General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I would be cool with it being in the middle-ish big and right next to the speedo... like most other cars that I liked......except with some moded or sporty vehicles in dead center middle...

Its is indeed like it is being punished....(being put in the corner)

I also would have dug it to be more of a complete revolution...as high rpms and red line are too close to vertical for my taste...

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-05-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: REASONS!!!! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN " REASONS " !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 1coolride
the fit doesn't have a temperature gauge. in case its over heating or something

Try reading your owners manual. The Fit does have a warning system if the engine is overheating. When it's a little over normal operating temperature the little indicator in the dash that is blueish when cold comes on and starts blinking red on and off. If it's REALLY overheating the light will come on red and stay on red (no blinking)

Old 01-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Good Call!!!

Originally Posted by claymore
Try reading your owners manual. The Fit does have a warning system if the engine is overheating. When it's a little over normal operating temperature the little indicator in the dash that is blueish when cold comes on and starts blinking red on and off. If it's REALLY overheating the light will come on red and stay on red (no blinking)
I bet alot of people miss that...thanks for posting it...
*squeek*... *squeek* I still would like a gauge...I want it more for when the car is not 100% healthy and/or when its older...

It is really like a "smart" dummy light...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
2 things

the seats attract hair (especially pet hair) like crazy and it's realllllly difficult to get it out.

2nd, i also don't like the carpet. personally, i wish it had the same flooring as the element. i would LOVE to have rubber flooring in my fit (even with the all weather mats, those permanent salt stains on the carpet are almost inevitable in chicago...)

Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Things i dont like:

-The driver seat cannot extend enough for my legs ( im at the max of the seat and still a lil short)
-The front wiper jets do not cover the entire winshield ..
-The car always gives me a shock when i exit it :P (i just bought one of those static strips... hope it works)

Everyting else is a charm and makes up for the downsides of this car.

Jovani

Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lightarrow
-The car always gives me a shock when i exit it :P (i just bought one of those static strips... hope it works)
Agree 100%. It's gotten so bad (although not lately since it's been raining) that when I get out of the car, I'm careful not to touch anything, and shut the door via the grip on the door card. Let me know how the static strip works out for you. I may have to do this, too.

-Mike

Old 01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
8-Track tape deck is too small, hard to load and especially hard to unload.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
8-Track tape deck is too small, hard to load and especially hard to unload.
Cute^^^^^ haahaaahahaaa very funny......

and with your bio "usually filled with photography gear" at the bottom of your post...I am right there with ya...no wait...not anymore.... When I was in my accident the impound stole all of my gear. ( well... only half...thats all I happened to have in there...but it was still in the thousands....the bastards and )

Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Retired Moderator
This complaint isnt about "MY" Fit but Fits in general.
The lack of Honda options for the car. Most other cars have many options(Nav, Sport seats, sunroof, performance pack.). The Fit's pretty much is S or base, pretty much no options. I think in 2009 that will change, at least i hope!

Tyler

Old 01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
i hate the small pedals..

Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
This complaint isnt about "MY" Fit but Fits in general.
The lack of Honda options for the car. Most other cars have many options(Nav, Sport seats, sunroof, performance pack.). The Fit's pretty much is S or base, pretty much no options. I think in 2009 that will change, at least i hope!

Tyler
i would love to have a bunch of options too but like most of the other hondas, they dont really offer too many options, as euro cars do. they would just have different trim levels and optional accessories.

only thing i dont like or should i say the thing that would make the fit even better is a sunroof or a rear window that could open, for better ventilation.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I love my Fit so far, but probably my biggest complaint about the Fit is a lack of an Auto-Lock feature. I'm so used to having that in my former cars.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Retired Moderator
THE PAINT is my number one complaint. Its horrible, this thing will need a paint job in 3 years at this point...HORRIBLE!

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-21-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: screwed up a word...
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lightarrow
Things i dont like:

I have 2 other cars that I presenty drive...the Fit is the only one that shocks the h e double hocky stick out of me...why?

Other gripes previously mentioned...

1. lack of dead pedal
2. lack of center armrest
3. lack of power (all other modern Honda's make more power per liter)

Old 02-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I have 2 other cars that I presenty drive...the Fit is the only one that shocks the h e double hocky stick out of me...why?

Other gripes previously mentioned...

1. lack of dead pedal
2. lack of center armrest
3. lack of power (all other modern Honda's make more power per liter)
I haven't been shocked by my Fit. The only car to do that to me was a rental from 5 or so years ago: a Mitsubishi Lancer. The shocks I got from that thing were horrible!!

I also wish this car had a dead pedal, but since all my previous Saturns did not have dead pedals either, I'm used to it.

Take out the gripes, and I hope my Fit will serve me well for a long time.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Regarding the tachometer placement - REMEMBER Honda marketed this car towards commuters and WOMEN, and most likely those customers wouldn't be interested in the tachometer in general. I know several girls who have tachometers in their cars and don't even know what it is or is indicating.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by storm88000
Regarding the tachometer placement - REMEMBER Honda marketed this car towards commuters and WOMEN, and most likely those customers wouldn't be interested in the tachometer in general. I know several girls who have tachometers in their cars and don't even know what it is or is indicating.

probably true....but....
reasoning everything about what we dont like does not make us like it more...(well not always... )

Maybe we should start a Honda Rationalizing thread...

like what and why did they do that....(regardless of if we like it or not)... j/k

I also dont like how the Fit is kinda large.....I can guess and I probably know why....but that doesnt make me less disturbed by it...haahaaaaa

Heck I know a couple guys that dont know what the Tach is for....or even from....... so not so gender specific on that one huh? eeeek!

Last edited by Snap Fit; 02-22-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: because from time to time you just need to tickle your "Edit" button...
Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
My biggest gripe right now is driving posistion as others have also menioned.

I cannot see the "nose" of the car so I am having a hard time telling how close I can get to something before bumping into it. This is driving me crazy when I park. Parking lights are not very bright so they help little when parking in garage.

Anyone else have coping strategies for this problem? Should I stick a big pointy emblem in the front?!

Perhaps the 09 will have better visibility. Driving position was one of the cons listed on consumer reports. I also do find that there are a few too many blindspots... but perhaps I am just getting use to the car still as I did drive my previous car ( a 96 geo metro) for 11 years so I was very familiar with every movement I could make and an olympic level parallel parker in that thing! I've only been driving the Fit for three weeks.

Also the static electricity build up problem is no joke.. I am going to look into perhaps treating the seats w/ something to make them less static building and also repel all the lint they attract which makes the inside look constantly dirty... for the price of the car Honda could have used better interior materials.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fittyfit
Anyone else have coping strategies for this problem? Should I stick a big pointy emblem in the front?!

yah, you know those green/yellow arrows people stick on their j-cars
thinking it's cool? that'd be perfect for you. means NEWB driver,
i suck, so please don't hurt me.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
I was actually thinking one of those big wooden mermaid ladies that you see on the front of pirate ships...that will definitely help me tell where the nose ends!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit