General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by mobby_6kl
Lol check out this guy and his hotrod!

61kW / 81 hp is all I need (and can get) from the L13A.
It should have had k24 engine with HPF suspension from stock.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
I also run prem in my BMW and Fit despite both being speccd for regular.

Sure, some claim "there's no difference, except cost" to running prem.
For both vehicles I and many others have noticed:
-shorter cranking time in all seasons
-smoother idle (prolongs starter and engine/trans mounts)
-better fuel economy (ethanol blended fuels burn faster and thereby cause engines to consume more than with prem. which burns slower).
Since this car is slow and uncommunicative driving dynamics. What do you think about a BMW 130 I? I am thinking of getting second car a fun toy to drive around in. Maybe a GR86. But I prefer hatches over sedan/coupe. GR 86 has no back seats and isn't as practical. Plus don't want car repayments. lol. RWD and 6 cylinder beamer engine sound would be so cool. RIght?

Last edited by RD36; 04-07-2022 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
Huh? I'm looking for this "change place" and I can't find it.
The GD Fit had a small coin holder to the left of the steering wheel in non-USA LHD markets.

I do not recall US GD Fits having that coinholder, but I haven’t been in a GD in many years.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
Since this car is slow and uncommunicative driving dynamics. What do you think about a BMW 130 I? I am thinking of getting second car a fun toy to drive around in. Maybe a GR86. But I prefer hatches over sedan/coupe. GR 86 has no back seats and isn't as practical. Plus don't want car repayments. lol. RWD and 6 cylinder beamer engine sound would be so cool. RIght?
Well with the BMW you'll have maintenance repayment

A friend of mine has a 1 series, it's nice but it's not a sports car unlike the GR86. Which does have rear seats actually. And you can get an older BRZ/86 if you don't want to spend much on it.

Originally Posted by mike410b
The GD Fit had a small coin holder to the left of the steering wheel in non-USA LHD markets.

I do not recall US GD Fits having that coinholder, but I haven’t been in a GD in many years.
I'm pretty sure my GD doesn't have it either, it's weird.

Old 04-08-2022, 01:14 PM

A friend of mine has a 1 series, it's nice but it's not a sports car unlike the GR86. Which does have rear seats actually. And you can get an older BRZ/86 if you don't want to spend much on it.

THIS GUY did a run down what can go wrong. Keep in mind he is using ebay parts to replace them.Not genuine BEAMER parts.

1. Oil fill housing gasket and the oil cooler gasket. a. These start failing at the 80-100k mark of the car depending on how the car has been treated. b. If its not replaced, it could leak down onto your belts, and the belt could end up going into the sump, the crankshaft could wrap around and cause catastrophic failure for the whole engine. c. Recommended to change the bolts as well. d. Costs around $10-$20 for fill housing, and 10$-$20 for oil cooler gasket. e. Replacement video:
2. Change the Vanos Solenoids a. They start failing around 100k mark, and you can’t just clean them, you need to replace them with genuine BMW parts. b. These could cause the car to stop running if faulty. c. Costs around 25$ - 60$ d. Replacement video:
3. Updating the Modules a. This update improves the amount of air going through the engine. b. This video is helpful:
4. Crankcase Ventilation a. Starts failing around 100k. b. If not replaced, it will cause you to lose a lot of oil. c. Best thing to do is replace it. It costs around 70$ d. Replacement video:
5. Valve cover gasket and the bolts a. These like to leak and also do the bolts because there is too much pressure on the crankcase. b. Costs around $20 c. Replacement video:
6. Water pump and the thermostat a. Replace these. You do not need to change the coolant. b. Don’t worry about the warm temperature if the car is not overheating. c. Costs about $50 - $120 d. Replacement video:
7. DISA Valves a. Replace this. b. If there is a ticking, that could mean that the DISA flaps are rattling around inside the manifold. c. Could also result in loss of power. d. Costs around $90 - $110 e. Replacement video:
8. Ignition Coils and Sparkplugs a. They are normal bosch super 4 spark plugs. Make sure they have four electrodes. b. Replace Ignition Coils, and make sure to replace all 6. c. Costs around $100 d. Replacement Video:
9. Tensioner, Idler Pulley, and your belt. a. It’s a common problem, change them or else it will cause the engine to completely fail. b. Replace them all at one go. c. Costs: Drive Belt Tensioner - $50, Idler Pulley - $50, Belt - $25 d. Replacement Video:
TOTAL(for max prices) - $645 Let me know if I've missed anything, thanks.

Last edited by RD36; 04-08-2022 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b

Here's a pic of the JDM coin holder installed in our US Fit. There's a blank spot on the dash that you just pop out and replace. My understanding is that it's sized to fit some kind of tokens they used to use in Japan to pay tolls.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:07 PM

The old GT86 are under powered and slow out of the box. You would get annoyed revving it and not going anywhere in a hurry lol. But a hoot on the bends. But slow. I checked out the new BRZ this week. Tantalizing very beautiful lines and curves on the car. The seating is just incredible like a it's just right and feels like you are ready to have good time.

Last edited by RD36; 04-14-2022 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
Sorry, I don't have any expierience with BMW's past the mid 90's.
After my two e30 ownership experiences, I realized BMW is not on a path that'll suit my tastes for a fun to drive and easy to maintain vehicle. Their cars have become too bloated and tech-heavy from the simple, clean lines of the old cars. As a result, i'll choose almost anything else from any other manufacturer with a manual transmission.

Good luck in your search!

Old 05-07-2022, 10:16 PM
The lack of a temperature gauge is my only major complaint on what is otherwise a beautifully simple car. Also the clutch delay valve, although it's not as bad as it is on my 06 Accord 6 speed. Also was much better on my old 13 Accord LX 6 speed than the 06. To go on a quick tangent, it's a shame you can't get the manual, V6, and sedan all in 1 car except for the 7.5 gen (06-07, hence my having the 06), at least in the US. I heard rumors that they offered all 3 in Canada for the 9th gen, but I never bothered to corroborate that. I liked my old 9th gen Accord and the K24W is a fine engine, but I love V6 sleeper sedans and I'm a manual guy through and through.

Old 05-08-2022, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
^^

Easy to remove the clutch delay valve on the Accord. You should to that.

Old 05-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Already have a new slave cylinder that I'm gonna gut the valve on. I just need some spare time.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:28 AM
I hated this car more than you can appreciate. A part of my soul died with each trip on the road . I am a cheap SOB so the price was good, I mean 17k for a new car and a Honda to boot. Here is what I hated though:

No power
Uncomfortable seats
Completely nonfunctional, ill designed armrest between seats
Weird indentations of the super cheap walls in the trunk area. At first I thought I dented them but this is normal.
Not a chick magnet
Cheap seat materials
Horrible droning sounds. Always. Horrid little CVT and I also own a Subaru
Silly side rearview camera.... Why?
No cover in the boot to hide contents. Yes I can buy one aftermarket but why? How do I hide my rifle?
No power
Never sure I would be at highway speed by the time the on ramp ended
Lots of decrepit old people drive them. I am old enough to be mistaken for one.

Stuff I actually liked:
Cheap price
Good gas mileage
The odd cup holder under the left vent driver side

Sold it for a Civic Type R.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
I still am very happy to have it - especially for the MPG and all the stuff that FITs in the Fit. I can only top this GK Fit with my former 1994 Civic VX - which I dearly miss ever since the ^&*#^^%*^&*$% stole and parted out my VX.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Man, if you ended up in a Type R, you're definitely not the target audience for a Fit. I ended up in an Si, but I still miss the Fit, which I maintain is more fun to drive on the street- not in stock form, but isn't tinkering half the fun of owning a Honda?

Fit LX with a manual, RV6 downpipe, HFP shocks/springs, Progress rear bar, and 16" Enkeis with sticky tires. Not enough power to be exciting in a drag race. Enough to be fun on a twisty road, and despite having less total grip, the steering felt more lively than the Civic. I miss the lightweight, raw feeling that Hondas used to be known for. Fit with a few tweaks is probably the last Honda that still has it, the Civic is too heavy and insulated by comparison. Still a good car, and better in every performance metric than the Fit, but I don't like it as much.

Had to switch off the lanewatch camera in the Civic, I hate it. LX Fit didn't have it. And I had made a plywood trunk floor with a hatch so I could keep an AR pistol locked underneath, and room enough for a plate carrier next to it. Haven't figured out what to do with the Civic yet, since the trunk has less room and adding a spare tire didn't help matters.

If that leaves you wondering why I switched, wife is something of a neurotic mess of worrying, and she thinks the kids will be killed in the Fit.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:32 PM
The front center cup holder height limit. Doesn't fit my reusable bottle.

Sound deadening is a bit weak

Driver wiper streaks badly in main view area. Haven't found a wiper brand to fix this yet. Sprayer aim is finicky and speed dependent.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:43 PM
Pep
Front floor mats

Not a fan of the tiny floor mat in in the front. In Canada in the winter the salt build up over time imbedded into the carpet. Took out the seats then the carpet. Then hosed it off good with soap and water. Let it dry in the sun before putting it all back together. Bought wider floor mats that helped a bit.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:20 PM
Pep
Thumbs down Rust away

Another problem is that My 2011 Fit does not have a rear wheel well splash guard. The front axle has them but without them on the back the frame has started to rust. Going to blast off the rust and brush on some Tremclad.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pep
Another problem is that My 2011 Fit does not have a rear wheel well splash guard. The front axle has them but without them on the back the frame has started to rust. Going to blast off the rust and brush on some Tremclad.
But isn't that your fault for not putting on rear splash guards? None of the new cars I've owned ever came with any splash guards but I've always put them on as my father did before me. The exception is my 2018 Fit which came with dealer installed Honda guards,

Old 06-20-2022, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by Pep
That's a 90's thang. Get an EK civic they came with mud guard etc.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pep
I suggest using some POR15 instead of Tremclad. Way better!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit