General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
there is a couple small thinks I dont like but the major thing is just like any imported car we always get the bullshit version and the fact that people actually bought fits I hate having stuff other people have

Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
i hate the Driverside A piller. when canyon running my head is either far right...or out the dam window to see.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I still say that carpet & seat material are one of my biggest (-)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
I think how the Progress rear swaybar helped the freeway stability is reducing body roll in crosswinds. It still requires attention on the freeway due to the short wheelbase and fast steering ratio, but it seems to have a better ability to not be blown around.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EXWRX
I think how the Progress rear swaybar helped the freeway stability is reducing body roll in crosswinds. It still requires attention on the freeway due to the short wheelbase and fast steering ratio, but it seems to have a better ability to not be blown around.
I agree. I also think that it helps with tracking by making the rear beam more solid so that the two sides always point forward.

Whatever the reason...it just plain works.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think it would be impossible, but might be more work than most folks would want to do. A simple adapter plate MIGHT be enough, but that's just a wild-assed guess on my part. That's all it takes to fit a small block OD trans behind a big block Chrysler for example, ditto for fitting a Chevy trans on a Chrysler. I'm putting a Toyota Supra trans in my old Plymouth using all factory parts except for the clutch disk and pilot bearing. Anything is possible, but some things cost enough to not make sense.

HF

Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 AM
My biggest annoyance would be the gas pedal placement. On longer drives, my right leg gets tired, and it gets difficult to find a good driving position. This is where cruise control becomes necesary, as well as frequent stretch breaks. This car was not made for long travels.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM
1. No center arm rest even offered! (have to outsource one)
2. No dead pedal.
3. Extremely bumpy ride.
4. Lack of power.
5. Gas mileage not great for a 1.5 litre engine.

I'm hoping that all of these issues (for me) are corrected in the 09 Fit.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by FITDragon
My biggest annoyance would be the gas pedal placement. On longer drives, my right leg gets tired, and it gets difficult to find a good driving position. This is where cruise control becomes necesary, as well as frequent stretch breaks. This car was not made for long travels.

Unfortunately, when I get mine, I will be doing some serious drive time behind the wheel for work.
So, I'll see how it goes.

My wife said the other day, we'll be able to drive the new Fit to Atlanta! (Philly to Atlanta). I said....'we'll see'.
May stick with the Accord for long drives.

Last edited by Mattocaster71; 06-27-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
I have no major complaints but the cheap carpet and road noise is two of the disappointments that I have with the Fit. The lint/cloth seats was an issue I resolved from moment of purchase in having a leather interior installed. The dealer let me test drive it overnight, and from the start the cloth seats were catching everything, I knew then, leather was a must.

Road noise is pretty similar to that in my fiance's 2006 Civic.

Now having had it just about a week, I'm hearing a door rattle on the passenger side, when driving over rough pavement. I assumed it was an after effect of the leather install on the door panel, but I'm not sure, as I've seen another poster with this same issue.

Having said that, its a good little car and one of the best in overall quality when compared to others in this price range. I still love the car and really enjoy driving it and would definitely buy another. The things I love about it , far outweigh the things I don't.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Sup Guys, the biggest thing i hate about the fit is that when you get in you fall through where the center armrest is SUPPOSED to be. Coincidentally there's a group buy, for $270 shipped run by me. (shameless plus I know)

Brian
bkhou@normreeves.com
562-833-5271

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
WGE
5 Year Member
After all the talk about dead pedals and center armrests, I initially thought these were serious ommissions. After living with our Fit now for three months, I do not miss a dead pedal in the least and I find I generally rest my right hand on the gearshift most of the time (we have a manual) and that is as comfortable for me as resting my right arm on a rest. Originally too, I found the driver's seat to be uncomfortable relative to our old Grand Caravan, but I finally realized I needed to just sit in the seat differently. Now, I find it comfortable and very supportive. So, I have adapted to what I initially thought were deficiencies or they weren't really deficiencies to begin with, and I find I don't really have any gripes left.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
My list of gripes is pretty short, as in general I am extremely pleased with the car. Here it is:
  1. Short gearing (MT). I find myself looking for another gear in 5th on the highway, and my surface street cruising speed (~65km/h) is a little too fast for 4th and a bit too slow for 5th. The AT has better ratios for highway cruising, why must the MT be geared so short? Either taller final drive gearing or a 6th ratio would remedy this. This is by far my biggest gripe, and nearly turned me off from purchase.
  2. Incomplete instrumentation. I didn't realize how much I used the coolant temperature gauge until I didn't have one. Sure, there's the hot and cold idiot lights, but it's not the same. I'd also like to see a trip computer in a car with mileage as good as this, I shouldn't have to buy a Scangauge or wait for the next fill up to know how my fuel economy is.
  3. Minor interior gripes. No center armrest, no dead pedal, no locking glovebox (or gas cap). Difficult to replace stock stereo; having to replace the bezel is keeping me from upgrading from the stock unit. No passenger side vanity mirror (but a driver's side mirror, WTF?).
  4. Road noise and ride. I hear altogether too much road noise in this car. Pavement quality is far from high in this part of the world, and old and worn pavement creates terrible moans inside. My old Hyundai Accent is far quieter than the Fit. As for ride, I realize that it's a lightweight, short-wheelbase car with sporty handling, but it is a bit jarring especially for passengers.
All these things are greatly outweighed by the car's good points, but there is always room for improvement.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:27 PM
-rear drum brake
-pedals too close together

Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
1. I hate the seats, cheap sponge with no lumbar support.
2. No driver side visor mirror - everyone complains about it - quick fix from ajr for that.
3. No map light, Dot It saves the day temporarily
4. No outside temp gauge, my gf's dull corolla has one.

My old 01 civic had heated mirrors and armrest, simple creature comforts us winter drivers (mirror) need.

p.s. Try driving a jeep lol, my feet were all over the arms that go to the pedals since they are slammed against each others.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 AM
i find it hard to aim the a/c vents in the proper direction. hahah maybe its just me though..lol

Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 AM
1. Someone goofed and put trunk carpeting in my entire car....

2. Dead pedal is missing

3. Wish the gas tank were a little bigger

Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hammy
1. Someone goofed and put trunk carpeting in my entire car....

2. Dead pedal is missing

3. Wish the gas tank were a little bigger
i lol'd at the first one.

my only gripe about the fit is that i emit too much SMUG now. it really pisses people off

Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
my only gripe about the fit is that i emit too much SMUG now. it really pisses people off
Can't really see how that's in any way a fault of the car.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Red Iron Crown
Can't really see how that's in any way a fault of the car.
Apparently you haven't seen what the Prius did to the nice people of Southpark. My Explorer keeps our household from becoming too smug despite the Fit's best attempts.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit