General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I was expecting a better fuel consumption from Honda Fit Shuttle. However, I am getting only 12-14Mm/l. what's the best way to increase fuel efficiency?
Do I need to run on economy mode to increase efficiency. All the time I am running keeping economy on

Old 08-03-2014, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlowFit13
I really don't likw the drive by wire....This is my first car with it and the delay/lack of feed back in the pedal kills me
Same thing with the clutch, very numb feeling, but there is a fix for that...Here i come civic master cylinder!
You gotta get an ETC. It will stiffen up the feeling of the laggy throttle big time. I have the Blitz model for the GD and run it in ECO mode most of the time. Usually that's good enough.

No moonroof/sunroof for the GD is the thing I dislike the most. More so than the missing center console, the cheap door trim, underpowered motor, and thin paint.

Last edited by Fitguy07; 08-03-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by piyal
I was expecting a better fuel consumption from Honda Fit Shuttle. However, I am getting only 12-14Mm/l. what's the best way to increase fuel efficiency?
Do I need to run on economy mode to increase efficiency. All the time I am running keeping economy on
Do not buy an ETC *(throttle controller) it is a waste of money.

Dont use economy mode if your trip consists of lots and lots of hills, the economy mode reduces power enough to sabotage any proper economy.

start looking FAR ahead and coasting early instead of having to hit the brakes hard. When you coast in gear, there is no fuel being burnt, until rpms reach idle speed, which case they start firing some fuel in there to keep the engine running

Old 08-03-2014, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
The gas tank is a little small. It would be neat if you could mount drop tanks all over the vehicle so you only have to fill up like once every 6 months.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Only thing I don't like about mine so far is its not in my driveway yet.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
Only thing I don't like about mine so far is its not in my driveway yet.
Same. The dealer gave me a loaner though, and i'm content to drive their car.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:11 AM
I agree that the blind spots are tricky - very hard to see oncoming traffic when driving around a curve. I also hate the seat cover fabric and the way it attracts hair and actually pulls the down out of my winter coat. And though I love that it quickly accelerates from 0-30, the engine lacks the power to go quickly from 50-60 when I need to on the highway. I bought rubber floor mats and even so the carpet has worn away on the driver's side - I can't figure out why.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:58 PM
It's a great, kicky little car. It would benefit from having a 6th gear (for those of us who like to really driver a car).

Old 08-16-2014, 06:21 PM
just picked up a 08 fit base model

and off the top of my head

no armrest
has aux option in cd player, but no aux outlet (thank god i kept my headunit from my EK)
no cargo cover
the passenger side sunvisor has no mirror

Old 08-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so ive had my '12 for 2yrs now going into my 3rd year. the one thing that keeps bugging
me is not being able to turn off VCA without the tpms sensors in the wheels.

besides that, the car's been doing real well. i luv the fact that i can carry my
19" wheel sets for my other cars without any issue to the tire store. shopping at
furniture stores have also been a breeze to carry home shelves, etc.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
so ive had my '12 for 2yrs now going into my 3rd year. the one thing that keeps bugging
me is not being able to turn off VCA without the tpms sensors in the wheels.

besides that, the car's been doing real well. i luv the fact that i can carry my
19" wheel sets for my other cars without any issue to the tire store. shopping at
furniture stores have also been a breeze to carry home shelves, etc.

I have a bad sensor, the way I disabled VSA was to pull the ABS plug from the motor, a few inches from the windshield washer tank.

Actually, I have had it unplugged for over 10k miles. Brakes still work fine, I do plug it in if I am going to be driving in very wet weather, though I personally have never had it activate the ABS except when in snow

Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 AM
what causes the blindspot

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
What causes the blindspots on the Fit? Would a convexx mirror fix that?
The wide frame between the windshield and driver's side window creates a dangerous blind spot. I've had my Fit for 5 yrs and I still can't get used to it.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
That's most modern cars, as the advent of A-pillar airbags has necessitated a wider pillar, at least for now.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
I have a bad sensor, the way I disabled VSA was to pull the ABS plug from the motor, a few inches from the windshield washer tank.

Actually, I have had it unplugged for over 10k miles. Brakes still work fine, I do plug it in if I am going to be driving in very wet weather, though I personally have never had it activate the ABS except when in snow
that's cool, i read about that somewhere on this site. i should do that too during the summer time.
the brakes are pretty weak on this car anyway.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by validivee
The wide frame between the windshield and driver's side window creates a dangerous blind spot. I've had my Fit for 5 yrs and I still can't get used to it.

tilt your head, blind spot avoided. Its stupid to have to change position to overcome such a simple blindspot, but I dont think Honda was paying enough attention to details

The airbag that pillar has is mounted high, I see no reason Honda could not have tapered that pillar thin to reduce blindspot lol

Old 08-21-2014, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
First off, I freaking LOVE the Honda Fit.

There was SO much thought put into this.

It's the little things that matter. And Honda has done an awesome job on that.

For instance......the seatbelts nag bell is a Gentleman. It doesn't nag at you right away.....it waits awhile to see if you'll put it on......THEN it sounds a few dings to remind you.....and then shuts the F up until some time later.....Now THAT is great engineering and consideration.

Then the knobs. A Big Volume knob....cause that's what you use all the time......and SIMPLE A/C controls. A Fan speed, and a Temp knob.

Just totally blown away by the design of everything.....so RARE nowadays.

On the Negative:

A/C. Don't know if this is normal......but it blows out cold air.......then seems to switch off .......then blows out more........I know it can produce cold air, but why it cycles I have no idea.

2013 Fit. I have it at Max with Fan at Max

Live in Palm Springs where it gets EFFING HOT

z

Last edited by Zardiw; 08-21-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 PM
My Fit blew plenty of cold air while I was in Texas during a few 110-120 degree days

make sure it is on re-circulate. When you hop into the car burning hot, do yourself a favor and roll all the windows down and blast the windshield fan setting for a good minute, to force all that super heated air out first.

With all the glass in our cars, it takes a good 5-10 minutes to catch up on super hot days

Old 08-22-2014, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
I always have mine on outside air.

And once I'm cruising it gets cool enough

But that is not the issue......The issue is that the A/C cuts out....and then starts again.

I KNOW it CAN blow cold air........just don't like that it doesn't do it all the time...

Gonna take it to the dealer, cause it's still under warranty.....and let them check it out.....my fear is it's probably designed that way.....probably some kind of cutout if something gets too hot or something......z

Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM
It cuts on and off to save gas.

That is the primary purpose of this car. Creature comforts are nice, but not mandatory in the budget style of car markets.

I wish Honda still offered an HF model for extreme gas mileage without hybrid tech bullcrap and all creature comforts were available as options, rather then standard equipment

I would love a brand new Honda with manual locks and windows. That right there is nearly 100 pounds of weight gone. wiring, modules, motors, more wiring, lol

Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
It cuts on and off to save gas.

That is the primary purpose of this car.
Neither of my 2010 or 2012 had this cycling.
Both always provided a steady flow of cold air regardless of fan or recirculation setting, or the outside temp.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit