General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

availability of a FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM
availability of a FIT

Has anyone ever questioned why Honda still has a shortage of Fits when Toyota and Nissan seen to have lots of their new sub compacts out. I see adds every weekend for Yaris, 0% finance, 17 in stock! While Fits are still as scarce as the limited edition Toyota MR2 Spyder a few years ago. But at least I could buy one of those.

How long has the Fit been available here in the states 6-10 months but i probable see one maby two a month on the road. I drive by a dealer and see none in front. What the #$%&$#.

Are they serious about selling this car, how could they offer a car for sale to the masses and have no stock for the masses to purchase.

Anyway, i have mine, but i just wonder whats going on, is there something we don't know about this car that is radically changing soon and they aren't telling us.

just asking.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
They do not have enough plant capacity to keep up with demand of US Fits and Civics.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by petro
is there something we don't know about this car that is radically changing soon and they aren't telling us.
The Fit has been out for ages in Asia and has just recently hit our shore. And it's been rumored that there will be a new bodystyle scheduled for launch in the upcoming year or so. No one really knows how radical it will be but you will for sure see the changes.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Anyway, i have mine
Leave the bitching to the guys who are still looking for one

Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Man...try finding a Fit sport in manual in Jersey...next to impposible.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Toyota and Nissan have lots of their subcompacts on the lot because people actually want to buy the Fit. Being the class leader has it's perks, you know. For people looking for one, though, it can be a tough road, although it depends on where you are. My local dealer gets one or two a month, but they never last more than a week or two.

And contrary to what most people are thinking, I don't think you're going to see a complete redesigned Fit after only one year. Maybe not for another 1-2 years at least. Case in point, the Scion xB came over here in the last 2 yrs of its run in Japan and just ended here 12/06, even though its JDM replacement has been out for about 2 yrs now.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Can't beat the buzz it generates. And the customer satisfaction. If something is scarce, you feel lucky just to have one.

The risk may be that people will think less of other Hondas because they're so available. The Civic's cred could take a major hit. Unless it's an Si 4-door, which also seems impossible to find.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by mkaresh
Can't beat the buzz it generates. And the customer satisfaction. If something is scarce, you feel lucky just to have one.

The risk may be that people will think less of other Hondas because they're so available. The Civic's cred could take a major hit. Unless it's an Si 4-door, which also seems impossible to find.
I'm located in Northern Jersey, there is plenty of 4Dr Si's.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Many it's just been too long since I went by a dealer. I've been wanting to drive a 4-door Si. I've never actually seen one at a dealer, and have seen only one on the road.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkaresh

there was black Si 4-door in schaumburg honda this saturday (northwest chicago suburb).

as far as Fit availability i got mine on january 2. went there saturday to get the plates and met our salesman. the guy says that in these 4 weeks they recieved and sold wooping 2 Fits. and that for dealership that claim to be #1 in illinois and #2 in entire midwest. he says they get bunch of call from as far as WI regularly and don't even have a car for demo... from one side i dont see why would he lie on this one - i already got mine, but maybe he just tries to establish even more hype ... whatev.

i'm sure happy i got my though i would really really prefer manual. so far thats the only thing that spoils the Fit experience for me although the wife is extremely happy about it being an AT. (guess she got traumatized from trying to learn MT on my 91 5.0 mustang with monstrous dual plate clutch. god i'm glad that this ford POS is out of my life already. WTF was i thinking???)

Last edited by Tankist; 01-30-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone ever questioned why Honda still has a shortage of Fits when Toyota and Nissan seen to have lots of their new sub compacts out. I see adds every weekend for Yaris, 0% finance, 17 in stock!
First off Honda was selling Civics hand over fist and decided to run with that because it was hot. I really like the Fit, but I have to agree with their reasoning. When you've got a hot product you do what you can to get it out there. Second, the demand for the Yaris and Versa seem to be much lower than the Fit. The Fit is just a great combination and people seem to have noticed.

Give it some time; it will equalize.

While Fits are still as scarce as the limited edition Toyota MR2 Spyder a few years ago. But at least I could buy one of those.
People actually wanted those things? I might have liked the last MR2 if it had a 2ZZ and a decent manual transmission, but a "limited edition" badge job doesn't really sound that great.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
My white sport manual is actually being built as I write this! I have been waiting since June 5 (when I put my $500 down). My dealer told me that the markup is soooo low (only $200 per vehicle) that other cars produce more profit and hence Honda builds other cars first. Anyway, I should have mine in February! Only 8 months of waiting.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by blukazam
My white sport manual is actually being built as I write this! I have been waiting since June 5 (when I put my $500 down). My dealer told me that the markup is soooo low (only $200 per vehicle) that other cars produce more profit and hence Honda builds other cars first. Anyway, I should have mine in February! Only 8 months of waiting.
8 Months!!! thats crazy...

Old 02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
The 1zz was fine for what the car could do. With the 2zz you would be going through tires fast. I think it is too much power for that car. Even tought a lot of spyder owners did convert (I had a 2002 mr2). People converted for different reasons, because of the pre catalitic converter failing and wrecking the engine and of course more power. There is a chat room devoted just to spyder owners as Iwaasd one of them until grandkids came alone and made me get a car with more room, and fun to drive...

Old 02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, as much as I hate to say it. It doent look like I will be getting a Fit. Was estimated around august -september for a manual base tw fit. No way imma sit n wat for 7+months for this car. Yes I do like the car and realy want it, but with my car totaled, t is just wont do. I need a car asap. Due to my situation, I'm already losing hours at work. I cant afford to wait that long. Sorry Honda. You just lost another one.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, now I really am stupefied. Friday, while I was 2 hours away from my home at work, I got a call from my salesman telling me my white manual sport fit was in! Honda or their dealers are sure liars. No way could he have told me a couple of weeks ago that he was finally able to send the order to Japan and now it is sitting at the dealers waiting for me after a trip across the ocean. Something is fishy in Denmark.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 PM
they may have put your order in and found out that there was an identical one on its way into your area for another dealership. Sometimes they will swap cars if they have a buyer.

On a side note, I'm in Vancouver (a port city, with a 20% asian population) so there are tons of them here, I got mine because someone had ordered it and then cancelled, same with my brother...he got a red DX and I got a blue LX

Old 02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by startroops
The Fit has been out for ages in Asia and has just recently hit our shore. And it's been rumored that there will be a new bodystyle scheduled for launch in the upcoming year or so. No one really knows how radical it will be but you will for sure see the changes.
I've heard that too, but I've also heard that due to the late release of the Fit in North America that they are going to stick with the body style for another 2 years....no idea which one is true

Old 02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, Guess what? I did my loan homework and drove into my dealers to pick up my white manual sport Fit and there it was ---- but with the beige interior (ugh!) I had specified the black. So, 8 months and counting and this time I'm ordering a Mini Cooper. Enough!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
available

If anyone is interested I have been driving by Carmicahel Honda in Citrus Heights (outside of Sacramento) and they have at least one white fit sitting out front for the last week. Don't know anymore about it except they were the dealer I refused to work with because they wanted a $500 mark up on the vehicle. I eventually got mine at MSRP at Mel Rapton Honda.

Quick Reply: availability of a FIT