General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna
What kind of tires do you have? I've never driven my Yaris through snow, but it drives fine on grooved pavement and gravel.

So, on a Fit, someone can just come by and open your gas tank?
yeah fuel door is finger only, and fuel gauge is regular style

Old 08-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
yeah fuel door is finger only, and fuel gauge is regular style
Wow, then the fuel door is just like the one on my previous GTI. I went and bought a locking cap.

At least the fuel gauge is analog. For some reason, I prefer all the gauges to be analog.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
ski
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FiTnatra
my previous car (RIP) was an 02 Beetle & VW had so many nice "little things" that came standard;
The New Beetle is a dog. Just check Consumer Report's reliability ratings on it.
We owned a '98 Beetle, and all of the following components failed on it => A/C compressor, tape player, P/W(driver and passenger sides twice each), P/W switches, P/M switches, headlight and tail light bulbs(multiple times), fuses(multiple times), driver's seat rear access release, flywheel sensor, MAF sensor, vacuum hoses, distributor cap, and radio antenna. No more VW vehicles for me.

Last edited by ski; 08-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
The only thing that I don't like about the Fit is the material they use for the seats. It's like a lint magnet, and kinda hard to clean.

I plan to buy some Clazzio seat covers though, and that should some that minor annoyance.

Otherwise, no other complaints

myke

Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
I've noticed the lint too. It collects like crazy near the back of the seat.

The dashboard rattle is the most annoying thing ever. I've noticed it's not the dashboard though, but the glovebox. When I keep my glovebox open, I don't get the rattle at all.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
1. Armrest
2. alarm chirp and glass sensor (alarm)
3. Stock stereo

Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
i can't stand the lint that the seats attract! also theres no dead pedal! my fit is a manual so it would be nice to have that. besides that im happy with my fit! also no armrest but i can always get one online so no biggie

Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Hmm...I don't understand how people are getting bad mileage with this car. Also, when I'm going 70-75 (flat) my RPMs only hit 2600-2700 tops and MPG meter hovers around 40-42 (36-38 reality). I usually stay at or under 70 and with mixed driving I normally average 39 MPG.

Things I don't like:

Hills (duh): you can downshift into 4th to take care of that, but it kills mpg.

USB interface: turning that dial gets old when you have 5500 songs on your ipod. This is partially my problem really, I need to condense my music, but still. They should've designed an easier way to cycle through artists and to return to certain sections of the menu. This is the only reason I regret not getting the Nav.

White stuff on the doors: yeah, I know, it's a problem with a lot of cars.

Floor Mats: Actually, I don't care about this. I would've bought the all-weather anyway, so why do I need carpet ones that I'm never going to use? Now free all-weather mats? That would've been nice.

No VSA without Nav: I don't actually care for it, but I would be nice to have in a pinch.

These are really small gripes. I am VERY satisfied with my purchase and would recommend a Fit to anyone looking for a moderately priced sub-compact that is both more powerful and versatile than any of the other sub-compacts on the market.

-P

Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by trick
Hmm...I don't understand how people are getting bad mileage with this car. Also, when I'm going 70-75 (flat) my RPMs only hit 2600-2700 tops and MPG meter hovers around 40-42 (36-38 reality). I usually stay at or under 70 and with mixed driving I normally average 39 MPG.
In an MT, the revs are slightly higher, but that's still not too bad.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I've had her for a little over a week and so far my biggest peeve is the lack of pause for my iPod and that I need to get some floor mats. Enjoying the hell out of her otherwise!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by nerual13
I've had her for a little over a week and so far my biggest peeve is the lack of pause for my iPod and that I need to get some floor mats. Enjoying the hell out of her otherwise!
I noticed that a lot of you guys are complaining about the lack of floor mats, do a lot of Fits not come with them? I don't think they were standard in the Yarii (at least for the '07's), but every single one I saw had them as factory options already????

Old 08-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I've only had my fit for a few days but here are my peeves:

No arm rest for MT although I wouldn't use it that much, but a container to place change would be nice

Very little tint

Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna
I noticed that a lot of you guys are complaining about the lack of floor mats, do a lot of Fits not come with them? I don't think they were standard in the Yarii (at least for the '07's), but every single one I saw had them as factory options already????
None of em had em at my dealership, only I didn't realize till after or it would've been put in first!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by lild1425
I've only had my fit for a few days but here are my peeves:

No arm rest for MT although I wouldn't use it that much, but a container to place change would be nice

Very little tint
My driver's seat has an armrest that folds down, does yours not? Also, a good solve to the change thing is to buy the ashtray that fits in the cupholder. Drop change in it and easy to pick up when you need to.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
So far 1 day in the Fit and just a couple of things (soon to be corrected);

- No center arm rest, bought one off Ebay last night
- Cheap carpet material, Still looking for a nice carpet set and will also get a set of all weather mats for winter.
- Seat material is like velcro, every little piece of lint just sticks like glue, Guess I'll be vacuming the interior more often (wish they would have offered a different material or at the least a lighter color choice)
- 3000 RPM hum, This will take a little time to get use too. Maybe a CAI will make the sound a little more pleasant as it did when I installed them on my other vehicles. I'm thinking my mileage might suffer a little given my heavy right foot (-;

Otherwise, just love this cute little econo box aka rice rocket (bottle rocket that is)!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by rekcah
Things I didn't like about the FIT.

Dead pedal - Bought and installed one
Armrest - Bought and installed one
USDM tail lights look like euro ebay crap - Bought and installed JDM tail lights.

Humm I guess there is nothing that I don't like about my FIT
Sorry, newbie here. What's a "dead pedal?"

Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM
- Dashboard rattle when cold

- Noticed that the clutch pedal is further to the right than normal. In my BMW, the clutch pedal is straight away from my left leg.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
1.instead of 4 lugs it should come with 5 lugs...
2.for the back suspension it should be independent link so we could put some minus chamber on it.
3. the a/c indicator should be automatic.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
1:

the fact that i own a car that gets frequent complaints from its owners on minor things instead of playing up how brilliant it really is.

for some reason modding a fit is strange to many folks, even honda guys....all apparently have forgotten that along with the MKI gti, small honda hatchbacks basically started the whole import scene.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I've had my GD3 Base Fit for nearly a year now, with almost 18000 miles. My complaints?

1) At first the lack of the center arm rest was going to kill me. But I got used to it and now I don't even plan on buying one.

2) Lack of storage places. With out the center console, there isn't that many places to stow stuff that I consider standard.

3) The center dash with the radio and AC controls. It bugs me when manufacturers make dashes this way. They are obviously trying to discourage the buyers from upgrading the system.

4) Probably my biggest one is that in the GD3 you have to pull the headrests off in the rear seats to put the seats down. I know (if I'm correct) that in the GE8 you don't have to. Why'd they take so long to figure that out???

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my Fit. Yes, the carpet sucks. That's why I'm ordering the floor mats this week (a year later!). I don't have the problem with the white stuff on the doors. I have no trouble vacuuming the seats to get rid of the lint. Yes, the dash material isn't the greatest. But I didn't buy it for the dash! And mileage is awesome. I average about 36 mpg, with half city and half freeway.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit