General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sport Fit mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Sport Fit mudflaps

I would love to have mudflaps for our Sport Fits, that could fit with the flare body kit and that it would look flush, something like the toyota matrix has...any plans?suggestions?thoughts?

Old 02-19-2007, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
I 2nd that request

Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Yeah!! Is it just me or is everyone's rear end, always dirty if they're ANY water on the ground??? I find that even if i wash my car, after driving 19KM (work to home) the back end of the car is already dirty if it rained the day before. Everything else is perfectly clean, it's just the rear hatch and bumper that's a mess!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
All of you are in climates where you never get to "see" your exhaust. Even at 10KPH my exhaust clings to the rear window. The Fit is poor in air flow and I have mud flaps all around and the hatch is always collecting road spray.

IMO it is also the reason for low gas mileage from those who travel around 75-80 MPH. I have looked everywhere for the "Drag Coeffecient" of the Fit/Jazz and found nothing. Common sense tells me it is nowhere near the Civic or the hybrid Honda's.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
You'd figure that with the shape of the Fit, it's reletively aerodynamic and therefore, roadspray shouldn't be that much. (even though wind does curl) But what you're saying is that even with mudflaps on YOUR (willMAX11) sport model, the roadspray is still there?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
You'd figure that with the shape of the Fit, it's reletively aerodynamic and therefore, roadspray shouldn't be that much. (even though wind does curl) But what you're saying is that even with mudflaps on YOUR (willMAX11) sport model, the roadspray is still there?
Vans and hatchbacks have a lot of drag from the flat rear back. Turbulance is terrible. If you can see my sig. it says I drive an LX.
Putting on mudflaps would not keep the road spray from covering the rear end.

By the way I did not buy my rear mud flaps from Honda. (My LX comes with them on the front.) I just went to Can Tire and bought ones that looked like they would fit. I even found small indents on the fender plastic where I think they drill holes for flaps. The reason I always use mud flaps is to keep the clods of slushy salt and ice from hanging onto the fenders. I even had to add a flap to the front ones to keep the slush from hitting the front doors this winter.

Last edited by willmax11; 02-19-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
i dont think there are muflaps for Sport Fits. Even if there are, i would like genuine Honda.
Mudflaps could help in 1)looks, ive seen dropped civics with mudflaps and 15 inchers and they look great 2) the rear bumper kinds of gets a cut if you look at your fit straight in the back, having an angled cut in the rear bumper instead of straight(ill try to get a picture if you dont get what I mean) 3)if you have or plan to get wide wheels like me, for ex. an 17x7, it will line up with the bumper and doors, lifting rocks off the road and thrwoing them into your paint..ouch
thats as far as I can think of right now, and write lol shite, im late to work

Old 02-19-2007, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
oh by the way, you have a point and it does have to be the lack of mudflaps. Even though the Fit's aerodynamics makes the car get a dirty ass, mudflaps would catch some of the water and dirt you lift up thus leaving less road spray to your rear and other cars.
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
Yeah!! Is it just me or is everyone's rear end, always dirty if they're ANY water on the ground??? I find that even if i wash my car, after driving 19KM (work to home) the back end of the car is already dirty if it rained the day before. Everything else is perfectly clean, it's just the rear hatch and bumper that's a mess!!!
WHAT IF Honda produced them and color matched them by factory, getting that look mercedes get? B-cuz i dont mean any mudflaps, i'd like some stylish short ones or at least properly sized, not thinking my Fit to look like a Rally car..

Last edited by fits_all; 02-19-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Mudflaps would widen the base of the car. So I am in for a set of four that will fit on the Sport model!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
I got a question..ARE WE DOING ANY GOOD TOWARDS MAKING THESE GET PRODUCED? im willing to riot in Honda for getting these made..

Old 04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Old 04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aliencowboy
Sorry, dude! The ebay auction post you listed is for the standard "non-Sport" mud guards.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 PM
my fit just happen to come with them. they work OK, i still find alot of dirt and water on the side of the car within a week. im sure glad i made the guy forget that they were trying to charge $300 for 3 pieces of plastic. oh ya im sorry, they charge by the hour for installation, yup an extra $100 to $200 needs to be added.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jonas104
my fit just happen to come with them. they work OK, i still find alot of dirt and water on the side of the car within a week. im sure glad i made the guy forget that they were trying to charge $300 for 3 pieces of plastic. oh ya im sorry, they charge by the hour for installation, yup an extra $100 to $200 needs to be added.
If your Fit came with mud flaps, I guess that we can assume that it is a Base model. This thread was based on the fact that Honda is not making flaps for the Sport model. On the other hand, letting us know how effective the base flaps are is good info, nobody should expect anything more if Honda does ever offer them.

Eric

PS. I doubt that this thread has any influence on whether these get made or not.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
yea...its just the fact that under this section says "got something to say to Honda?"... i just believed it

Old 06-18-2007, 05:27 PM
i think that it would look nice and be very useful
b/c when i run through corners with water i get dirt water splashed all over my doors, and the back of my side view mirrors i hate it

Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
that is a great example..but instead of water can you say road dirt/stones?
damn you Honda designers, cmon!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed that when I'm driving through rain, tons of it ends up on my rear glass, so I'm running the rear wipers all the time. Wish there were rear intermittent wipers lol

Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed that when I'm driving through rain, tons of it ends up on my rear glass, so I'm running the rear wipers all the time. Wish there were rear intermittent wipers lol
Mud flaps have no effect on how much rain or dirt collects on the rear window.

The only optional thing that makes a difference is the wing, standard on the Sport. It makes the situation worse. The base Fit should have airflow that drops down quicker and reduces the suction at the back of the car.

Eric

Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
gotcha.. =)

Quick Reply: Sport Fit mudflaps