General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned
Horible alignment and rattles

I just turned 40 so I've been around for a while and have heard a lot of B.S.
My 07 BOMFitSport manufactured 03/06 which is my birth month now has 20,000 mi, regular oil changes, and much pampering by me.
Of all the vehicles I have ever owned this is the first to REALLY DISAPPOINT me.
Front tires are shot, I never had to align any other vehicles by 30,000 unless they pulled.
Rattles like a freezing hooker, c'mon I had 2 6x9s 2 12s and over 1200 watts in my Isuzu Trooper and it rocked your socks off!!! Set car alarms off and took your breath but NEVER RATTLED!!!!!
I put almost 60,000 Mi on my 99 F150 with the 5.4 triton motor running flat out in central Florida back country ON THE SAME SET OF TIRES.

I love My FIT but I tell everyone to avoid them like the friggin plague
DOMO ARIGATO HONDA SAN

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
- Interior scratches too easily
- Front seat squabs are too short - noticeable on long drives and crawls
- L13A3 engine can be pretty gutless
- NVH isolation out of the box is a little lacking
- Ride is fairly stiff in stock condition
- Horn button sticks - this shorted out my stock horn
- Stock horn is wimpy
- Rattling from the rear seat striker and latch
- Blind spots front and rear

Otherwise, my GD1's a peach.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I think I posted this allready but not sure, I just dont like having a different front end than the JDM fit/jazz I think there's looks so much better stock than our's does and I have a friend in thailand who had a fit long before we got them and his is a 5lug pattern and i wish ours would have came that way to, and the seat is a lil high, but other than that mine has been perfect I have not had any problems out of it, no rattle's, sqeak's, or any funny noise's at all. Mine is quiet as a church mouse. Im 95% pleased with mine I only have cosmetic complaints.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, your Thai friend probably had a 5-lug conversion done. No Fit ever came with 5 lugs stock.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I ****n HATE the SUPER SHITTY paint on this ****in car. My car is not even a year old yet. and my 9 year old accord's paint looks better today than the fit, and both are original Satin Silver Metallic honda original paintjobs. My fit is covered in tons of scratches in the clearcoat. It is like the car needed 10 more layers of clearcoat from the factory.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 AM
hahahahahaha

im so glad to get on this and find out that im not the only one that would drive to work early ass in the morning tired as hell and get out and shut the door to get your hand shocked off. but now that i think of it i dont recallll it happening anymore? idk, maybe i just got use to the shock every morning and every drive home. one thing is for sure i was not asleep anymore.

oh and i wish i had arm rest things sometime for when i feel like just going for a cruise and i have nothing to rest my arm on.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 AM
As previously noted, fabric on the seats and walls collects hair and lint like there is no tomorrow and is hard to clean.

Tires are hard to find (in my area).

While in Sport mode, it still shifts to a higher gear even though you're going uphill (ridiculous shift point that actually lags the engine!). Further, when it shifts (and you don't want it to), the idiot gear indicator maintains the last gear you put it in, not the current gear.

I've peaeed into the older models (parked around stores) and the headrest thing would be annoying; that has been fixed as they fold down flush in the new model. However, the rear seat headrest only has a single notch when higher than flush. Not optimal for not-so-tall guests. Further, if you leave it flush level, it pokes into your back.

If you have the Navi and use a USB, it only shows the last two folder levels. This limits your ability to group by Artist - Album - Song. I currently only see Album - Song (annoying for guests in the car). Anybody know a way around this?

The back windows don't go all the way down. Just a pet-peeve of mine, although common with many cars.

Something I love... The AT shifter is NOT on the steering wheel and the emergency break is in the center like a stick! Of course, there are many other points as well. :-)

Last edited by KatzeChicX; 03-19-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
GE all my windows rattle when they are partially down (driver's window even rattles when it's all the way up). my old camry with 187,000 miles had virtually no rattles anywhere.

the windows dont rattle over every single bump.... but many. and on some bumps, it sounds like the window is gonna fall off.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i have to be honest...

i dont like the dent that's still on my FitS's front fender from the accident.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
We've got the dreaded dash rattle, too. So far though, it's the only thing that bugs me. Wait, I lie. Not having a mirror on the passenger visor is annoying.

Other than that, I have no complaints. There are lots of things I would *like* to have, but then I think about what I got for the money, and it's all good.

How much more would they have to sell the Fit for to get a sixth gear, dead-pedal, perfect build to prevent rattles and so on? A lot more. The things that count though are there. It's safe, fun as heck to drive and as good on gas as you want to drive.

Digi

Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Noticed lately that as far as speed of actuation goes, my Jazz's windows lag a little compared to other cars, even compared with my old Honda City (EF Civic-based). The motors also don't raise and lower the windows at the same rate either.

Not really a big concern but it's something that could've been improved I guess

Old 03-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Type 100
Noticed lately that as far as speed of actuation goes, my Jazz's windows lag a little compared to other cars, even compared with my old Honda City (EF Civic-based). The motors also don't raise and lower the windows at the same rate either.

Not really a big concern but it's something that could've been improved I guess
My girl always bitches about that

Old 03-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Banned
Echo others ...

More to add not that it will make any diff. other than venting .
Material attracts stains even with repellent, granted, it looks good but comparing to other interiors stains find their way onto it.
Paint OMG in a neighborhood with sand and cats need I say more.

Cost of accessories/maintenance

windshield wiper blades (just the rubber)$16 from dealer only!!!

Air Filter $25 to $40 dealer only!!!!

Floor mats Dealer only again (yes I have seen the E-bay stuff) Caveat emptor should have come with car to cover miserable excuse for carpet.
Pull shade to cover cargo area $100WTF Dealer Only should have come with car.
I could go on and on but my point is.
$18,000 for a $15,000 vehicle that has so many weak points but still rates in the top 10 best??
If this is the top then I hate to see the rest.
My buddy was soo jealous of my Fit but he didn't have the $$$ or credit to get one so he got a used Aveo, sitting side by side in the parking lot at work they almost compliment each other. He only paid or is indebted for $8,000

Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Buy a K&N, 40 bucks, lasts a lifetime

Old 03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
I need to pay $3,000 for a good paintjob

Old 03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zonianjohn
More to add not that it will make any diff. other than venting .
Material attracts stains even with repellent, granted, it looks good but comparing to other interiors stains find their way onto it.
Paint OMG in a neighborhood with sand and cats need I say more.

Cost of accessories/maintenance

windshield wiper blades (just the rubber)$16 from dealer only!!!

Air Filter $25 to $40 dealer only!!!!

Floor mats Dealer only again (yes I have seen the E-bay stuff) Caveat emptor should have come with car to cover miserable excuse for carpet.
Pull shade to cover cargo area $100WTF Dealer Only should have come with car.
I could go on and on but my point is.
$18,000 for a $15,000 vehicle that has so many weak points but still rates in the top 10 best??
If this is the top then I hate to see the rest.
My buddy was soo jealous of my Fit but he didn't have the $$$ or credit to get one so he got a used Aveo, sitting side by side in the parking lot at work they almost compliment each other. He only paid or is indebted for $8,000
I know this is the "things you don't like about your Fit" thread and all, but seriously? Dealer parts are expensive. That's kinda just how it works. I'm very sorry you hate your Fit.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
-3000 rpm @ 60MPH in 5ht gear.
-seats...they seem like bench seats, lol
-cheap carpet
-no center armrest

Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
the ****ing abs. I was driving old 89 to 91 civic and crx since 6/7 years!

Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 AM
no lower-back support to speak of. I have a bad back from a car accident 8 years ago and this seat just makes it worse and I have to literally sit up with good posture every now and then without leaning against the seat. I need a race-seat

Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
no lower-back support to speak of. I have a bad back from a car accident 8 years ago and this seat just makes it worse and I have to literally sit up with good posture every now and then without leaning against the seat. I need a race-seat
This is true. Funny how the GE6/8 added in seat height adjustment but totally forgot about adjustable lumbar support for the driver...at least over here. I mean, the lumbar support is way more important especially over long drives.

Not sure if the US GE8s get lumbar adjustment, but I bet it's missing too.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit