General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jazu
My new 2019 Fit frustrations at 600 miles are:

fit/finish of the door and hood to the frame - gaps are different widths - this used to be a quality hallmark of Honda
Isn't the Fit made in Mexico now? If so, that may be part of that problem.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:54 PM
  1. water/rain on the top of the car will roll into the cabin (open window of course) on right-hand turns
Why do you drive with the windows down in the rain? I suspect all cars will get water inside if you drive with the windows down in the rain. A lot of people get those hideous vent visor things.

1. A/C output temperature and capacity to maintain a comfortable temperature is poor (even with ECO mode off)
Tint really helped this for me.

1. glare on the windscreen from the defrost plenum and daylight sensor cover
Have never noticed this.

1. no great floor mat options (see my comments on my WeatherTech Floorliners here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ies-gk-92.html)
I bought these and I really like them:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KP8UXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KP8UXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  1. cheap floor carpeting material
Floor mats should cover that.

1. fit/finish of the door and hood to the frame - gaps are different widths - this used to be a quality hallmark of Honda
While I hear you here, the car costs $17,000.

1. MPG calculations appear to be only while motion (I'm averaging about 2.7 mpg lower with gas receipts/miles driven) vs. the calculated mpg
I have yet to hear of any car that gets this exactly right.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Why do you drive with the windows down in the rain?

I didn't - but after the rain let up and I sat in traffic for a while, I wanted to roll the windows down. Nothing happened until I....jogged right (using my turn signals) to change lanes and got soaked with water. It's unfortunate that this is the first car for this to occur (and 5th Honda owned).

Old 08-20-2019, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
I love the hideous visor things. I can drive in the rain with my windows down an inch or so and not get any water in the car. They don't make the car any prettier, though.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
cheap floor carpeting material
Yes! I hate the cheap carpeting. I have the nice leather seats, but then the carpet is just trash. When I vacuum it, it "pills" and looks awful. Surely there's better carpeting options out there that Honda could use.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:40 PM
The car costs $17,000. Some of you expect a lot for the lowest priced car in their entire lineup aimed originally at teenage drivers for their first car.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits
The car costs $17,000. Some of you expect a lot for the lowest priced car in their entire lineup aimed originally at teenage drivers for their first car.
While it may or may not be originally aimed at teenagers, I actually see more people in their 30s and up driving Fits in my area. My Fit was around $20K, as I elected for leather seating and some other upgrades. The carpet is awful. Yes, floor mats help, but it doesn't help in the carpeted trunk area.

Broken Limits, do you happen to work for Honda or own stock in Honda? You seem very defensive about our issues. If you re-read the title of the original post, it asks for our opinions on what we DON'T like. Overall, I love my Honda Fit. I've owned two so far, and plan on owning more. No need to be defensive.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
For the rear, a cargo mat helps.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
I just learned to live with the "carpet"

There's no nice way of saying it, it sucks. lol

Old 08-23-2019, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Phoebe70
While it may or may not be originally aimed at teenagers, I actually see more people in their 30s and up driving Fits in my area. My Fit was around $20K, as I elected for leather seating and some other upgrades. The carpet is awful. Yes, floor mats help, but it doesn't help in the carpeted trunk area.

Broken Limits, do you happen to work for Honda or own stock in Honda? You seem very defensive about our issues. If you re-read the title of the original post, it asks for our opinions on what we DON'T like. Overall, I love my Honda Fit. I've owned two so far, and plan on owning more. No need to be defensive.

No, do not work for Honda. Just prefer to see things that CAN be changed or adapted. I am a realist. I get that this is an inexpensive car. If you want some things, all you have to do is buy a Civic or an Accord. When people complain about design issues, that speaks to someone that knows what the car is and what it could be. Examples would be things like storage issues, angles of glass, compartment issues, ease of use issues, ability to store certain things in certain ways, stuff that someone working for Honda would see as a legitimate issue.

When you buy a very inexpensive product, and then complain it doesn't measure up to an expensive product, that just seems weird to me.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:08 PM
My only things I dont really like about this car is the lack of power. With another 60hp this would be a reallllllllly fun car to drive. I used to not care for the ac till I had my windows tinted then I noticed a huge difference in how well the car stays cool. Yeah the carpet isnt great but I've seen much worse in other cars. The stock brakes could use a little bit of improvement. I changed to stoptechs & noticed a decent improvement in braking. People complain about the windows and rain & that can be cured with window guards. Honestly though, for a car that's less than 18k it's a pretty good deal. The engine has that honda reliability to it. I just hit 102k miles today & expect to get another 150k miles out of it. Overall though I'm happy with the car. If the sprinter supercharger could guarantee a minimum of 60 to 70hp gain without any other mods needed such as exhaust, header, intake, tuner, injectors, fuel pump etc then I would add one but I question their long term reliability as well as how much the added stress would shorten the life of the engine.

Last edited by Fit2Bsquare$; 08-23-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fit2Bsquare$
My only things I dont really like about this car is the lack of power. With another 60hp this would be a reallllllllly fun car to drive. I used to not care for the ac till I had my wi does tinted then I noticed a huge difference. Honestly for a car that's less than 18k it's a pretty good deal. The engine has that honda reliability to it. I just hit 102k miles today & expect to get another 150k miles out of it.
You know, I only get about 24 m.p.g. for city/highway driving and you would think that that, not being so great, the acceleration would be better. For an "economy" car, I would have expected much better gas mileage.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:16 PM
Jerry I avg about 34-35.5 mpg with my 5 speed and the ac running full blast. The power in the car is my only real gripe. This car is a slug compared to other cars I've owned.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Jerry I avg about 34-35.5 mpg with my 5 speed and the ac running full blast. The power in the car is my only real gripe. This car is a slug compared to other cars I've owned.
As mentioned, combined city and highway I get the 24 m.p.g. (that's using their instrument dashboard gauge) but on the highway I've gotten as much as 43 m.p.g.! Very happy with the highway but disappointed with the other because I spend 90% of my driving in the city with some highway mixed in. What do you get for your city/highway combination driving?

Old 08-23-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm going off the gauge on the dash and that's a combination of both city and highway driving per tank of gas. If I take a road trip that's strictly interstate then I get about 40-41.5 mpg.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:04 PM
I'm going off the gauge on the dash and that's a combination of both city and highway driving per tank of gas. If I take a road trip that's strictly interstate then I get about 40-41.5 mpg.
Wow! That's the kind of mileage I would have expected. Don't know why the big difference. Relatively new spark plugs and no codes. Don't know what's up. Ugg

Old 09-28-2019, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy No passenger cup holder

No passenger cup holder, there is a ton a space under there for a pull out so why eliminate the passenger cup holder.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by LawlessJa
No passenger cup holder, there is a ton a space under there for a pull out so why eliminate the passenger cup holder.
This! Haha. I wish my passenger had the bad ass A/C vent cup holder like I do on the driver's side. I show it to people and they say, "wow that's cool.... but where's mine?"

Old 09-29-2019, 04:23 AM
For the GK's right hand drive, there is actually a cupholder for the passenger side if the vent bezel is replaced.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
For the GK's right hand drive, there is actually a cupholder for the passenger side if the vent bezel is replaced.
Interesting!!! Pic?

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit