General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
It was always called the "ashtray" in all of my previous cars. Being a non smoker it was a perfect place to dump coins, cash register receipts and the like. I'm really disappointed that my Fit doesn't have one.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by woof
It was always called the "ashtray" in all of my previous cars. Being a non smoker it was a perfect place to dump coins, cash register receipts and the like. I'm really disappointed that my Fit doesn't have one.
Same here, missing the ashtray for storing small loose items.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:29 AM
Lack of power. Also road noise plus that clutch delay valve it makes clutch feel weird and annoying. Also steering is vague but can be improved with some mods.

Old 03-17-2022, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by steve37
^^^ I doubt he will answer.....post was 15 years ago.
😂 lol ....

Old 03-18-2022, 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
Lack of power. Also road noise plus that clutch delay valve it makes clutch feel weird and annoying. Also steering is vague but can be improved with some mods.
Which engine and transmission do you have? I'm asking because one of the best things in my 1.5-liter 6MT GK is the performance.

Old 03-18-2022, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by TnTkr
Which engine and transmission do you have? I'm asking because one of the best things in my 1.5-liter 6MT GK is the performance.
1.5 single over head cam (SOCH) engine and 5 speed manual gearbox. For Australia unfortunately.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:01 AM
1.5 single over head cam (SOCH) engine and 5 speed manual gearbox. For Australia unfortunately.
How many horsepowers? Mine has 130 hp.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SteveBausch
This was a certified used Honda directly from dealership.

Heater is pathetic.
Moon roof needs its fuse pulled, to avoid opening it.
Manual doesn't state the fuse form factor.
No clues on how Honda expects the fuses under the dash, adjacent steering column, to be changed.
There's a fuse map next to those fuses, but it's upside down.
No explanation in manual of those chimes, alerts.
Stupid automatic window feature.
Ground clearance isn't much.
So-called intermittent wipers are a weekly irritation.
These are extremely weird complaints that I have never heard from a single other person.

But hey, have fun tripling your gas bill and endangering other motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists in your truck that I’m sure you really need.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
These are extremely weird complaints that I have never heard from a single other person.
So, you are complaining about the complaints?

Old 03-18-2022, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by TnTkr
How many horsepowers? Mine has 130 hp.
88kw 118 BHP. You have more horses.

Old 03-18-2022, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Rear suspension

Old 03-22-2022, 06:30 AM
88kw 118 BHP. You have more horses.
Lol check out this guy and his hotrod!

61kW / 81 hp is all I need (and can get) from the L13A.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by elkaku
Rear suspension
True.
+Clutch delay valve
+Cramped driving position

Other than that: it's cool.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:34 AM
I dislike the auto window feature. Mine stick every time and pop back down unless i keep the channels loaded with graphite or they're quite wet from rain or car wash. Still runs great but plugs give me fits. bringing it in for the driveshaft recall tomorrow. Also the tpms set up is a pain if you want to run your own winter wheels as you need extra sensors and a programmer. I run only non ethanol 89-90 octane and get about 4mpg better than 87 and 2.5mpg more than 93. I figure my cars earned it and motor sounds great as long as a plugs not trying to escape!

Old 03-31-2022, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gopher128
I dislike the auto window feature. Mine stick every time and pop back down unless i keep the channels loaded with graphite or they're quite wet from rain or car wash. Still runs great but plugs give me fits. bringing it in for the driveshaft recall tomorrow. Also the tpms set up is a pain if you want to run your own winter wheels as you need extra sensors and a programmer. I run only non ethanol 89-90 octane and get about 4mpg better than 87 and 2.5mpg more than 93. I figure my cars earned it and motor sounds great as long as a plugs not trying to escape!
The fit does not need higher octane fuel, which burns slower and resists ignition. It may feel good to put more expensive fuel in the car but there there is no benefit whatsoever.

As for the window, have you tried taking the door cover off and inspecting the rail mechanism?

Old 03-31-2022, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
The fit does not need higher octane fuel, which burns slower and resists ignition. It may feel good to put more expensive fuel in the car but there there is no benefit whatsoever.

As for the window, have you tried taking the door cover off and inspecting the rail mechanism?
I have a hard time believing that I don't get better mileage with non-ethanol fuel as everything I've heard states that regular gasoline has more energy density than ethanol fuels. I also calculate gallons and miles by hand not the crummy mpg counter in the car as it is tied to throttle usage which is not accurate in my m/t fit. I purchased it new and have 130,000 on it so far. I replace the oil every 3750 miles with full synthetic. I do this because the oil at the mileage is very black, foams up some and smells burnt. I gain about 2 mpg on that first tank after change. It's been a great car. I'm not too keen on taking apart door trim as I've had clips break in the past and I'd rather just lube the rails and deal with it. The glass only binds in the last three inches of travel so I just stop short or close all the way. Do you feel that the rails are just loaded with dirt? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Old 03-31-2022, 08:30 AM
Non-ethanol gas does have more energy so you'll get slightly better mpg with it.Otherwise it won't make any difference to the engine. TBH I doubt new oil makes a measurable difference to efficiency though.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:07 PM
You may be right. I might be driving extra slowly right after changes to attempt hyper-miling. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Unfortunately mine just started rotting through in the rockers. Erie PA winters are salty to say the least. Hoping to repair and get 5 more years and 70,000 out of it.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:13 AM
I have a hard time believing that I don't get better mileage with non-ethanol fuel as everything I've heard states that regular gasoline has more energy density than ethanol fuels. I also calculate gallons and miles by hand not the crummy mpg counter in the car as it is tied to throttle usage which is not accurate in my m/t fit. I purchased it new and have 130,000 on it so far. I replace the oil every 3750 miles with full synthetic. I do this because the oil at the mileage is very black, foams up some and smells burnt. I gain about 2 mpg on that first tank after change. It's been a great car. I'm not too keen on taking apart door trim as I've had clips break in the past and I'd rather just lube the rails and deal with it. The glass only binds in the last three inches of travel so I just stop short or close all the way. Do you feel that the rails are just loaded with dirt? Has anyone had a similar issue?
Your perceived fuel economy and performance gains are true, as shown in this old FifthGear episode

Old 04-06-2022, 12:20 AM
I also run prem in my BMW and Fit despite both being speccd for regular.

Sure, some claim "there's no difference, except cost" to running prem.
For both vehicles I and many others have noticed:
-shorter cranking time in all seasons
-smoother idle (prolongs starter and engine/trans mounts)
-better fuel economy (ethanol blended fuels burn faster and thereby cause engines to consume more than with prem. which burns slower).

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit