General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by photolab9
Warning lights are off and I was told that I should have the fuel injection cleaning done every 20,000-25,000 miles to prevent this from happening again.
This is NOT a recommended service on the maintenance schedule for a Honda Fit. I wasn't given a clear answer as to why this carbon buildup happened.
My brother in law has owned several Honda Fits and only had to have the oil changed and brakes done.
Did you happen to see the carbon or did they take pictures? Honda was suppose to have taken care of this issue with their DI design.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:48 AM
idling

My honda fit drops idling to an extent that it wants to cut can often cut when stopping at a red light. after starting and, engaging Drive it takes takes time to pick and jerks hard before it accelerates. what could be the problem.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Percy Peloyakgomo
My honda fit drops idling to an extent that it wants to cut can often cut when stopping at a red light. after starting and, engaging Drive it takes takes time to pick and jerks hard before it accelerates. what could be the problem.
probably worth its own thread. Include as much as you can about the problem including: mileage, avg mpg, oil change frequency, year, services done up to this point, etc

Old 01-30-2020, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by knope
probably worth its own thread. Include as much as you can about the problem including: mileage, avg mpg, oil change frequency, year, services done up to this point, etc
I agree. That problem is worthy of its own thread. You'll get much more detailed help with a new thread. Please include the year of your Fit too. Good luck with this.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:24 AM
Angry

JDM Base model GE6 without armrest

Old 02-04-2020, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by photolab9
I attached the invoice showing what the dealer found and the work that was done on my car.
Did you really state that all warning lights were on? It doesn't make sense to me that TPMS, or any of the abs or traction lights would be on. And there is no such things as "electric power system lights." I think there is a "charging system indicator" light that goes on if the alternator or regulator stops charging the battery and an "electric power steering system" light. But with a carboned up engine I would think that only the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL, commonly called a "check engine light"") should be on. There would be no reason for any other warning lights to go on.

Last edited by nomenclator; 02-04-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nomenclator
Did you really state that all warning lights were on? It doesn't make sense to me that TPMS, or any of the abs or traction lights would be on. And there is no such things as "electric power system lights." I think there is a "charging system indicator" light that goes on if the alternator or regulator stops charging the battery and an "electric power steering system" light. But with a carboned up engine I would think that only the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL, commonly called a "check engine light"") should be on. There would be no reason for any other warning lights to go on.
There definitely is an EPS light, it looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation mark next to it. Here's a thread detailing my experience with a bunch of lights coming on and how I fixed it, but no idea what the cause was. It's been over a year and probably at least 20K miles and the lights haven't come back on. These systems rely on each other so much, one light kicks off another.

Flashing TPMS, VSA OFF, ABS and Powersteering lights

Found a picture of it illuminated:

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 02-04-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
same as rismo, I had lights all lit up .... I disconnected neg on the batt ... then it went away and never came back.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Back up camera is just horrible. Any upgrades available on the market?

Old 02-05-2020, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RD36
Back up camera is just horrible. Any upgrades available on the market?
What don't you like about it? I think it's more than adequate, especially for a car of the fit's size. I also like the dynamic guide lines.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Honda saves a few not putting anything resembling actual carpeting on the floor, but does but 5mm thick insulating material that has a fuzzy surface on the top side that is supposed to look like carpet but fools no-one. OK if they want to skimp on carpeting, to save costs, and bring down selling price or increase profits, why did they spend money on putting absolutely useless red plastic things on each side of the rear window that resemble either lamps or reflector, but in actuality are neither lamps nor reflectors? For months I had assumed the were reflectors, but then I shone my flashlight on them and realized they were not actually reflectors. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to replace just one of those should it get cracked by a hailstone or a meteorite? Probably just as much as a reflector would cost – except it isn't actually a reflector. Why? They could have spent a few pennies more on each and made them be actual relfectors, or they could have saved a few dollars on each and put nothing there. Or made the rear window 25 mm wider on each side.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
,,,,,,, why did they spend money on putting absolutely useless red plastic things on each side of the rear window that resemble either lamps or reflector, but in actuality are neither lamps nor reflectors? For months I had assumed the were reflectors, but then I shone my flashlight on them and realized they were not actually reflectors. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to replace just one of those should it get cracked by a hailstone or a meteorite? Probably just as much as a reflector would cost – except it isn't actually a reflector. Why? They could have spent a few pennies more on each and made them be actual relfectors, or they could have saved a few dollars on each and put nothing there. Or made the rear window 25 mm wider on each side.
No different than the fake air intake scoops that many cars have on their fronts these days. A few decades ago it was the cheap fake wood trim down the sides of station wagons and the like, not to mention the cheap fake wood all over the dash and door interiors of how many different cars over the years? Just styling nonsense. The car makers just can't resist putting this stuff on. I just tune it out.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
Honda saves a few not putting anything resembling actual carpeting on the floor, but does but 5mm thick insulating material that has a fuzzy surface on the top side that is supposed to look like carpet but fools no-one. OK if they want to skimp on carpeting, to save costs, and bring down selling price or increase profits, why did they spend money on putting absolutely useless red plastic things on each side of the rear window that resemble either lamps or reflector, but in actuality are neither lamps nor reflectors? For months I had assumed the were reflectors, but then I shone my flashlight on them and realized they were not actually reflectors. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to replace just one of those should it get cracked by a hailstone or a meteorite? Probably just as much as a reflector would cost – except it isn't actually a reflector. Why? They could have spent a few pennies more on each and made them be actual relfectors, or they could have saved a few dollars on each and put nothing there. Or made the rear window 25 mm wider on each side.
Have you seen the rear end of a new Civic Type R? Same guy must be designer for both cars!

Old 02-09-2020, 05:58 AM
I have a hole by the accelerator pedal where the side of my foot touches the black carpet. I was going to cut that bare spot out but instead, I just bought a can of satin black spray paint and sprayed the area, even a little around that hole. Presto-chango, the hole "disappeared" and I can't even see it when I open the door! I know it's there but I just don't notice it now. :-) Quick, easy fix. ;-)

Old 02-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Perhaps it has already been mentioned, but my 2018 Fit EX, 6 speed, has a rough ride. I was coming from a 2010 Ford Focus (not a luxury car by any means), but my Focus had a much better ride.

I am exaggerating, but it seems like I can feel a grain of sand if I run over it. I have a little over 12,000 miles and running the recommended tire pressure.

What has others done to try to improve the ride? I will swap out the tires, but not until they have a lot more wear.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sinsinbad
Perhaps it has already been mentioned, but my 2018 Fit EX, 6 speed, has a rough ride. I was coming from a 2010 Ford Focus (not a luxury car by any means), but my Focus had a much better ride.

I am exaggerating, but it seems like I can feel a grain of sand if I run over it. I have a little over 12,000 miles and running the recommended tire pressure.

What has others done to try to improve the ride? I will swap out the tires, but not until they have a lot more wear.
Same here on my 2010. The worse ride in a car that I've ever had. I can't compare it to other small cars so this horrible ride may be the norm in this size category?

Old 02-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Sinsinbad

I compare my 16' EX to my 08' CRV, and the CRV feels like a caddy or Acura compared the the Fit. I think I have worn struts/strut bearings up front(being replaced this weekend), because I can't stand the front end "knock" over any type of bumps from 5-35mph... If I replace the front struts and all and it's still like it is, next year I will be trading it in for a 19' or Civic. Or trade both in for a newer CRV... I like my Fit though otherwise.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisA70
I compare my 16' EX to my 08' CRV, and the CRV feels like a caddy or Acura compared the the Fit. I think I have worn struts/strut bearings up front(being replaced this weekend), because I can't stand the front end "knock" over any type of bumps from 5-35mph... If I replace the front struts and all and it's still like it is, next year I will be trading it in for a 19' or Civic. Or trade both in for a newer CRV... I like my Fit though otherwise.
Hey, please let us know if it helped the ride a lot! If so, that maybe what I would consider to help my ride. But mine seems worse in back. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by JerryHughes
Hey, please let us know if it helped the ride a lot! If so, that maybe what I would consider to help my ride. But mine seems worse in back. Thanks.
I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. I’m praying to the car Gods the KYB struts, and Honda parts stop the shinanigans lol.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:40 AM
The most annoying feature in my GK5 Jazz is the sun reflecting from top of the dashboard to windscreen. The plastic used on dashboard is way too shiny. Also the front seat bulky headrests force the head stay too front and prevent having the comfortable head position. That is literally causing me headache.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit