General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tr4q3r
-- gives me a shock more than my previous car
-- jolty transition from gear 1 to 2 in "S" mode
This is usually related to the "user" dragging his ass across the fabric of the seat and building up a static charge. This was also a common problem with 1996-2000 Honda Civics, so much so that Honda of Japan actually offered anti static pads as a part of their Honda Access line. It truly makes you wonder why they didn't continue offering such items.

I too originally noticed a "jolty" transition from 1st to 2nd gear in both D and S gears. However, this problem was very much resolved after changing out the transmission fluid with AMSOIL Synthetic ATF.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Tranny fluid made that much of a diffrence??^

Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TOOL
Tranny fluid made that much of a diffrence??^
Very much so actually, as the car now shifts so much more smoothly compared to when I originally bought it used back in July from Honda. There are even times when I don't even realize it's actually shifting/ed gears at this point.

However, I'm a firm believer in synthetic fluids, as I also changed out the Oil for Mobile 1 Synthetic at the same interval. But then again this is coming from someone who's also willing to spend numerous amounts of money on running Motul 300V, Motul Motyl Gear, and Motul Brake Fluids in his other vehicle.

At the end of the day does it come down to mind over matter? It very well could be. However, you have to remember that said synthetic fluids are helping to reduce the friction of the working components in either the motor or the transmission. So in that retrospect, things technically should feel significantly smoother due to less friction.

Last edited by JaySmith; 10-11-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Switching from dyno oil to Mobil-1 synthetic has also been shown to free up 1-2 HP in small engines like ours.. especially ones with higher miles.. yet another reason to spend the extra money..

Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Smile Wow

To think that this many people have issues with the Fit. I just wanted to add a side note, unlike all of us here on this forum there are tons of people in the world that can't afford a car/truck/suv etc. These people have the unfortunate lifestyle of taking a bus or hitching a ride with a friend, which I'm sure we have all been!
I just think to myself this is one of the longest threads on this forum and it is for a Fit bashing party. Just be thankful you have something to get you from point A to point B.....others are not soo lucky.
Get real..."the plastic scratches easy"......what's next the fabric seats cause you to break out in HIVES.
Enjoy life, enjoy your Fit and have fun!

GD3blaze07'

Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
jolty transition from 1st gear to 2nd
this sucks especially when some SUV is right behind you after a stop sign. they will come so close to my fit that i've to press the gas pedal harder (around 3000rpm..i don't like to go above 3000rpm).

Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
A new thing that is seriously bugging me, is that after 15 000km (9400 miles) I now have to replace both front brake pads and have both the rotors skimmed cos they are warped and discoloured. Thats just simply ridiculous! Of course they blame me and my "driving style" until an old lady who was sitting next to me said that hers went at 12 000km!!!! I hardly think she is also racing around the streets like a hooligan! Honda admit that they use soft compound brakes and I obviously cant use any other stronger brand as that voids my warranty.
Oh, and to tonyd3773, believe me, I do enjoy my car and am very grateful that I am so lucky and priviledged to be able to buy a car, and the good things of the Fit, far far outweigh the bad. Unfortunately I think it is human nature to moan and complain, and when you have spent quite a lot of money on a car, and something like the "plastics" are not up to "scratch", you cant help but complain. Its actually thanks to this very thread, that I now know of some of the problems to expect from the Fit for example, the front foglights smashing out, the soft brakes, the thin paint, and because of reading about other people's issues, I am able to take precausionary measures to maybe avoid that happening to my car too.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Smile Reply

All I stated was that this is one of the longest running threads and it is all negative. I think it is human nature as well...totally agree, but some gripes on this thread make me laugh...getting alittle bit nit picky..don't ya think?
Are your brake pads and rotors not covered under Honda? I dunno. How are your fog lights falling out?

I guess in ending we all have a right to gripe, we purchased a 17 thousand dollar automobile. It is just funny because I have not seen a thread about things we all LIKE about our cars. As you stated the good far out weights the bad but we should all be trying to make the car better. All of this is not making our rides any more sturdy or Mercedes like! Again this is all in good conversation

GD3blaze07'

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Ritzbury
the only thing i don't like is how damn obsessive i am over my fit. i spend way too much time taking care of it than i should. it's a good hobby for the time being though. word

Old 11-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Smile Positive

Thank you for the above Postive remark. It is certainly nice to hear at least one other.

GD3blaze07'

Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Warping and discoloring the rotors takes either heavy and hard braking or dragging the brake until they're nice and hot then hitting a deep cold puddle or something. I wouldn't be surprised if that old lady has her other foot on the brake all the time... old people and driving.. heh

I'm over 18000km now and brakes are fine, still had plenty left at 15k when I had last maintenance interval done. Perhaps yours were not adjusted properly and they were grabbing the whole time(overheating in the process), maybe someone rotating your tires decided to impact wrench the nuts back on in no particular pattern and warped the rotors.

Originally Posted by Suzi_q
A new thing that is seriously bugging me, is that after 15 000km (9400 miles) I now have to replace both front brake pads and have both the rotors skimmed cos they are warped and discoloured. Thats just simply ridiculous! Of course they blame me and my "driving style" until an old lady who was sitting next to me said that hers went at 12 000km!!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Tach placement on the left side of the speedo means my hand/arm is almost always blocking it when I'm shifting. Probably not a problem in the RHD world where this thing evolved... I wonder how tough it woluld be to swap the fuel gage and tach?

Also, the seats lack any real lumbar support, and an hour in the seat gives me back pains. I think I'll have to adjust that myself, though.

Blind spots are different, but certainly no worse, than my last car.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
All I stated was that this is one of the longest running threads and it is all negative. I think it is human nature as well...totally agree, but some gripes on this thread make me laugh...getting alittle bit nit picky..don't ya think?
Are your brake pads and rotors not covered under Honda? I dunno. How are your fog lights falling out?

I guess in ending we all have a right to gripe, we purchased a 17 thousand dollar automobile. It is just funny because I have not seen a thread about things we all LIKE about our cars. As you stated the good far out weights the bad but we should all be trying to make the car better. All of this is not making our rides any more sturdy or Mercedes like! Again this is all in good conversation

GD3blaze07'
Well, maybe we can turn this thread around into the "what do you like most about your Fit?"
Trust me, I hate to admit that there is anything wrong with my baby, and thats how the car gets treated, like a baby.
Unfortunately I tried to get Honda to replace the pads and discs at their expense but they said its a "wear and tear" item and so there is no warranty for it. Convenient. As for the fog lights, they arent falling out, its just that they have been nailed properly by stones and both of them are now cracked. The glass is still in, but if another stone comes my way, bye bye globes. Otherwise, I am over the moon with my car. Its the best in its class in this country and there are plenty of reasons for that.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I love my fit but yes like everyone has said with there gripes,its not a perfect car. then again nothing is perfect. haha. yes the paint chips easily and the seating position isnt the greatest on long trips for tall people like myself but thats what makes it fun. i love tweaking with my cars and finding unique ways of fixing what the manufacturers didnt. those little touches are what make the car more personal to you and make you enjoy it more in my opinion.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
The only thing I don;'t like about my fit is that the rear wiper doesn't have an intermittent function. My old RSX didn't have it either.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
all I wish for is that there is a dead paddle....but it's fixable, so it's all good.

at times I feel like a crazy mini copper owner...except I own a fit....

Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
no actual temp. gauge... just lights, no dead pedal... gas and break pedal not located in a good place to heel toe.... i have about 1500 miles on it and thas what i dont like at the moment

Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Dash rattles when its cold - seats feel cheap - no sunroof

Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
- Intermittent wipers have no intervals on front wipers.
- No rear intermittent wipers

I agree with these, but really have no other complaints.

No car is perfect, but this one is what I'd call ideal. I'll be going into my second winter now, and maybe this year we will have more snow than last year, but I really had no complaints about the way it preformed in the snow.

My biggest beef now, is that I just heard that 2008 will bring a redesign, and that will devalue my 2007 )introduced in 2006) model -- but it looked sweet in the photo I saw from the annual Japanese auto show -- would be nice to change every time a redesign is done. However, I'd need to change my Accord too, and all of that is just too darn expensive -- next time, I need to figure out the best year to buy, 'cause I think I missed them for these two cars (but I love them both in any event!).

Later,
Bill

PS: No paint problems, or shocks either!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
its the 2009 that is the re-design... probably to be released late 2008... i have an '08 and its almost the same as the '07 TPSM is the only big diff.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit