General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by yuwan63755
Poor suspension, noisy rear suspension, useless paddle shifts, poor quality of paint (Honda has always been poor), uncomfortable driver seat and legroom, poor gas mileage, cheap interior and terrible sound system and speakers. Sold my fit this month.
May I ask what you replaced it with?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by JonStewartMill
maybe 2015 fit as that pretty much crosses every single one of those complaints off LOL

Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
maybe 2015 fit as that pretty much crosses every single one of those complaints off LOL
You know, from everything I've read about it, it sounds like you may be right. I know you have first hand experience with your JDM model.

-Dustin

Old 03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Poor suspension, noisy rear suspension, useless paddle shifts, poor quality of paint (Honda has always been poor), uncomfortable driver seat and legroom, poor gas mileage, cheap interior and terrible sound system and speakers. Sold my fit this month.

Your cheap car didn't come with the greatest suspension available.
My cheap car doesn't ride like a sofa, it rides like a go-kart. It's hard to give a tiny car a cushy ride.

Your cheap car saved a few bucks on the interior.
My cheap car's interior isn't as comfy as a sofa, but the seats move around to get some amazing cargo space.

Your AT can't be an MT even though it's got a gimmicky shifter.
Paddle shifters are a band-aid. If you really want to change your own gears, there is a transmission designed for that.

Your car can't get good mileage.
The driver is the biggest factor in mileage. Fits can get great mileage if you let them.

Your cheap car came with cheap speakers.
A car isn't a recording studio, and they're pretty decent cheap speakers.

If you want premium things, pay premium prices. Honda sells several cars that are a lot more expensive than the Fit, and I'm going to guess that they dropped a few more bucks on parts when they built them. The "good enough" that they put into their cheapest car is an impressive package, but you have to keep in mind that it's the cheapest thing they sell.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 PM
What I didn't like about my fit... It's dealer. Never got to the part where he's supposed to ask about add-on parts and accessories. SCK It! Asian honda dealers!

Old 04-09-2014, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JonStewartMill
Going to replace it with 2014 Hyundai Accent SE, which crosses all my Fit concerns off as well. Unless you have tried this vehicle, don't dun it. Hyundai has changed a lot since early 2000 and really improved with looks and creature features with the 2012 and up model. Paint is great, 6 speed auto transmission(no CVT), comfortable interior, more cargo room than the fit with seats up, 4 wheel disc brakes, better sound system and much better seats and interior features. Nice looking body style and while probably not as zippy as the 2013 fit, it is the ride I enjoy more than the playing.
I may still look at a Fit in a couple years after they get the Mexico bugs ironed out, but for now it will be a SE.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Going to replace it with 2014 Hyundai Accent SE, which crosses all my Fit concerns off as well. Unless you have tried this vehicle, don't dun it. Hyundai has changed a lot since early 2000 and really improved with looks and creature features with the 2012 and up model. Paint is great, 6 speed auto transmission(no CVT), comfortable interior, more cargo room than the fit with seats up, 4 wheel disc brakes, better sound system and much better seats and interior features. Nice looking body style and while probably not as zippy as the 2013 fit, it is the ride I enjoy more than the playing.
I may still look at a Fit in a couple years after they get the Mexico bugs ironed out, but for now it will be a SE.
You lost me at "auto transmission", but whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Love the Fit Sport sound system. Way better that the dead-sounding system in the Civics.

Don't like that the steering wheel blocks the top of the speedometer. Have to duck down to see how fast I am going. I wish they had the high-mounted digital display like the Civic. The Civic speedometer display has saved me from a few speeding tickets!

Really need extenders on the sun visors. The dots above the mirror are useless. Maybe I'll see if the Odyssey ones with slide out extensions fit.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by demouser
Love the Fit Sport sound system. Way better that the dead-sounding system in the Civics.

Don't like that the steering wheel blocks the top of the speedometer. Have to duck down to see how fast I am going. I wish they had the high-mounted digital display like the Civic. The Civic speedometer display has saved me from a few speeding tickets!
I completely agree with demouser! I love the sound system too. Way better than my wife's 2012 honda accord even with 6 speakers.

I wish the speedometer too was a lil higher. I just adjusted the steering wheel a lil bit so i could see it. Seats could have some more thigh support and height adjustment for my wife. Lol. Cabin noise could also be improved.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 AM
The only complaints I have so far is that when I put the steering wheel at the most comfortable height for me, it covers the top half of the speedometer. Also, the seat is a little uncomfortable and I wish the sun visors had more coverage.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Having to look around the mirror is annoying. Oh well, it beats having the roof another 6-8 inches higher.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM

Sorry I missed this before.

I rented one of these a few weeks ago for about a week on a work trip. All I can say is

Although it had a few more features than my Fit, I couldn't wait to get out of it. Slow as balls (yes, much slower than M/T Fit by a longshot), cheap interior... a few more features than the Fit, but it just felt like a 2000s Chevy. Handled like garbage, VSA was super intrusive made powering out an even slower experience than it already was, though I don't know how intrusive it is on the Fit since I don't have it. I kept turning it off but the times I forgot I was definitely reminded I forgot. It didn't even ride well stock, high speed damping was crap. My lowered Fit with 90k miles on the shocks feels better than that though I will say stock ride on the Fit definitely leaves something to be desired... that's part of the reason I said F it and just lowered it, figured it wouldn't be much worse LOL

I even tried using the slap shifter and there was no point whatsoever. I had to panic stop from 60-0 on my way back to the airport to return it and about midway through braking the steering wheel just lightened up randomly and lost traction, not like lock up, but like the tires weren't even in contact with the ground? No idea what happened there but that was enough to not want to get in one again. Good thing I know how to drive/recover or that would have been a wreck for sure. No there was no water on the ground, it was 80 degrees and sunny and not a cloud in the sky.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with a lot of stuff. Seats, visors, ride, lack of HP, noisy inside. But I still really like the car and the one thing I really like is that I'll be able to put close to 200,000 miles on it.

My last Honda was a 1986 Civic Si (bought new), had 193,000 on it before I sold it to a mechanic in 1999. He drove it a couple of thousand more, then had to replace the engine. Sold it to some guy and it ran for a few more years (used to see it around town). That's why I like Hondas.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Having to look around the mirror is annoying. Oh well, it beats having the roof another 6-8 inches higher.
Agreed. I like that the 2015 has the third brake light integrated in the spoiler, so it's not intruding into the rear view right where you need it.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
........................If you want premium things, pay premium prices..........
Very well said.
Could be the new Accent owner didn't "sell" his Fit. Most probably returned it as the lease was up. Then shopped around for another good deal. Believe me, Hyundai has good deals. He can drive it for the next 3 yrs. and possibly wake up again, return the Accent and lease a GK.

If he actually paid cash for the Accent, its features better continue to satisfy him for the next decade cause that's how long it would take to make its depreciation feel normal. Hyundai has improved in all aspects of car mfg. but their rate of depreciation is worse in the first 5 years compared to the JDMs. Just compare the residual values.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Found a new one. They didn't switch the 60% and 40% split rear seat for the US model.
You can carry 8' lumber in the Fit, but it has to be diagonal from left rear to right front, with the front seat folded flat. If the 60% piece was on the passenger side, it would have enough space to leave the small side up while carrying lumber. As it is, you have to fold flat both rear seats and the front seat, leaving only the driver's seat open. Lumber + passenger is not possible.

This could also be solved by making the car about 6" longer.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
Found a new one. They didn't switch the 60% and 40% split rear seat for the US model.
Sounds less like a complaint and more like "it isn't a pickup truck".

Seriously, I've hauled lumber in mine so I know what you mean. At the same time the stuff I've managed to fit inside this car over the course of its life has made more than one jaw drop, mine included.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:42 AM
What do you mean it isn't a pickup truck? I rolled the windows down and brought 3 pieces of 12 foot long base moulding home in it. Sounds like a pickup to me.
However...what I don't like:
1. Underpowered heater. Not a problem for you California guys, but I discovered the heater has a hard time keeping the huge amount of windshield clear on really cold Canadian days.
2. Honda seem to have put a rock magnet somewhere in the fit.
I get dinged on the highway way too often and it's chipped the hood and windshield. Could be the crappy roads, or maybe bc my fits still pretty new I care more. But it does seem to happen more than it did in my civic.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:52 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fred1975
1. Underpowered heater. Not a problem for you California guys, but I discovered the heater has a hard time keeping the huge amount of windshield clear on really cold Canadian days.
I've noticed that too, even in the somewhat less frigid weather around here. It's less of a windshield problem than it is the need to keep the heat cranked up pretty far just to stay comfortable.
2. Honda seem to have put a rock magnet somewhere in the fit.
I get dinged on the highway way too often and it's chipped the hood and windshield. Could be the crappy roads, or maybe bc my fits still pretty new I care more. But it does seem to happen more than it did in my civic.
Get a hood deflector (the plastic thingie on the leading edge of the hood). I do a lot of freeway/turnpike driving and had a chip on my windshield within the first few weeks of ownership - not to mention all of the bug hits. The hood deflector cut it down tremendously. Highly recommended!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
I think I've read on here that the paint isn't that great. Or it's thin.
That might be true based on my stone chips. I know it's a car...it'll get dings. But it does seem worse than I've noticed in the past.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit