General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
For the CDV you need to change the whole CMC for the GE. See here for options:

2009 Fit (ge8) Clutch Delay Valve - HondaSwap Forums
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...y-valve-4.html

Steering feel being numb around center could be a number of things. I would start with tires and work from there. You could make alignment changes but I think it's a band-aid because generally the car is pretty darty at the slightest steering input, there may be other issues.
Thanks for that, I actually have a civic CMC waiting to go in, I suspect the numbness could be due to alignment. I bought my GE with progressive springs but not keen on keeping them in. So when I swap them out I'll tackle both at once.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by einstein77
You didn't mention your use of the defroster and the recirculate switch setting. A few of my friends had similar problems, but in each case they always had their recirculate switch on "inside air" instead of "outside air" when using defrost. I don't know if this applies to you but I suggest you check it to make sure. Otherwise, these cars do have fogging problems that I never encountered in other cars I've owned, but the defrost switch always solves the problem.
Originally Posted by GeneralLee86
I found out also that the fogging up of the windows was do to not having the circulator on bringing in fresh air instead of recirculating and that was definitely my problem. The only other problem I have is when the cooling fans come on the lights dim sometimes because I hear them come on and can see the headlights dim a little for a second or so. It could me going crazy too!
Does turning on the A/C help with this? In our last car, whenever we turned on the defroster the A/C always came on. I don't remember if it usually defaulted to air-intake or not.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Fresh air should be on all the time, unless it's really hot and you want to cool the car quicker.
The only time I ever switch to recirculate is if I'm come up behind a vehicle that's spewing smoke... don't want that coming into the cabin.

Keeping vent on recirculate will, in time, lead to an unhealthy build-up of moisture in the cabin.
I have heard of moldy carpets resulting from this.

The fit does have a hepa cabin filter and it should be pulled and inspected yearly. If nasty black spots appear replace it OEM quickly.
It is the air you breath - think well.

K_C_

Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 AM
What do I not like about my 2011 Fit?

No turbo/super-charge option (seriously, this car is begging for turbo).
No selectable ride height (for instance, when visiting my relatives with driveways that are a bit too steep).
Can't select rotating display on non-navigation-kit audio (i.e. so the display goes artist then song title then time, changing every 5 seconds, etc)
Can't change the color of the LCD display of the audio system.
The FM/AM Antenna (seriously, why should I have to remove it every time I go to a car wash?)
No automatic motorized folding side view mirrors (like those in Japan have as an option: seriously, it's an awesome option).
The manual doesn't list the time/mile intervals for some maintenance items (I don't want to depend entirely upon the maintenance minder for everything).
No option to install a tow bar for a luggage rack.
No option to install a roof rack system for luggage.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Fresh air should be on all the time, unless it's really hot and you want to cool the car quicker. The only time I ever switch to recirculate is if I'm come up behind a vehicle that's spewing smoke... don't want that coming into the cabin. Keeping vent on recirculate will, in time, lead to an unhealthy build-up of moisture in the cabin. I have heard of moldy carpets resulting from this. The fit does have a hepa cabin filter and it should be pulled and inspected yearly. If nasty black spots appear replace it OEM quickly. It is the air you breath - think well.
K_C_
Depends on where you live. Here in Florida it gets very humid anyways. The only way to truly prevent moisture in this area is to run around with the A/C on, which has obvious disadvantages. Really, what I'd like to see is a dehumidifier become a stock option so that you don't have to use the A/C to dehumidify. I work on aircraft and there are ways to do this without installing something that robs the engine of power.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:01 AM
TwinReverb - agree fully. Up here in the NE I too run with AC on 99.9% of the time, winter and summer. Cooling is just part of it - conditioning is all of it. When AC is off in any car I get into I can immediately tell. Many folks really don't understand the principal. I worked closely with an HVAC guy for many years, learned a lot.

Our FIT's are right on the edge - design wise. There is a slight loss of power but that's the way it goes. ALL-IN-ALL it's a great little hatchback, a keeper for sure.

K_C_

Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TwinReverb

N.
https://www.facebook.com/sprintexusa

Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member

No selectable ride height (for instance, when visiting my relatives with driveways that are a bit too steep).
Can't select rotating display on non-navigation-kit audio (i.e. so the display goes artist then song title then time, changing every 5 seconds, etc)
Can't change the color of the LCD display of the audio system.
The FM/AM Antenna (seriously, why should I have to remove it every time I go to a car wash?)
No automatic motorized folding side view mirrors (like those in Japan have as an option: seriously, it's an awesome option).
The manual doesn't list the time/mile intervals for some maintenance items (I don't want to depend entirely upon the maintenance minder for everything).
No option to install a tow bar for a luggage rack.
No option to install a roof rack system for luggage.
All of this can be address within the aftermarket.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
^Yes, all that stuff can be added or changed. It's an entry-level car.

All the recommended mileage intervals can be found online if you don't want to use the MM. There's several threads on here discussing this as well.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Ok, let me rephrase that. "No stock turbo/super-charging".

I'll wait to do things that void my warranty after the warranty runs out.

The Honda dealership said that tow bar and roof rack are not available and that installing either would void my warranty. I understand that all of these are addressed by aftermarket, but if it's going to void my bumper-to-bumper warranty, I'm not going to do it until the warranty runs out. Really, my gripes are for Honda: if they offer solutions that don't void my warranty, I'll gladly buy said options.

Last edited by TwinReverb; 12-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket parts will only void your warranty if you have a problem and they determine that the part itself is what caused the problem. There is a law that covers this. If you go the route of the hitch bike rack I can't imagine what problem the hitch could cause if you're only using it to haul bicycles. Now if you're going to be towing a trailer with it (which I'm currently doing and many others have done without an issue) and you tear up the tranny or something, that definitely could void the warranty.

-Dustin

Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
Aftermarket parts will only void your warranty if you have a problem and they determine that the part itself is what caused the problem. There is a law that covers this. If you go the route of the hitch bike rack I can't imagine what problem the hitch could cause if you're only using it to haul bicycles. Now if you're going to be towing a trailer with it (which I'm currently doing and many others have done without an issue) and you tear up the tranny or something, that definitely could void the warranty.

-Dustin

I've thought about that.
If I ever take the car for warranty work, I will either remove the trailer light wire harness, or at least hide it, and put the bike carrier on the car.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by over40pirate
I've thought about that.
If I ever take the car for warranty work, I will either remove the trailer light wire harness, or at least hide it, and put the bike carrier on the car.
I replaced a Ram 1500 that was just sitting in the driveway most of the time except for runs to Lowes to pick up lumber, etc.with a 4x8 utility trailer that I pull behind my Fit. It does the same job the truck was doing and gets 30+ mpg while doing it. A nice bonus is all the funny comments I get from the guys at work when they see my tiny car pulling a trailer. They're just jealous!

-Dustin

Old 12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok, let me rephrase that. "No stock turbo/super-charging".

I'll wait to do things that void my warranty after the warranty runs out.

The Honda dealership said that tow bar and roof rack are not available and that installing either would void my warranty. I understand that all of these are addressed by aftermarket, but if it's going to void my bumper-to-bumper warranty, I'm not going to do it until the warranty runs out. Really, my gripes are for Honda: if they offer solutions that don't void my warranty, I'll gladly buy said options.

I'm almost certain honda has OEM roof racks. I don't see how that can void warranty.

Performance wise, the jazz was never meant to be a rocket ship. Even with a blower the cost doesn't really justify the gains.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
TR, sounds like you bought the wrong car.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
The one reason I always thought you brought a car like the Fit it is reliability, utility and fun to drive. But also it is a basic car that allows you to add features kind like the not so long ago Miata when it first came out you could order it without A/C, power steering, and power windows (which my does not have) nor does it have power mirrors. Kind of a platform for to customize it to your taste not the car manufacturers taste.

I agree it is a shame that the options available even in Mexico on the Fit are not offer here but hey I drive a 19 year old Miata with crank windows, cassette player, and manual adjusting mirrors this makes my Fit seem like high tech.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Why the hell would you need to raise the Fit even higher? It's high as is. And seriously, what car (non-SUV/crossover/truck) under $40K has adjustable/selectable ride height straight from the factory?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by jdmj0
Why the hell would you need to raise the Fit even higher? It's high as is. And seriously, what car (non-SUV/crossover/truck) under $40K has adjustable/selectable ride height straight from the factory?
+1 on that, I haven't seen any to be honest that has selectable ride height. Luxury euro's are starting to incorporate active damping control (eg. Audi with the Magnetic dampers) but that's not under 40k.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I have a less than easy time buckling the driver seat belt with the arm rest down. I feel like I'm practically putting the buckle with the space between the seat and the center console.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
I think he indeed bought the wrong car. Or at least expected too much out of the Fit.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit