General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
- Gas mileage (or lack thereof): The gas mileage far surpasses that of my Avalanche or my wife's GMC Envoy, for sure, but it's FAR from what Honda claims of it. If I were one of those suit-happy idiots who lives in courtrooms to extort money from companies I would have filed multiple class-action lawsuits by now. I seriously don't know how some on this forum and elsewhere are getting 37+ mpg and higher. I'm lucky to get 27 mpg under normal driving conditions.
Testees at factory are trained to drive like grannies.
If you drive like you have an egg under your foot, and do mostly highway driving you will get the mpg they brag about. your normal is not test conditions. At least their numbers are doable not like hyundai who has to issue gas refunds.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 AM
im getting 33mpg city right now

Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
34.2 mpg combined was up to 34.8 mpg seem to decline recently.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
a couple of weeks ago, i made a round trip highway test for mpg performance. using cruise control only and limiting my speed to 60 mph.
average for the round trip 46 mpg.
i got 38 mpg driving against 20 mile per hour head wind, then on the way back i got 54 with the 20 mph tail wind....

i like everything about my fit as long as the cruise is working.
if it ever stops working, it will have to be repaired because my leg is not comfortable on the gas.

the fit was purchased to be a towed dinghy for our motorhome, but we really enjoy driving it whenever we get a chance.....

Name:  tifyellowstone_zps1b7b2c39.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  136.1 KB

Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 AM
I bought one last month and found so many issues that I had ended up filing a suit in the court... I even made a blog of the issues !!
http://honda-jazz-review.blogspot.in/

Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neilsatyam
I bought one last month and found so many issues that I had ended up filing a suit in the court... I even made a blog of the issues !!
Honda Jazz
What issues? Only one I can see is the door nor fitting. Never heard that one before.

Maybe you should have test driven one first? Obviously you bought the wrong car.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by annunC8
- Navigation system: Interface for both audio and navigation are absolutely horrible, butt-ugly, more dated than even the term "dated". So ugly (Interface/Graphics) I'm embarrassed for people who drive by to see it in my dash. Decent system overall... just ugly as hell! May have to rid my dash of its ugliness!

- The interior: Far too utilitarian look and feel. In some ways it too is ugly like the navi system onscreen graphics, but not quite as bad. On second thought, not so much ugly, just far too plain for my tastes. There are saving graces such as the gauge cluster which I like fairly well. Yet I like interior space and functionality, considering its size.

- Exterior paint: Will almost chip, scuff, etc. if you even look at it too hard (yes, mild exaggeration... but only mild). Pretty clear in some places, orange peel in other areas, etc... Just bad quality control on the paint. Probably one color layer and one layer of clear coat with minimal rubbing out, if any wet sanding/rubbing at all.

- Sheet metal: Horrible... will dent, ding and bend if you lean on it with any semblance of weight... seriously! Can run my finger along the roof with minimal pressure and see a wave of sheet metal running in front of my finger where I gently push. Tin, maybe?

- Power: Could stand a little more power... but didn't expect any more than I got, really.

- Power mods: Apparently nothing one does to boost power (CAI, SRI, exhaust, etc.) will give the Fit any more power than it already has. It would appear the ECU compensates for any boost and brings it back to factory specs. Kinda' takes some of the fun right out of modding the Fit... trying to squeeze what one would like to try and squeeze out of the Fit. Someone HAS TO come up with ways around the "governing quality(?)" of the Fit's totalitarian nature!

- Cheap interior/exterior materials: Sorry, I think Honda could have done better even though it is an econo-box.

- Gas mileage (or lack thereof): The gas mileage far surpasses that of my Avalanche or my wife's GMC Envoy, for sure, but it's FAR from what Honda claims of it. If I were one of those suit-happy idiots who lives in courtrooms to extort money from companies I would have filed multiple class-action lawsuits by now. I seriously don't know how some on this forum and elsewhere are getting 37+ mpg and higher. I'm lucky to get 27 mpg under normal driving conditions.

There are other things I don't like, but the above are things that are borderline major with me.

There are definite things I like, a lot, about the Honda Fit Sport. But then, you asked for negatives, not positives.

No offense, but why the heck did you buy the car then?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Honda Jazz

From your list of issues, you're filing suit because you don't like the car? Ridiculous. I hope the judge laughs you out of court.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Honda Jazz

"I bought a car that I don't like and now i'm suing!"

None of those are defects.

Idiot.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DefStatic
No offense, but why the heck did you buy the car then?
Like I said, I DO like quite a few things about the Fit. But I purchased it for two reasons. The main reason was for this "incredible" gas mileage I kept hearing about. Secondly because I thought if I must get a gas sipper then get one that will also be fun to toy around with and fun to drive.

As far the list of complaints/disappointments, most require actually owning first before you know just how good or bad a ride can be. Some of those fit the " must own before knowing" category perfectly.

This forum made me aware of the Fit... I just didn't recall reading much about many of my complaints.

All in all, however, it's a fun and decent box for the money. It could be a lot worse!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
No worries, just seems like a laundry list of major reasons I wouldn't buy a car.

And that guy with the blog, I have finally read part of it. Half his complaints are total blunders. You can't fault the car for you buying a car without rain sensing wipers and then holding that against it. And half the features he complained about missing are hardly used in the vehicles that have them.

And really, you need sensors to turn on your wipers for you? A back up camera for a small hatchback? And lane changing indicators? Are you out of blinker fluid?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I usually research the car before I buy one. I read about the complaints people had with the Fit such as the seats and A/C. But for around $17k brand new I can not expect it to offer the same options as a $25k car. Overall I have very few complaints with my Fit (you are going to find something wrong with any car you buy). and very happy with my choice.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
really though, some of the things that he mention such as rearview camera, front and rear sensors are available as OEM upgrades on a JDM fit. it seems that he is from indonesia, and he has a RHD JDM Fit. spend the extra money and get the stuff u need. and my god, eat some protein so u can open them doors. here i am thinking my doors pop open too easily.

on the other hand. since u hate your jazz so much, mind shipping the front end and bumper to the US?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Question Fit issues

Honda Jazz
I don't get it, obviously this is not the car for you,did you read up reviews or test drive it? Why did you buy it in the first place ?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DefStatic
Are you out of blinker fluid?
LMAO!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
... on the other hand. since u hate your jazz so much, mind shipping the front end and bumper to the US?
Yeah, and while he's at it he can send me the convenient steering wheel mounted mode button -- and associated wiring -- that changes the information display modes (directly across from the speech button on the Fit Sport steering wheel). That way I don't have to reach through or around the top of the steering wheel to press that rather dated little knob that dims the lights when turned, and changes info modes when pressed.

Yup... other countries get that function button mounted on their steering wheel so they can scroll through the modes without taking their hands off of the wheel. There is a button for it on the Fit Sport (bottom right-center of steering wheel), but it's obviously a non-functioning [dead] button.

Other countries get some cool Fit features (conveniences) we don't in the states. Japanese models get a shorter nose/rear and electronic climate control... just to name two.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
The hated Jazz

Hey , now that I think about it, maybe his Jazz has Oil pressure and coolant temperature gauges instead of lights,we all could use that, maybe his Jazz does not have a TPMS light,that would be a plus!!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Dogs and Short People

There are only a few things I can complain about:

• Actually, it's my wife who is complaining...She is 5'-5" with long legs and short torso. The drivers seat on our 09 base doesn't adjust up and down and she ends up keeping a pillow in the car to get her height up a bit when she drives. Have they added seat height adjustment ability in later models?
  • The upholstery material in our base is the most dog hair magnetic material we have ever run into in all the cars we have owned. We have a white Whippet and a white and brown Chihuahua a mix, both short haired dogs, and their hair is all over the dark grey seats and is really hard to remove.

Last edited by doane2u; 02-09-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 AM
fog lights and dash lights they are just irritating

Last edited by OpalArmes; 05-13-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, we all get what we pay for, I switched from a Top of The Line 2004 Accord Coupe 6cyl ,6 speed,leather seats all the "bells and whistles" to a FIT.Only thing I really miss is an oil pressure gauge and a coolant temp gauge, FIT has warning lights for this and it is usually too late when they come on.The rest, well ,for the price you can't expect much, just get used to it.It is a less robust chassis and suspension but it is what it is.I've gotten used to it (almost )including the infamous TPMS light that keeps coming on and staying on,take it to a dealer, "fix it" only to have the light come on after a couple days. Just let it shine.It is a nice little car,regardless. JJ

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit