General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Driver legroom

I’m a tall guy 6’5 in a not super big car. The dash design of my GE puts the dash almost directly into my right knee if I sit wrong which scares me if I get into an accident. But other than that I love the car and as long as I don’t sit lazy like leaned back in my seat it’s not too big of an issue

Old 07-09-2022, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Itakecarphotos
I’m a tall guy 6’5 in a not super big car. The dash design of my GE puts the dash almost directly into my right knee if I sit wrong which scares me if I get into an accident. But other than that I love the car and as long as I don’t sit lazy like leaned back in my seat it’s not too big of an issue
the sell brackets to place you seat back or you can make some or change the seats to bucks

Old 07-09-2022, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
seat

i’m 6’2” no problems the seat is not all the way back i have like 4 more click to go back

this is what i’m running

Old 07-10-2022, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Elpapas
i’m 6’2” no problems the seat is not all the way back i have like 4 more click to go back

this is what i’m running
Do you have the details on the setup your running?
I'm seriously consideirng upgrading the seats on our GK5, but haven't found a setup I like.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:04 AM
All us tall guys need to get a group buy together for some of these https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ners-look.html

Old 07-28-2022, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
My 2016 Fit has two spots on the fenders that are rusting through. I've always taken care of it. Washed and waxed.
The metal is about as thin as a soda can on the fenders where it has rusted. I can't believe it. I put converter paint on the rust spot with a Q-tip and the metal edge is so thin it grabs at the cotton and pulls off strands. Imagine running a Q-tip on the edge of a torn pop can. That's how thin it is.

I am very disappointed in this vehicle.

Old 07-29-2022, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by max503
My 2016 Fit has two spots on the fenders that are rusting through. I've always taken care of it. Washed and waxed.
The metal is about as thin as a soda can on the fenders where it has rusted. I can't believe it. I put converter paint on the rust spot with a Q-tip and the metal edge is so thin it grabs at the cotton and pulls off strands. Imagine running a Q-tip on the edge of a torn pop can. That's how thin it is.

How else do you think Honda is able to get the stellar fuel economy numbers they do....from weight savings.
Thinner gauge metal is just another (best) way of reducing weight.
It's the same principle used on supercars like Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
snow, salt

Originally Posted by max503

Well, you live in an area that gets considerable snow in the winter, I think, and if the roads get sanded and salted, and salt on the metal causes rust. My 2015 doesn't have any rust spots yet. We get snow here in Asheville NC but not so much as where I used to live, which was a suburb of NYC. In the NYC area snow was a cause for the highway department to get to work on removing it right away, working all night and day, and using lots of sand and salt. Here in Asheville, the highway department is slower to respond, and on the kind of snow days that where stores and schools would remain open in the NYC area, here the stores and schools close for a day or 2. In NYC area it's "snow, that's not gonna stop us." In Asheville NC it's "snow, wow, that stuff makes the roads slippery; let's stay home." Still, we get some snow storms here and the highway department does use sand and salt. On the other hand, I don't feel a compulstion to get going as soon as possible after a snow storm. A few days after a snow storm most of the roads are clear of snow, and then I'll go to a touchless car wash place that for about $7.00 will spray soapy water all over the car, including fairly high pressure water underneath the car, and into the wheel wells. So maybe all those little things explain why I don't have rust? I can't say for sure. Despite the car being 7 years old, it only has 40,000 miles on it. So the low mileage may help too. I am not obsessive about waxing the car. I think I've "waxed" it, with Nu Finish, maybe only 3 times. I pay special attention to the top surfaces, the horizontal surfaces, and don't worry about the vertical surfaces as much.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:06 AM
The lack of a dead pedal in a GD3 5MT is probably my biggest complaint. Also GD3 water leaks.

Old 09-03-2022, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Matt526l
The lack of a dead pedal in a GD3 5MT is probably my biggest complaint. Also GD3 water leaks.
Yeah really weird decision and annoying. There's the wheel well there already so they could've just put a little plastic panel to make it more comfortable and stable. Same for the central arm rest, though that can be solved on ebay.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mobby_6kl
Yeah really weird decision and annoying. There's the wheel well there already so they could've just put a little plastic panel to make it more comfortable and stable. Same for the central arm rest, though that can be solved on ebay.
I thought you could adapt a dead pedal from a Honda Civic.
You know those orphaned black socks that show up in the laundry? Slip one over your arm rest to prevent the fabric from wearing through.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by demouser
You know those orphaned black socks that show up in the laundry? Slip one over your arm rest to prevent the fabric from wearing through.
But I already used it on my trombone stand!

Urb

Old 09-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by demouser
I had no idea, which Civic? There are some options on ebay. Too bad my 3d printer is pretty small or that would be a completely trivial thing to print.

Old 09-09-2022, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
What I Hate About My 2015 EX Stick.

Every idiot moron driver keeps damaging my Fit. My lower driver's side door is damaged. It's in the Body Shop now.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:00 PM
Knee, hip pain

Driving more than 20 minutes, knee, hip pain.
my 2020 little fit is only a month old.
Trying all the suggestions but may have to say bye to it.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Dugfit
Driving more than 20 minutes, knee, hip pain.
my 2020 little fit is only a month old.
Trying all the suggestions but may have to say bye to it.
Yeah I've noticed some of that too.. more so when I drive my wife's 15 Pilot, but a little from my 19 Fit. I did get some longer front bolts for the driver's seat and put some skateboard wheels under the brackets to tilt it up/back some, and that seemed to help quite a bit.

Old 10-09-2023, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by tim tzotz
Lots of decrepit old people drive them. I am old enough to be mistaken for one.
I consider that to be a plus. I have a silver Fit and it is totally anonymous on the roads. If I was a bank robber it would be the perfect getaway car because no one even notices it.

I also have a Subaru WRX and I think every cop I pass looks like he's looking for a reason to pull me over. I have long hair so I am used to being "profiled" and the WRX adds a whole new level on top of that. But with the Fit I am totally invisible.

Old 10-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by PK86
I consider that to be a plus. I have a silver Fit and it is totally anonymous on the roads. If I was a bank robber it would be the perfect getaway car because no one even notices it.

I also have a Subaru WRX and I think every cop I pass looks like he's looking for a reason to pull me over. I have long hair so I am used to being "profiled" and the WRX adds a whole new level on top of that. But with the Fit I am totally invisible.
July 4th, 2022

March 27, 2023

Seems like grey / silver Honda Fits are the primary vehicle of choice for active shooters too. hm..............

Old 10-09-2023, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by mykizism
July 4th, 2022

March 27, 2023

Seems like grey / silver Honda Fits are the primary vehicle of choice for active shooters too. hm..............

LOL I had to look closely to be sure that wasn't MY Fit! But I didn't see the Sport spoiler and foglights so I think I am safe.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:17 PM
Gk5 owner, wish the seats went back a tad further, I did buy the seat extender rails, but have been so busy with life I haven't installed them yet.
insulation could have been a bit better.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit