General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by moegenki
The dimpled interior likes to collect DNA samples.
i got a visual lol...

Old 08-17-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
I got my sport fit in June and love it. Main complaint is that the paint chips easily, but maybe I'm noticing it more because it's the first brand new car I ever bought. I haven't seen this complaint anywhere else, but has anyone else had the A/C temp change noticeably? It seems to happen on hot sunny days especially, and I think the thermostat is adjusting the temperature as it should, but usually the cars I've had, the A/C is blowing at a consistent cold temperature when it's working. I was about to take it to the dealer and then it seemed okay, so I don't know if this is normal. Best car ever otherwise.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
same thing paint sucks on these cars. I chiped a pice by my front door because my pants button rubed against the car when i was picking some thing off the floor. Great car still though good on gas, ok on insurance. Looks good to me and i am happy with her all around still. I still think they should make the sport come with the armrest and a turbo though!!!.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:19 AM
I dont like: high seats; no dead pedal, lockable gas cover, lockable glove box (some remedies: Zeta dead pedal, lock cap...)

oh, did i include intolerant paint, seriously...

I dont care: arm rest.

Last edited by Rain1; 08-18-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: becuz it scared the heck out of kyle...thanx dude
Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
death pedal?

DO NOT WANT!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i don't know what a death pedal is,
but i'm scared of it
*SQUINTS*

Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
No Daylight running lamps like I used to have on my Geo and like I still see on many small cars. I hear the canadian fit has them by law--is there a kit or something to make the ameican fit have daylight running lights?

I often drive with just the parking lights on but it's not the same.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rain1
I dont like: high seats; no dead pedal, lockable gas cover, lockable glove box (some remedies: Zeta dead pedal, lock cap...)

oh, did i include intolerant paint, seriously...

I dont care: arm rest.
the thing about a lockable gas cover. i LOVE the fact that ours doesnt lock. because all you need to do with a locked gas cover is pry it with a screwdriver :/. at least if someone wants to syphon our gas, they dont hurt the body/gas cover.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't like:

17.2 in the 1/4 mile with intake, headers, and full exhaust.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by drzenitram
I don't like:

Yeah, that sucks. When I first got it, I wanted to go S/C but I came to my senses when my old lady got pregnant. This is an economy car, why race it?The only reason why I'd put I/H/E on my Fit is so I can get more get up when merging and I also heard it helps with MPG. And adding coilover (or lowering springs) and a rear anti-roll bar just adds to the fun factor of this car. I can never see myself taking my car to the track, AutoX or drag, or any type of race.

Anyways, what I don't like about this car is the small gas tank.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
As usuall with any honda we get with the exeption of the very few del sols we got with the b16a in them we get jipped on the performance, or we get jipped with different modles or not the same bodystyle or something but in the most part with the fit that we get doesnt look nearly as good as the JDM version. so I am happy other than how it looks stock compaired to the jdm one

Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fittyfit
No Daylight running lamps like I used to have on my Geo and like I still see on many small cars. I hear the canadian fit has them by law--is there a kit or something to make the ameican fit have daylight running lights?

I often drive with just the parking lights on but it's not the same.
I hate day time running light they cause to many long term problems and only look good if you got hid's

Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
i don't know what a death pedal is,
but i'm scared of it
*SQUINTS*
its a resting pedal for your foot and as a 6'1 person it is needed sometimes especially when the car is a stick there is one in my da integra from the factory and my friend who has the same car with a auto broke his off and I drove his car a couple of times and it sucked cause my left leg stretches out to far and it makes your left side lower than the rest of you body and it becomes uncomfortable quick but funny enuff because you sit so high up in a fit its actually not a problem, well for me at least

Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
i hate the gas/ speed/ paint. plus i hate how i get cut off alot lol.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 PM
x2 for getting cut off nonstop. I honestly get scared every time a huge truck or SUV ends up behind me when I'm at a red light, first in line. I can never go fast enough for them, and when I finally get to the speed limit, they fly by me ;/ People are always in such a rush, FOR WHAT?! I'm going to turn into one of those superslow grandparents that literally take 5 minutes to hit the speed limit. lol

Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 PM
it needs more storage in the center console

Old 09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by drzenitram
I don't like:

haha okay so it wasnt just me that thought the car takes forever to complete a quarter mile. Eco ftw? haha

Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
I hate day time running light they cause to many long term problems and only look good if you got hid's
Long term problems such as...?

On long straight stretches of undivided highway, DRTs have literally meant the difference between me seeing a car coming from the opposite direction two kilometres away, and not noticing a car until about 5 seconds before we passed each other.

Mind you in both cases I was a passenger.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zukered
Long term problems such as...?
Battery life for (1) Headliight life for (2) the eventual death of a altenator, if you have had a altenator die before the you know that when it dies in order to make it where ever you need to go or to get it fixed, well at least without having it towed, you need to make sure that everything in the car that can be turned of needs to be and with headlights that are always on it will be a draw of what little power you have left in the battery, especially when you have a auto trans vs the manual cause you cant jump start it on a hill (3). forgetting to turn off lights cause most cars I have had been in services etc... have some sort of delay on it and can be hard to tell if they are really off, and you dont want to find out with a car that doesnt start(4) In the event that you are getting chased in the dark by someone or the police(not to say you would want to be in this situation but you might), now for those that have street raced you know when the cops come to avoid a ticket fines or impoundment of your car you may have to get out of there and hide which usually involves the hiding behind something or turning off lights and hiding in the dark which is not possible in the dark, and trust me I have been in that particular situation before.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
not sure if they have been said or not:

4. A/C system does not engage the compressor 100% of the time

3. i despise the seating position. i foot/knee/ankle hurt after the drive home. i can't seem to find a sweet spot.

2. no cruise control

1. A/C turns on automatically in defrost mode. i absolutely ****ing HATE this. in the winter time i won't have a choice now but to have the ****ing A/C on ALL the time. i bought the fit because i (stupidly) assumed that like all other previous hondas the A/C button was the sole control of A/C. not true. this pisses me off SO much

btw, i have a base model

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit