General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
At this point, I'm starting to get accustomed to my dislikes. The only thing I'd really chalk up as a failure to Honda is the OE seat & seating position.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Just got my 2014 fit last week. There was a couple things that I was not in love with when I bought it but compared to the other cars I was looking at it was the best. The first thing that I'm not thrilled about it the material on the inside of the doors, the door handles, the low clearance and the fact that when I hit 100km/hr its already at 3,000RPMS.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
You change the material . I did

Name:  006-6.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  66.6 KB

At a 100 klicks maybe shift? I run around 2300 at 100-110 in 5th.

And you guys that don't liek the seats... go search for the gas pedal mod and seat mod

Last edited by Black3sr; 03-18-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr

And you guys that don't liek the seats... go search for the gas pedal mod and seat mod

Thanks tips....I am in 5th. Not my first rodeo drivin stick.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I love my fit, but my few things i don't like. wish it came with an armrest, i can manage and deal ofcourse. The pedals are kind of awkward, idk what it is but my right ankle just feel sin a very weird position all the time. One thing that really confuses me is that my CD player has the disc + and - buttons but it only holds one disc unless i dont know how to put more in?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Poor suspension, noisy rear suspension, useless paddle shifts, poor quality of paint (Honda has always been poor), uncomfortable driver seat and legroom, poor gas mileage, cheap interior and terrible sound system and speakers. Sold my fit this month.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by yuwan63755
Poor suspension, noisy rear suspension, useless paddle shifts, poor quality of paint (Honda has always been poor), uncomfortable driver seat and legroom, poor gas mileage, cheap interior and terrible sound system and speakers. Sold my fit this month.
Okay now that statement really makes you look ignorant. You found ALL that out after test driving? A prolific test drive would have shown you all those weak points but you still bought it. Hmmm.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr

What company made your kit? Im not a fan of wood but wanted to see if they did a brushed aluminum or carbon fiber kit? Thank you.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Desmond:
Check in the mirror for ignorance. During a test drive, who can tell the operation of paddle shifter, the comfort of the seat and legroom (takes a 100 miles or so for this to show), gas mileage cannot be determined during test drive, who can tell the overall interior quality and sound system during a test drive? Rear suspension problem just started around 8,000 miles and of course Honda could not fix. Thought paint might have been improved, but it was not. These are all personal opinions that you do not have to read, so keep the ignorant comment to yourself. Many people have the same concerns that I have, so do not try to read something into my comments.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Gas mileage is entirely dependent on the driver in low power lightweight vehicles.

Sound quality got WAY better after the speakers break in. I bought my fit about 2 weeks before I took a long trip back home to visit family on leave. It is a 1200 mile trip.

I would say I got to Wisconsin (home) before the speakers had a noticeably better sound.

Most of the suspension sounds went away with a few thousand miles.

EVERY new car has stuff in it that need to "break-in"

Seems you were unsatisfied simply because you did not allow much seat time to figure out if something was truly wrong, or if it was simply an issue of a car sitting for awhile (no new car is sold right off the truck) that needed some road time to clear its lungs.

This post is mostly for potential buyers rather then you specifically.

Im trying to be unbiased, but then I do own a Fit.

If cheap and comfortable and good gasmileage are important, a 92-96 toyota camry is a great choice. My 92 was one of the most smooth and quiet cars I have ever driven. It made my ol cadillac eldorado feel worthless of its cadillac name

Old 03-22-2014, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit has a much better sound system than a Civic. I like it.
Civic seats are much more comfortable than a Fit.
Paint is perfect on my Fit.
Yes, there are some suspension noises to inspect once the snow melts.
You haven't seen a cheap interior unless you drive a Mazda or GM or Chrysler.
Interior room is great for such a small vehicle.
Paddle shifters are amusing, but you need twisty roads to use them. Kind of pointless around town at low speeds.
Gas mileage is OK if you baby it.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
13 Fit:
My Fit was 2011 Sport and it was fun to drive. Car had 12,600 miles in 2.5 years and I take care of my vehicles. No matter how long I drove, the suspension creaking got progressively worse and the seat never became comfortable to the point where I would get cramps in my pedal foot. It was a decent car, but I think that maybe they had made improvements from 2011 and 2013 and hopefully more improvements on the upcoming 2015. I am well aware of break-in time, but it never happened. The Fit was my 109th car since I was sixteen, so I have seen my share of lemons and decent vehicles. I liked some things on my 2011, but I also disliked just as many.
Hopefully, the 2015 had made improvements.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Need a 6th speed!

Old 03-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Desmond:
Check in the mirror for ignorance. During a test drive, who can tell the operation of paddle shifter, the comfort of the seat and legroom (takes a 100 miles or so for this to show), gas mileage cannot be determined during test drive, who can tell the overall interior quality and sound system during a test drive? Rear suspension problem just started around 8,000 miles and of course Honda could not fix. Thought paint might have been improved, but it was not. These are all personal opinions that you do not have to read, so keep the ignorant comment to yourself. Many people have the same concerns that I have, so do not try to read something into my comments.
I stand behind every word.

Originally Posted by 13fit
Gas mileage is entirely dependent on the driver in low power lightweight vehicles.

Sound quality got WAY better after the speakers break in. I bought my fit about 2 weeks before I took a long trip back home to visit family on leave. It is a 1200 mile trip.

I would say I got to Wisconsin (home) before the speakers had a noticeably better sound.

Most of the suspension sounds went away with a few thousand miles.

EVERY new car has stuff in it that need to "break-in"

Seems you were unsatisfied simply because you did not allow much seat time to figure out if something was truly wrong, or if it was simply an issue of a car sitting for awhile (no new car is sold right off the truck) that needed some road time to clear its lungs.

This post is mostly for potential buyers rather then you specifically.

Im trying to be unbiased, but then I do own a Fit.

If cheap and comfortable and good gasmileage are important, a 92-96 toyota camry is a great choice. My 92 was one of the most smooth and quiet cars I have ever driven. It made my ol cadillac eldorado feel worthless of its cadillac name
EXACTLY!!!

Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 AM
13 Fit:
My Fit was 2011 Sport and it was fun to drive. Car had 12,600 miles in 2.5 years and I take care of my vehicles. No matter how long I drove, the suspension creaking got progressively worse and the seat never became comfortable to the point where I would get cramps in my pedal foot. It was a decent car, but I think that maybe they had made improvements from 2011 and 2013 and hopefully more improvements on the upcoming 2015. I am well aware of break-in time, but it never happened. The Fit was my 109th car since I was sixteen, so I have seen my share of lemons and decent vehicles. I liked some things on my 2011, but I also disliked just as many.
Hopefully, the 2015 had made improvements.
Damn, I thought I was bad with the Fit being number 32 at 25.

Of all my vehicles, only 5 have been longterm, aka longer then 12 months.

Im guessing you are in your 50s, or you assist or own a car lot

Old 03-23-2014, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
I stand behind every word.

EXACTLY!!!
As do I. The topic of this thread is What you don't like about your fit. You like your fit, great! I did not like mine and I just stated my feelings. This is not to be personal, so read if you like. My 2011 Fit was not a good car and I will stand by that.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
Damn, I thought I was bad with the Fit being number 32 at 25.

Of all my vehicles, only 5 have been longterm, aka longer then 12 months.

Im guessing you are in your 50s, or you assist or own a car lot
No I am in my 60's and retired as a Quality Assurance Director, never worked at a car dealership, so I may look at cars differently than most. I have had plenty of vehicles from new to classics-foreign and domestics and I never keep a new car past the warranty period, so I can pretty well tell the quality of a vehicle rather quickly. As I stated before, maybe Honda made changes from my 2011 Sport, as it seems the '12 and especially '13 are improved. I baby all my cars and they are near new when I trade them in. Hope the '15 is improved.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I dont like having to manually unlock the doors after parking so passengers can get out...

Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jakeytehpirate
I dont like having to manually unlock the doors after parking so passengers can get out...
You can program them to unlock when you shift into Park. RTFM.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 PM
That or it can be programmed not to lock at all when you drive.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit