 pages so I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Iceman
I hate the sound you get when you only roll down the back two windows. I haven't read all 37 pages so I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet.
Not sure they can help that one, it's just a physics problem involving resonance.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
The resonance cycles at 188 pulses a minute at 65 MPH.... I rolled my rear windows down at that speed while wearing a heart monitor that picked up the pulses and spent 6 days on a cardiac ICU ward at a VA hospital because of it.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM
1) 6th gear would be amazing
2) Steering Wheel audio controls for non-nav models
3) Moonroof!!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
I don't like that it looks so damn good sitting in the sun in my parking lot at work that I get in trouble when I look at it for too long...

Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
the only real thing i can complain about my car at this time is storage space, i end up using the cupholders for things all the time! but of course it was all taken care of in the new GEs

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I've had the car just over a week now (other car is a Subaru Impreza WRX), and I'm hating the lack of a good spot to rest my cell phone (AT).

The Impreza has a cup holder between the hand break and the shifter which rests the phone in perfect eyesight and at a distance that doesn't require any real arm extension to pick up..

In the Fit I either have to put the phone in one of the forward cup holders- which is visible, but I have to lean forward and reach past the shifter to pick up (I'm tall and sit with the seat full back). Or put it in the first cup holder behind the hand break, which puts the phone out of view, and is still awkward to reach for..

Old 11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by cruiserandmax
I've had the car just over a week now (other car is a Subaru Impreza WRX), and I'm hating the lack of a good spot to rest my cell phone (AT).

The Impreza has a cup holder between the hand break and the shifter which rests the phone in perfect eyesight and at a distance that doesn't require any real arm extension to pick up..

In the Fit I either have to put the phone in one of the forward cup holders- which is visible, but I have to lean forward and reach past the shifter to pick up (I'm tall and sit with the seat full back). Or put it in the first cup holder behind the hand break, which puts the phone out of view, and is still awkward to reach for..
I use the little slot-shaped trays on each side of the handbrake. Well, I did for the Blackberry. The iPhone sits in the iPod compartment on the cord. Keeps it charged, gets me access through the stereo to music, and I can use the voice dialing to place calls using a windshield-mounted Bluetooth speakerphone. Works like a charm!

Regarding complaints about the awful pressure waves with just the rear windows down: every car I've owned with four conventional doors has done this. Usually fronts down with rear cracked will give you the least interferance.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
I use the little slot-shaped trays on each side of the handbrake. Well, I did for the Blackberry. The iPhone sits in the iPod compartment on the cord. Keeps it charged, gets me access through the stereo to music, and I can use the voice dialing to place calls using a windshield-mounted Bluetooth speakerphone. Works like a charm!
My non-iphone uses USB to chrage so I could use the iphone compartment, however I like to make use of Google Maps (traffic, and sometimes directions) while driving, so the phone has to sit in easy eyesight. I tried the slots next to the hand break, but couldn't get the phone to sit there and still have the screen face me (HTC Touch Pro 2). I'll probably resort to an aftermarket mount for the device. It's just lame that I'll have to do that.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
My non-iphone uses USB to chrage so I could use the iphone compartment, however I like to make use of Google Maps (traffic, and sometimes directions) while driving, so the phone has to sit in easy eyesight. I tried the slots next to the hand break, but couldn't get the phone to sit there and still have the screen face me (HTC Touch Pro 2). I'll probably resort to an aftermarket mount for the device. It's just lame that I'll have to do that.
It is not lame that you'll have to buy an aftermarket mount for your iPhone, you really expect Honda to include a shelf that's just right for you to set it on so you can see it while driving? That's kind of silly.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Not much to gripe about here...

~I had the 2007 fit, and thought the relax/refresh mode was way over rated. It would have worked if the back seats reclined a lot more. I found that just using the front seat was way more comfortable.
~I LOVE the ability to lay down all of the seats flat and then lay down in the hatch area. I did this at rest stops while road tripping acoss the country.
~I don't mind the manual transmission's short gearing on the interstate and the engine is happy at highway speeds, but a taller 5th gear would have been appreciated.
~ there was a thread about installing noise insulation. I would love to have a quieter car.
~Last, but not least........ a locking gas tank cover. When petro is expensive people do siphon.

Last edited by SEAKAYAKER; 11-29-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
It is not lame that you'll have to buy an aftermarket mount for your iPhone, you really expect Honda to include a shelf that's just right for you to set it on so you can see it while driving? That's kind of silly.
Just wondering, was your car rear ended by some one talking on a cell phone??... It is a terribly irresponsible thing to do and should be against the law to drive and and talk on a phone at the same time.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Yeah, I kind of do expect it.. Maybe I was just spoiled by the Subaru, but considering the amount of people that have smartphones these days- I'd definitely expect there to be a spot to lay my phone- even if that spot was a cup holder.. In the current Fit there isn't a single cup holder, or "nook" of any kind to sit my smartphone without it being somewhere I can't easily see or grab it.

However considering how cheap this car was to buy, every other aspect of the interior simply blows me away.. I love this car!! Come on- this is a rant thread after all!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
so how do you straighten the rear and align it? if you were to bring it in to dealer..how would they fix that?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 AM
What about the cupholder to the left of the steering wheel? I often toss my phone in there...you can see the screen and it's easy to reach.

When I'm using my phone for MP3/Nav I bought a beanbag mount to sit on my dash.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I have no major gripes with the car, just minor "why'd they do THAT?" kinda stuff.

1. Too much front overhang/too little ground clearance under the nose-WAY too easy to drag the nose pulling out of driveways.

2. Upholstery material could be (and should have been) used to make lint brushes. Everything sticks and everything shows.

3. Trunk floor over spare tire is thin cardboard.

4. Odd/unique to this car tire size on Sport.

That said, I like the car better than about any car I've owned. It handles very well, has "enough" power for my needs, and carries anything I need to carry while returning 38 MPG. For me, it scores well in the "fun to drive" category.

I don't understand the obsessive desire around here for a sun/moonroof. I had one once-never again. It's just another place to leak/rust to me. If I want the sun glaring in my face, I'll ride the Harley.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
1.High price of not-yet-available-through-aftermarket-suppliers parts (like fog light assemblies for example).

2. Fog light lenses prone to breakage from flying rocks--- and you have to replace the entire assembly when this happens, not just the lens.

3. Easily-damaged-by-flying-rocks air-conditioning unit does not have adequate protection from road debris---- and installing a protective grille in front of it voids the warranty.

4. Stock tires in original width (185-55-16) for Sport model are RARE. Fortunately the 205-50-16s are perfect replacements and are readily available.

5. No overhead console sunglasses holder.

6. A 6-speed manual transmission would be an excellent option for those who do lots of highway driving. This would be both quieter and more fuel efficient at highway speeds without giving up low-end acceleration as the automatic transmission does. the 6-speed MT is available, but not in North America--- yet.

7. It has gobs of space, enough to close the hatch on a deep freeze. But that deep freeze had better be empty because weight-carrying capacity is no more impressive than that of other small cars. An adjustable ride-height rear suspension perhaps?

8. Rear drum brakes are adequate, but rear discs (at least for the sport) would have been preferrable.

9. Front overhang could be 6" or so shorter.

10. Those little bumps on top of the headlight assemblies are hideous. Why couldn't Honda have left them flat like on the previous generation Fit?

But all in all (especially in a car of this category and price range), it's been a damn good car. I now have over 54,000 kms (about 33,000 miles) on my '09 Sport MT. Reliability has been top notch, fuel economy excellent, more fun to drive than my six 1st-gen RX7 sports cars were (and they were no slouch in that department), almost as quick in acceleration as the 1982 Corvette, WAY quicker than the '82 Pontiac Trans Am (I don't know which is more sad), and depreciation for these cars is MUCH slower than that of anything from the domestics and even most of the other Asian makes. I'll buy another one in four more years.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 11-30-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit