General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KatzeChicX
I've peaeed into the older models
I'm glad I don't live near you; I wouldn't want anyone peaeeing into my car!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
The fact that there's less wind noise after I hit the window down button for a fraction of a second. The window hardly moves, but it makes a huge difference.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned
But I Love my fit

Originally Posted by secondspassed
I know this is the "things you don't like about your Fit" thread and all, but seriously? Dealer parts are expensive. That's kinda just how it works. I'm very sorry you hate your Fit.
I love my fit , But lets get down to the dirt .
How long had the Fit been in production in other countries ?
Were the problems noted in this thread prevalent in other countries?
This IS a Honda! The best quality automaker! Held in the highest reguard in the U.S. since they started selling autos over here.
The Fit is still in the top 5 best cars in the U.S. since it hit the streets over three years ago.
The air filters should be available in the U.S. market (not totally hondas fault) or they should have used one frome a vehicle already in production (marketing?).
How much do floor mats really cost a dealer? and what about the rear hatch cover ? for this price auto ANY OTHER company includes them as stock.
My Fit , all of our Fits' , should be trouble free, especially from things like dash rattle, and crappy paint quality.
For what I paid for this car I SHOULD NOT be posting in a frigging What I hate about my car blog, I should be ENJOYING what I have.
I have liked Hondas ever since 1987 when I met a guy in Atlanta who had an old CVCC
rear engine 1200cc ? or so, he and his dad polished and cammed the engine among other mods (his dad did some work for MUGGEN racing)
That little flat black car could run like a scalded dog talk about a suprize when someone gets next to you at the light in a 5.0 stang and you beat them off the take.
That little car left a lasting impression on me and when the Fit came out there was Finally a Honda style and shape I liked and the rest is history.
We should start a class action suit and get these things straightened out I AM MAD that I had to get the short end of the stick, and I want some thing done about it .
Do you hear me HONDA do you understand now?

Old 03-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Dude, sell you car and move on. It sounds like you've taken good care of it, you could probably sell it for a good price and pick up another car and end your aggravation.

What's your class action suit going to be based on again?

No floor mats, dash rattle and paint quality, and it doesn't go fast like a 5 liter Mustang? Good luck with that one.

You bought a <$20k subcompact, the least expensive car in Honda's lineup btw. I understand that quality is always expected, it's the reason I bought another Honda, and I expect it with my Fit as well.

Sorry you're bummed about your car, make sure the Honda rep hears you, but the class action talk based on the items listed kills your credibility...

Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zonianjohn
I love my fit , But lets get down to the dirt .
How long had the Fit been in production in other countries ?
Were the problems noted in this thread prevalent in other countries?
This IS a Honda! The best quality automaker! Held in the highest reguard in the U.S. since they started selling autos over here.
The Fit is still in the top 5 best cars in the U.S. since it hit the streets over three years ago.
The air filters should be available in the U.S. market (not totally hondas fault) or they should have used one frome a vehicle already in production (marketing?).
How much do floor mats really cost a dealer? and what about the rear hatch cover ? for this price auto ANY OTHER company includes them as stock.
My Fit , all of our Fits' , should be trouble free, especially from things like dash rattle, and crappy paint quality.
For what I paid for this car I SHOULD NOT be posting in a frigging What I hate about my car blog, I should be ENJOYING what I have.
I have liked Hondas ever since 1987 when I met a guy in Atlanta who had an old CVCC
rear engine 1200cc ? or so, he and his dad polished and cammed the engine among other mods (his dad did some work for MUGGEN racing)
That little flat black car could run like a scalded dog talk about a suprize when someone gets next to you at the light in a 5.0 stang and you beat them off the take.
That little car left a lasting impression on me and when the Fit came out there was Finally a Honda style and shape I liked and the rest is history.
We should start a class action suit and get these things straightened out I AM MAD that I had to get the short end of the stick, and I want some thing done about it .
Do you hear me HONDA do you understand now?
Doesn't seem to me like you love your Fit as much as you claim to do. *looks at above post*

You can bitch about your Fit all you want, bro, but if you really want Honda to feel your hate, sell yours off, buy another car, and don't buy a Fit next time. That simple, really.

Money talks much louder than any amount of bitching anyone makes on a forum...that's just how it is.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
If I had the money, I'd buy a second Fit as a work car in a heartbeat. I want a red one though. :P

Digi

Old 03-23-2009, 02:22 AM
While I don't own a Fit, what really disappoints me the most about the car (and what stops me from getting one frankly) is its lousy emissions score relative to what it SHOULD be able to get.

For a 2009 model car, given its size, weight, and engine displacement (and the entire point of the FIT IMO), the fact that it scores a 0.37 SMOG score with a 2009 average score being 0.39....is...frankly pathetic.

A GTI with a 2L turbo engine and grossing more than 500lbs more than a Fit gets a 0.09 score. Granted, the greenhouse gas score is slightly above average...with it scoring a 6/10, even that is nothing to write home about.

I'm not sure why Honda would not choose to put in a cleaner engine in such a "clean" car, but overall that's what disappoints mostly. And they should have hybridized this car before they coming out with that hideous Insight. The Fit looks so much better.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 AM
I have an 09 Fit GE. 3 things I don't like.

1. *** integrated header in the new L series.
2. Humongous side mirrors IMO.
3. Super duper scratch prone interior.

Other than that the car is great and I love it!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EK3 Ferio
I have an 09 Fit GE. 3 things I don't like.

1. *** integrated header in the new L series.
2. Humongous side mirrors IMO.
3. Super duper scratch prone interior.

Other than that the car is great and I love it!
Really? Even on the GEs bro? Shame

By the way nice to see you here too

Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah Shuni I've been a lurker here since when the GD 1st came out in the Philippines. I've only been a lurker since. I only recently registered when I got my new GE to replace my EK.

Yes, we have a GD also and the interior plastics have very similar qualities to my GE interior plastics.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
No dead pedal, no bucket seats, no center armrest, the front could be a little longer, little more power. Other than that I LOVE this car.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
i just don't like how the revs are about 3000rpm when i'm going 70-75mph on the freeway. that's right under the vtec crossover. it seems like it needs a 6th gear.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Contrabida Face
i just don't like how the revs are about 3000rpm when i'm going 70-75mph on the freeway. that's right under the vtec crossover. it seems like it needs a 6th gear.
Yeah, agreed...the cruising RPMs are a touch too high.

I do wonder if even the L15A has enough shove to power the Fit in a theoretical 6th gear.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
gas mileage is horrible my accord v6 gets better gas mileage
body roll
fog light glass lense keeps getting broke by rocks and they arent cheap
lack of power
paying the same price for my fit as i did for my civic si...and the si is a vastly superior car
brakes are horrible
there is other little things

Old 04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Maybe just perhaps you need to factor in what ever things there may be that could cause your poor mileage. Stop and go traffic and idling while in rush hour doesn't help.

I think it is quite ignorant to make the acusation that the ppl on this post are lying about their gas mileage.

I drive hard, above 4500rpm most of the time and I still get 500km/tank.. and if i'm driving casually I get close to 600kms. Get your car checked out.. don't call us liars.
Thanks for replying...if LF is only getting 21MPG, they've got a hole in their tank. Why bash everyone else because of your opinion.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Yeah, agreed...the cruising RPMs are a touch too high.

I do wonder if even the L15A has enough shove to power the Fit in a theoretical 6th gear.
it probably doesn't have enough power but i'd like for the 5th gear to a little bit taller. it'd probably get better fuel economy on the highways.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I donīt like the noise from the engine when go fast.
The plastic itīs really fragile, easy changes the color, that color white when some thing touch it.
I wish that it comes with a temperature gauge.
I know that I can buy an center armrest, but I wish that Honda Includes as a standar.

every thing else itīs ok
btw mine itīs a 09 white ex fit, a mexican fit

Old 08-04-2009, 01:46 AM
no center console/armrest, no passenger-side visor mirror, radio console thing is hard to read during daylight hours, the fact that NOTHING came standard: floor-mats, cargo cover, etc (guess we're lucky that honda saw fit to make DOORS standard equip!), the Fit is TERRIBLE driving in snow or on grooved pavement, non-locking gas cap door.....i'm sure there's more. my previous car (RIP) was an 02 Beetle & VW had so many nice "little things" that came standard; by comparison the Fit seems cheap (tho of course the PRICE is not..)

Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by FiTnatra
no center console/armrest, no passenger-side visor mirror, radio console thing is hard to read during daylight hours, the fact that NOTHING came standard: floor-mats, cargo cover, etc (guess we're lucky that honda saw fit to make DOORS standard equip!), the Fit is TERRIBLE driving in snow or on grooved pavement, non-locking gas cap door.....i'm sure there's more. my previous car (RIP) was an 02 Beetle & VW had so many nice "little things" that came standard; by comparison the Fit seems cheap (tho of course the PRICE is not..)
What kind of tires do you have? I've never driven my Yaris through snow, but it drives fine on grooved pavement and gravel.

So, on a Fit, someone can just come by and open your gas tank?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by PANCHO
I donīt like the noise from the engine when go fast.
The plastic itīs really fragile, easy changes the color, that color white when some thing touch it.
I wish that it comes with a temperature gauge.
I know that I can buy an center armrest, but I wish that Honda Includes as a standar.

every thing else itīs ok
btw mine itīs a 09 white ex fit, a mexican fit
Same gripes about the Yaris. But our cars are cheap, so can't complain too much. hahaha. Does the Fit have a digital fuel gauge too?

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit