General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lane03
Door armrests aren't padded.
And they break if you lean more than a pinky finger on them.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Very true. That happened to our driver side arm rest, luckily the car was still under warranty.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I think it has enough power to be fun to drive if it didn't rob ALL power any time the tires break traction for a moment. Seriously, it sucks. I'm schooling myself to disable ESC every time I get behind the wheel unless it's snowing.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lane03
Door armrests aren't padded.
Shit, I wish the driver side armrest was higher or at least even in the center armrest. My elbows don't even touch the door armrests cause they are too low.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM
BHP
I don't mind the door armrest, as I sit my arm on the window sill. I do, however, wish that the driver's seat armrest was positionable, like the one in the Odyssey. Is the after-market armrest/console higher? Is that worth getting?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by BHP
I don't mind the door armrest, as I sit my arm on the window sill. I do, however, wish that the driver's seat armrest was positionable, like the one in the Odyssey. Is the after-market armrest/console higher? Is that worth getting?
Doesn't work for me since I usually drive with windows fully closed and I hate arm smudge on the glass if I were to do that.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I find the 'inside' armrest too close to use comfortably. The armrest in my '98 Odyssey was the same way, but this one is worse.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 AM
LM_
I love my jazz but there are a few complains..

First of all, the deteriorating important parts that you have no choice but to change. I hate how the mountings have given up very quickly. The gear box have started to fail a little because whenever I reverse its not moving smoothly, a little shaky and sudden momentary vibration is there. I'm not the first owner so I thought may be this could be the mishandling from the previous owner. I had engine mountings changed and if it doesn't give me any problem for a long time then may be its because of the old owner. Most parts are wearing out as I drive but I know for japanese cars' parts need to be changed as quickly than other brands cause they are not built to last so these parts are cheaper and you can buy other brands that makes them.

Second, the interior. There's no armrest in my 2007 jazz and I read from here people have them and complaining lol I don't need it but would have been better if there was armrest. The carpet was like made from cottons or are they? They have become like a dog's fur. I work in a service station and Toyota Yaris has better carpet than the Jazz. Hard to clean and some place have already worn out. The carpet underneath the pedals on the edges have open up. There's no side/rest pedal for my left foot in the automatic so my foot rests on the floor. I found in Toyota they have a left foot rest on automatic cars. I also don't like that the hand brake has edges that small things can fit and get stuck. The side door at the rear has no place for where passengers can put something or if I wanted to leave some magazines in there. I don't know if you guys have this problem, but my handle in the ceiling on all doors have started to be sticky. The rubber-like plastic have melted. Its too hot here in the UAE but nots an excuse. Our dashboard is made of plastic too but that didn't turn into a slimy sticky plastic. And lastly, the ceiling seems like it was the same material they use in the carpet. From where the rearview mirror is attached and on the the edge between the windscreen and the interior - this has open up a bit and air might be coming from there because I hear noise when I drive above 100 km/h. That's not cool. Its already annoying that the dashboard can become noisy sometimes.

Third and last, the headlight its a little low. When you drive in an area where there's less light, the headlight of the jazz beam is short and you have to switch to high beam to see farther. Just doesn't seem to give more light that it should.

These are just few things compared to my list of why I love this car. dde04

Last edited by LM_; 07-27-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
-totally needs rear disc brakes
-homelink
-thicker paint and doesnt look like an orange peel
-25 more horsepowerssss
-auto start/stop
-8 more mpg (start/stop would add 1 probably)
-flip key
-HIDs lol
-LED tails

this would probably raise the MSRP by $4k hah.

OR like i told Honda they should make a complete stripper model, with power NOTHING and no amenities plastic windows priced at 11k.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitlucas
-totally needs rear disc brakes
-homelink
-thicker paint and doesnt look like an orange peel
-25 more horsepowerssss
-auto start/stop
-8 more mpg (start/stop would add 1 probably)
-flip key
-HIDs lol
-LED tails

this would probably raise the MSRP by $4k hah.

OR like i told Honda they should make a complete stripper model, with power NOTHING and no amenities plastic windows priced at 11k.
So you want features Honda doesn't put into 30k+ cars in your 15-20k econo car? Be real.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
6th gear and windshield

needs a 6th gear for 65+mph

that huge front horizontal windshield burns me alive during the afternoon

Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Not that I should be reading all of this at work, but I took the 20 minutes to read the whole thread. Interesting things you guys do not like. I guess it's safe to say everyone is different.

I love my GD3 Fit. I haven't had one complaint with it except for the front seats. They feel so high. That's my only complaint. Need lower seats lol.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Didn't read all the previous posts but yes:
2008 Fit Sport

-Carpet sucks
-Floor mat doesnt hold up
-Road noise
-No front cabin lights
-Wish it had a spring loaded tensioner for the belt
-The Stuttter that everyone complains about (its crap that we have to buy 4 coilpacks...to POTENTIALLY fix) Seems like a defective product to me. It is only when somebody gets hurt that they will issue a recall. So if you've been hurt or nearly hurt, report it to the NTSB.
-more power so i can drive uphill no problem

Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 PM
so far just the visor. totally useless for blocking the sun. i wish it was 'normal'/straight across and didn't tilt upwards, or that it had an extension that could pull out from the bottom

Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Rear drums actually drive me nuts. I really would like to do a rear disc conversion. In time I will do it though.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
that its a auto gearbox =(...and manual transition is not available in my country..

Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Not big on the rear drums, or the tiny gas tank (though $20 getting me half a tank is pretty cool)

The body roll is annoying compared to my old jetta but I'd imagine it could be way worse, coming from a BMW then a VW my 'acceptable body roll' is skewed going to an economy car.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Wink Something's different here on some of problems noted.

I drive an '07 sport with 185000 miles on it, manual tranny. I have found that with smaller engines like 1500cc, manuals get 25% better fuel mileage. I live in the Sierra Nevada range, 25 %steep mountain roads, 50%highway and 25% in town, stop and go. I get 40-45mpg regularly. I drive 60-65 and I coast when I can on slight downgrades, up to stop signs. But, I live in a rural environment.

Don't like the self locking feature; lousy FM radio reception.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Rear drum brakes.
No engine temp gauge.
No auto headlight setting.
MPG could be better.
Needs taller gears.

I knew all that going in, so no complaints.

2103 Fit Sport MT

Old 09-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Door locks don't unlock when put in park

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit