General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 11:52 AM
https://sg.carousell.com/p/honda-fit...der-221953091/

Name:  0xnH74H.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  1.13 MB

The day this is made for left hand drive vehicles is the day I say "shut up and take my money!!!!!"

Old 12-11-2019, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits
The car costs $17,000. Some of you expect a lot for the lowest priced car in their entire lineup aimed originally at teenage drivers for their first car.
The Mitsubishi Mirage ES is only $14000, has the same mpg, and has much better fit and finish. The Mirage (3 cylinder non-GDI engine) is way down on power and acceleration for on-ramps and 50-70 mph times though. The Fit has an overall better Jazu Score (TM) but after living in it a while it's obvious Honda really cut costs and has a bit too many tradeoffs in this car.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:29 PM
And that Mitsubishi will be worth about $2000 in a few years. If it holds up. Plus they are pretty ugly. I'd buy a Yaris before a Mirage.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ChrisA70
And that Mitsubishi will be worth about $2000 in a few years. If it holds up. Plus they are pretty ugly. I'd buy a Yaris before a Mirage.
Youbetcha - that's why I'd buy a used one, they are ugly - but more economical for a commuter car in the Boston area - stuck in traffic half the time. Mitsu Mirage base model is quite reliable and parts are CHEEP. I did my research but ended up buying the Fit for the room factor.

A step down but a more economical option.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Only things I don't like about my new to me on 11/11 2016 EX GK is...

1. Hard plastic door armrests, elbow killers. I just ordered some elbow cushions, whatever helps.....
2. The not very useful center "armrest". I did mod it for comfort though.
3. Honda stereo system. I had that thing out within a few days, I remembered how much of a turd the one in my 2015 Civic was. Absolute garbage. And I had a 2018 Civic EX-T loaner and that too was CRAP.
4. Would it be too much to ask Honda to add the $150 cargo cover to the car? I mean really? I bought mine off Ebay for $70 shipped and it is EXACTLY like the OEM one.

Otherwise I love this car. It takes some of the miles off my 08 CRV.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
The amount of static produced by the seats when getting in or out of the car. Anyone else notice this? The shock when I touch the door is pretty powerful. Other than that, I'm getting the gas mileage, so I can't complain there...and I'm also draggin my 250lb. fat ass around, so it's pretty amazing actually! :P

lmao i couldn't stop laughing at this i get out and im scared to touch the outside of my car .
i push in my side mirrors with my elbows trying to avoid getting shocked .

Old 01-22-2020, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ICRUISE
lmao i couldn't stop laughing at this i get out and im scared to touch the outside of my car .
Just keep your hand on the metal part of the door when you get out of the car!

Old 01-22-2020, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
One key question - what tires are you using? I remember my 1994 Civic VX did this when I switched from the Dunlop low energy tires (OEM for the car) to an ultra-cheap set of Firestones. It was Winter (in MN) and the first time (and everytime) leaving the car - I'd get the shock. It never happened on the Dunlops.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Only things I don't like about my new to me on 11/11 2016 EX GK is...

1. Hard plastic door armrests, elbow killers. I just ordered some elbow cushions, whatever helps.....
2. The not very useful center "armrest". I did mod it for comfort though.
3. Honda stereo system. I had that thing out within a few days, I remembered how much of a turd the one in my 2015 Civic was. Absolute garbage. And I had a 2018 Civic EX-T loaner and that too was CRAP.
4. Would it be too much to ask Honda to add the $150 cargo cover to the car? I mean really? I bought mine off Ebay for $70 shipped and it is EXACTLY like the OEM one.

Otherwise I love this car. It takes some of the miles off my 08 CRV.
Mr Honda sent me a long survey - it was all about what other options I'd be interested in seeing in a new Fit. Stupid questions like - would you be OK without a spare tire, would a full Nav and entertainment touch screen be cool for $500 more, would you pay $225 more for better carpeting and floor mats as STD, and other stuff like that.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:28 PM
I went to the San Diego Auto Show and saw the new offerings and they had a new Fit. After seeing literally all the other cars beings sold, I hate to say it but the new Fit looked like cheap, cheap junk (sorry you new Fit owners) compared to even my 2010! I mean, the fit and finish, the paint job, everything was so basic and cheap-looking, even though it only costs a little over 16K, I would never buy one! What a total disappointment. I'm hoping the engine and transmission are shipped to Mexico for assembly because the visual quality is really sub-standard. I think the Fit will eventually be a thing of the past. Too bad because my 2010 is actually quite nice looking.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jazu
One key question - what tires are you using? I remember my 1994 Civic VX did this when I switched from the Dunlop low energy tires (OEM for the car) to an ultra-cheap set of Firestones. It was Winter (in MN) and the first time (and everytime) leaving the car - I'd get the shock. It never happened on the Dunlops.
I still have the OEM Firestone tires .

Old 01-22-2020, 02:55 PM
I gotta say i hated the factory headlights , when i would drive on roads with little to no lighting i couldn't see shit.
i had to constantly keep my fog lights on to get a better road view .
its a pretty easy fix since you can just replace them but as a safety hazard they should already come with better more powerful headlights .

... Just saying

Old 01-22-2020, 03:04 PM
I hold on to the door latch when getting out of mine or I get electrocuted. Want to drive one worse than the fit? My 2008 CRV is 1000 times worse by far. I swear the battery is hooked to the body to zap my ass.

Old 01-22-2020, 03:59 PM
I hold on to the door latch when getting out of mine or I get electrocuted. Want to drive one worse than the fit? My 2008 CRV is 1000 times worse by far. I swear the battery is hooked to the body to zap my ass.
Seat cover should not be cloth as that creates static electricity to the dress your wearing. Leather seats dont have those problem

Old 01-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rap SantOs
Seat cover should not be cloth as that creates static electricity to the dress your wearing. Leather seats dont have those problem
well lucky you ,
you get to wear dresses with out getting shocked

unfortunately i still get shocked even tho i do not wear dresses

Old 01-22-2020, 07:03 PM
well lucky you ,
you get to wear dresses with out getting shocked

unfortunately i still get shocked even tho i do not wear dresses

Same here. I still get electrocuted and don't wear dresses either. I have to ground myself in both cars during the winter.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:32 PM

Old 01-23-2020, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
I gotta say i hated the factory headlights , when i would drive on roads with little to no lighting i couldn't see shit.
i had to constantly keep my fog lights on to get a better road view .
its a pretty easy fix since you can just replace them but as a safety hazard they should already come with better more powerful headlights .

... Just saying
The headlight bulbs definitely need replacing. Don't waste your time on halogen, just go to a high quality LED and it's a world of difference.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Angry Carbon Buildup

I had the economy button on since I bought my car. I was told by the dealer it doesn't harm the car to have it on all the time. I have a 2018 Honda Fit. At 31,000 I had excessive carbon buildup. I drive mainly on the Thruway and never let the car idol. I am OCD when it comes to maintenance for my car. My dealer wanted to charge me $500 to fix it. The car was under warranty and they weren't going to honor the warranty because according to them the problem wasn't due to a defective part. I called Corporate and got no where. With a little research I found that this carbon buildup is common in Honda's and Corporate hasn't addressed the issue. Nobody could give me an answer as to whether having the economy button on all the time contributed to the buildup at such a low mileage. BTW, a fuel injection cleaning is not listed in the maintenance manual as a regular service because Honda doesn't want the cost of owning the car (as listed in Consumer Reports) increased by adding that to the schedule. After talking to several mechanics who work on Honda's and own them they confessed that they have the fuel injection cleaning done on a regular basis. Some honesty from Corporate would be much appreciated. Had I known this before-hand I could have avoided a costly repair. I leave the economy button off now and plan on having a fuel injection cleaning every 20,000 miles. Buyer beware.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:14 PM
My 2010 Fit has little to no carbon buildup at the exhaust pipe. (121,000 miles now) And I would think that freeway driving would be the best thing for keeping carbon buildup from happening. The only thing about using the injection cleaner is I only do it when I'm about to change my oil. From what I heard, it affects the oil somehow so using the cleaner one tank before changing the oil is the schedule I try to keep to. Good luck with finding an answer to fixing your carbon problem, cheaply.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit