General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Maybe just perhaps you need to factor in what ever things there may be that could cause your poor mileage. Stop and go traffic and idling while in rush hour doesn't help.

I think it is quite ignorant to make the acusation that the ppl on this post are lying about their gas mileage.

I drive hard, above 4500rpm most of the time and I still get 500km/tank.. and if i'm driving casually I get close to 600kms. Get your car checked out.. don't call us liars.
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
After 2000 miles, there's only one thing that I can think of that should have been included, and that is a telescoping steering wheel.

And possibly some hidden storage, for change, mp3 players, etc. Although there are solutions to that problem.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
A bit harsh...

Originally Posted by LuxuryFit
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa... A bit harsh on that. I am getting approximately 33-35 MPG, which would in fact translate to ~356-378 miles to the tank, or ~572-608 km per tank. I never run the tank down to 'true' 'E', but HAVE been keeping close tabs on the MPG based on fuel consumed / miles driven. I am right @ 1,000 miles - the milage per gallon appears to get better with the more miles put on the Fit. (breaking in helps, perhaps?!?)
As a side bar, most of my driving is 40% highway, 35% highway/ heavy traffic, the rest 'true city'. I am a fairly significantly portioned person (fat ), and tip the scales @ ~240 'ish'. I also have about 40 lbs of hockey gear in the Fit at any given time, and sometimes have a ~150lb passenger. Total load on the vehicle probably averages ~300lbs, but can be as high as 500lbs...
I used to drive like a 'Sunday Driver', but now I am a bit more peppy - Methinks the car is driving me now.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
LuxuryFit, a Burgman will only do 115 with a tail wind...who're you kidding?

Old 12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that a Fit will do 8.5 in the 0-60mph test.

MAYBE if it was a 5 speed base, with all extra weight removed. Other than that I see the car doing mid 9's.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
I was under the impression we were comparing stock cars, so I guess in this situation, against an automatic Fit; then yes, you would be right.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
What don't I like (at 500 miles)?

1) Daylight illumination of gages is way insufficient when wearing sunglasses.

2) Lines on speedo marking 45 and 55 mph are not readable with any illumination. Sort of inexcusable for cars sold in the states where 55 and 45 are so prevalent.

3) Rattles under dash.

4) Wipers bouncing (even when reversed).

5) No on/off switch on hatch light.

6) Tires not balanced (probably a dealer complaint).

7) Lack of intermittent rear wiper.

The biggest PITB is not being able to read the gages even at max on the rheo. Dealer is looking into that.

That's it for now.

Last edited by FitBull; 12-03-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
My dash lights are so bright I NEED sunglasses to avoid crashing!!!! haha....

Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
1. No option for headlights to turn on automatically at night. (just got to get used to it)
2. No standard floor mats (can buy them cheaper for non custom made)
3. Blind spot (probably can be fixed with a wider mirror)
4. No window visors for the nice big windows which allow the sun to hit your eyes at noon time

All minor cons, other than that the Fit is perfect!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Does anyone else's Fit shift roughly? I just got my Fit back after a month for some repairs (a deer hit it), and I had a Mazda 3 for the time, and it shifted so smoothly, the Fit's jolty shifting, especially into 2nd seems even more pronounced. If I shift from 1st to 2nd at about 3k rpms or more, its usually pretty smooth, but fairly rough if I shift at a lower rpm. If this is normal, than so be it, but if not, then I need to have it addressed.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Short List...

`07 NHBP Sport 5 spd. w/ ~7k mi.

In Michigan USA, driving ~50 mi./day of mixed city/country 2-lane/expressway.

Best mileage: 38.7 mpg (NOT an extended highway trip)

Worst mileage: 32 mpg (Exploring Vtec...)

Minor Dislikes:

Crappy Carpet
Having to buy floor mats
Lack of console/armrest
No dead pedal
Gauge marking (Can't see the "5's")
No control of intermittent wiper delay/No intermittent rear wiper

Major Dislikes:

Lack of telescoping steering wheel (Can't ever get truly comfortable)
Lack of seat height adjustment (Same as above)
Poorly matched spring rate/shock valving (Ride not sufficiently controlled. Spring rates feel OK, but damping is poor)

Old 12-09-2007, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by storm88000
I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that a Fit will do 8.5 in the 0-60mph test.

MAYBE if it was a 5 speed base, with all extra weight removed. Other than that I see the car doing mid 9's.
9.2 seconds seems to be the norm for testers and we all know they never get anywhere near to where they say. There's a few sites I came across that broke into the 8.7 seconds on the 5 speed Sport. So at this point in time 8.5 is probably not attainable on a unmodified Fit, however I never claimed 8.5, I said high 8s; which in this case is true.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 07' mt base fit and l like most of the car. But there's always something that could be improved on.

Definitely needs:
- a dead pedal plate for my lazy left foot when not shifting
- a 6th gear for those highway commutes, so that I can stay under 3K rpm
- cruise control that can be added onto the base model or after-market that will work w/the dbw system
- front map lights
- passenger vanity mirror (my wife likes to use my rearview mirror cause she doesn't have one on her side)
- 5-lugs
That should be enough. I don't wank to be too picky.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so far the only thing i 'miss' not having is the thermometer. in chicago,
it's a nice tool to have to tell how cold it is outside to determine possible
black ice, etc.

im going to wire one up later on though.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
08 Fit Sport 5MT owner here. Today marked my first full week of ownership, and I love it. Very few complaints, and I think I've seen them all posted already, but here are mine:

1. Lack of armrest/storage in the center console. I complained about this in my newbie thread, but seriously, no armrest? I was OK with this in my $8k 90 Civic HB, but in today's day and age, this is really weak, and shouldn't require me to buy a full JDM setup or a wacky eBay unit.

2. Lack of storage in general. Wish the driver's-side "cup" was a retractable/lever type (like in my 00 Si or 00 AV6), and the little cubbies in the center console and that miniscule rubber shelf don't really cut it. I feel like I'm going to have to buy one of those overpriced Razo/Hello Kitty trinket buckets to store my loose change.

3. Going 65 on the freeway and feeling like the hamsters are running full speed. Can't imagine what it's going to sound like when I'm going 80!

4. Stock stereo sound quality blows. I thought the system in my 06 WRX stunk, but this is quite a bit worse. Adding a sub and replacing the stock separates are pretty high on my list. I like the stock HU otherwise, and the knob feels great!

5. Is it that expensive to put auto climate control in a car? It doesn't have to be dual-zone, but being able to "set it and forget it" would've been nice. I was actually quite surprised when I saw that the CR-V doesn't even have this.

6. No dead pedal. My foot goes there, and that weak 'lump' they have there just ain't cuttin' it.

OK, now to find the "What you DO like about your Fit" thread.

-Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
^^ on the stock stereo, try Groove mode +1 bass -3 treble.
seems to work the best out of the other settings ive been playing
around with the last couple of days.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
^^ on the stock stereo, try Groove mode +1 bass -3 treble.
seems to work the best out of the other settings ive been playing
around with the last couple of days.
I'll give that a shot and see how things sound. Thanks for the tip.

-Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghibli99
I'll give that a shot and see how things sound. Thanks for the tip.

-Mike
no prob. i dont plan on running a sub so need to get the most out of
the door speakers. it sounds pretty decent imho for a stock stereo.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
07 TW Sport
7500 miles

bad:
Crappy mileage [at, duh] 24-29 mpg...i have mostly city driving...
Thin dashboard- a spot on my dash wore a way from my radar cable...NEVER had i had a problem in any of my cars with this...and after 3k miles, there was a wear spot...
wipers make noise [easy fix, i'm lazy]

Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by LizardKing
Does anyone else's Fit shift roughly? I just got my Fit back after a month for some repairs (a deer hit it), and I had a Mazda 3 for the time, and it shifted so smoothly, the Fit's jolty shifting, especially into 2nd seems even more pronounced. If I shift from 1st to 2nd at about 3k rpms or more, its usually pretty smooth, but fairly rough if I shift at a lower rpm. If this is normal, than so be it, but if not, then I need to have it addressed.
Mine shifts smooth, or im just used to it. But its never like "wow that was a rough shift" unless i upshift in S mode and launch the RPMs then its kinda rough.
I also noticed at low speed the DBW(drive by wire) makes it kinda choppy only in 1-2..Nothing to bad though.

Tyler

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit