General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Mileage reports: Manual transmission (5MT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Brand New SSM Fit Sport 5MT 1st fill up

Just got the car last Wednesday (June 13) and filled it up Sunday. I went 367 miles and it took 9.8 gals, or a milage of 37.3 mpg. That is with 90% heavy stop & go traffic and 10% highway cruising at 60 mph.

With only 414 miles on it I'm keeping it below 60 on the road and shifting at about 3100 to 3500 rpm, mostly right around 3100. After filling it up we took it on a drive for about 78 miles on the highway. Now I'm doing the back and forth to work trudge. I'll let ya all know what mpg I get next.

The Fit is great!

Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
I am just glad to hear I am not the only one getting great mpg. My average is 39-40mpg and the highest I have achieved is 45mpg.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
I just picked up my 2007 MR MT on June 13th and filled it up for the first time today. 285 miles using 9 gallons got me at 31.67 mpg. I was a little heavy on the throttle and my A/C usage so I'm still happy. My last vehicle was a Jeep that got 15 mpg. Traded that mess in to get the fit.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Second Fillup

My second fill up came at 415 and some tenth miles and took 11.9 gallons. This time I "filled it to the rim." I have 235 miles on this tank so far and the indicator is showing 3/4 of a tank.

I'm thinking I'll fill it up about Thursday or Friday then I'll let you all know about the mileage on this tank.

Later

Old 06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Got my SSM Sport last month, just hit the 1000 mile mark... I <3 it! I just finished my little mileage experiment. I let the tank run down to the "fill light" last week, filled it up (9.125 gallons), then drove it until the light came back on (all city driving; 340 miles). So, 340/9.125= ~37 mpg. I'm very happy.

I'll be doing a 100% highway run across the state of NC driving to the Outer Banks this weekend. I'll do another mpg check then.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
6 tanks so far at about 1500 miles
1. 44mpg
2. 39.9mpg
3. 36mpg
4. 39.1mpg
5. 39.5mpg
6. 39.1mpg

pretty good mix of highway/city/rural driving. mostly shifting around 3000rpms.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
bernardio, what gas brand are you filling up with? I am "down the street" from you in Dublin and filling up at Safeway's gas station. My fit is AT and so far my "gas mileage experiment" is leading me to believe it is down to a driving style and elevation changes of the road. Next part of the experiment, which will take some time, is to try different gas brands.
BTW, cool to have FITFREAK neighbor!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ciburri
bernardio, what gas brand are you filling up with? I am "down the street" from you in Dublin and filling up at Safeway's gas station. My fit is AT and so far my "gas mileage experiment" is leading me to believe it is down to a driving style and elevation changes of the road. Next part of the experiment, which will take some time, is to try different gas brands.
From my experiments with gas brands I would hve to say that Chevron gives me the best mileage, with Shell and Unocal being next. I will sometimes get Costco or Safeway because of convenience, and the do quite well, just as good as Shell or Unocal. Valero, ARCO, Mobil 1 give me less.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
500 mile tank

Originally Posted by Rdean58
My second fill up came at 415 and some tenth miles and took 11.9 gallons. This time I "filled it to the rim." I have 235 miles on this tank so far and the indicator is showing 3/4 of a tank.

I'm thinking I'll fill it up about Thursday or Friday then I'll let you all know about the mileage on this tank.

Later
Sounds like you are well on your way to this:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...san-diego.html

Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
I usually use what ever is close.. but so far I have only gone to the Shell on Bernal and Valley in Pleasanton near my work. I filled up again yesterday and only was able to put 8.962gal in before the pump cut off. I did 318 miles / 35.48MPG. During this tank I did more long trips to Hayward and back, didn't use the AC as much since it's been a bit cooler.. but I did run the car past 6k rpms more that a few times since I pasted the 500mi break-in.

BTW, I think I saw your car last week on Dougherty unless someone else with a Red Fit with black wheels is around us! See you around I guess

Originally Posted by ciburri

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bernardio
I usually use what ever is close.. but so far I have only gone to the Shell on Bernal and Valley in Pleasanton near my work. I filled up again yesterday and only was able to put 8.962gal in before the pump cut off. I did 318 miles / 35.48MPG. During this tank I did more long trips to Hayward and back, didn't use the AC as much since it's been a bit cooler.. but I did run the car past 6k rpms more that a few times since I pasted the 500mi break-in.

BTW, I think I saw your car last week on Dougherty unless someone else with a Red Fit with black wheels is around us! See you around I guess

LOL! Looks like we live close by, but we work even closer! I am off Koll Center PKWY / Valley.
That was me on Dougherty all right. I live off Stagecoach in Amador Lakes.
My wife and I "camp out" at Starbucks off Hacienda with our friends just about every night. Stop by! (my cell: 925/785-4142, Ivan)
I work in a room without windows and outside door has to be closed for security reasons. If I do not spend couple of hours sitting outside I will start climbing walls at home! Drives me nuts. Best part of work is getting to it and driving away from it. LOL!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Talk about close, my office is on Koll Center Pkwy as well! With One 2yr old boy and one on the way, I barely have a chance to get out of the house at night, but I got to check out your car sometime. I'm planning on doing some mods like an exhaust and intake to start with.. I'm not sure if this will change my MPG (still on topic ). I'd be happy with 34mpg without compromising my normal driving style.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Getting scary! LOL! Congratulations! Can't wait for kids! Just don't think we can afford them right now! Just practicing for now! I am 36 and unless I plan on being a grandfather to them we need to pull the trigger soon! My wife is starting to drive me nuts just as much as our folks. If she meets you and your family, I will be under even more pressure. Talk about forced induction!
Fit can "fit" couple of baby seats and their strolers and still get great mileage (on topic!). Intake mod is cool and exaust, as you know from your EVO experience, can get loud and droning on fwy's, but mileage can slightly increase (on topic for the second time!). Just chose carefully. If you have some ram air CAI, you can increase it further since more air will be forced in the trottle body and you will have to press pedal less to get same speed outof it! Worked on my CRX. Since we do not have true air flow sensor like most other brands, most of computer calculation is run from temperature and MAP sensors. Car won't run much leaner enough to hurt it.
Since we are mostly "free" and impulsive on plans, give me a buzz when it works the best for you. When I mange to get our friends to quicken their pulse, we set out for a BBQ up Mount Diablo. It would be great if your family and you could join us sometimes. We can compare mpg difference between two loaded Fits, one MT and other AT (that is the third time, I am getting good at this!).
Cheers,
Ivan

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
3rd fillup

Filled up the Fit this morning. She had 427.5 miles on the trip and filling it up to the rim took 11.674 gallons so it worked out to be:
36.6 miles per gallon. Not too bad. Again, most of this was commute miles.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
426.9 miles - just over 9 gallons on fill up

just took a road trip from Pittsburgh, PA to Southern CT.

426.9 miles and it took just over 9 gallons of gas so math shows about 43 MPGs.

Stayed around 75 - 80 MPH the whole way. RPMS between 3300-4100.

No A/C drivers window half down rear passenger window half down.

Thoroughly pleased with the passing power in my lil Fit - after 4000 RPMs it seems to want to go higher.

Max Speed I've hit (which happen to be on this trip) was 87.6 (according to my GPS).

Car has about 2600 miles on it now and i've had it for a month.

Love it, love it, love it. Still gets gawks and stares as I drive it around town with very few other Fits in the area of CT I am in because they are extremely wealthy and even the teenagers drive $40,000 coupes and sedans.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I am confused at how anyone is putting more than 10.8 gallons of gas in their tank since the manual states it is a 10.8 gallon tank. Does the tube leading to the tank actually hold an addition gallon? And are you running it until you are on fumes?

As far as mpg, I get around 33 on average with my highest being around 35.5 mpg. This is probably due to how I drive( I love the get up and go). I usually have to fill up around 300 miles and put in around 9 gallons. I haven't done any mods except switching out the air filter with the K&N air filter, not really a mod. As far as top speed, I easily get up in the 90's without realizing it and still have plenty of power left. The car just wants to go, go, go.

Anyway, love the Fit,

Utnorris

Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
First fill-up: went 300 miles before the gas light came on. Put in 9.25 gallons. Mixed city and highway driving. My driving style is sporty but not aggressive. I usually shift around 4k - 5k.

My fit is the base w/ 5sp.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by utnorris
I am confused at how anyone is putting more than 10.8 gallons of gas in their tank since the manual states it is a 10.8 gallon tank.
Many people "overfill" their tank by continuing to add gasoline after the automatic shut off of the pump. This way you can get more gasoline in the tank than it is designed to hold (you can also ruin your vapor recovery system by doing this).

Old 07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I don't know if it's on fumes or not, I fill it up when the light comes on and I fill it to the rim of the filler hose. I will then drive it about 30 miles. My latest fill up took a little over 11 gals and I averaged 35.6.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
NMG
Just filled up today. The Fit took 30.3 litres and I managed 438 km on that amount. That works out to 6.92 litres per 100km or 34 MPG if my calculations are correct. This is roughly 50/50 city vs highway. This tank had slightly better numbers than the first.

My Fit is bone stock, around 1,100km on the odomoter. I'm loving the mileage

Quick Reply: Mileage reports: Manual transmission (5MT)