General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Week with Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Week with Fit

So, today it would be week as we got our fit. we put a bit over 500 miles on it already (as the car tempoaryly became the flagship of our little household car fleet) and loved every mile! it is everything i hoped it would be. now that i got used to pedal feel and AT shit logic (sooo wanted a MT, but we all aware of the availability) it became even more fun to drive as i feel more in control. maybe my driving habit changed but now i feel that powervise the car is totally acceptable for my kind of driving (my biggest consern coming from significantly more powerfull car).
i knew i will like this car but coudn't imagine i will like it that much.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Glad you like it! I agree, the fit doesnt have very much power, but Ive never found myself in a situation where the engine wasnt able to perform. Merging on the highway is easy, and carrying passangers is not a big deal.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mexellent
Glad you like it! I agree, the fit doesnt have very much power, but Ive never found myself in a situation where the engine wasnt able to perform. Merging on the highway is easy, and carrying passangers is not a big deal.
you all might find it strange but i actually like how the car handles with 3 passangers more then with just me driving it. didn't noticed significant drop in preformance with passangers either.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tankist
you all might find it strange but i actually like how the car handles with 3 passangers more then with just me driving it. didn't noticed significant drop in preformance with passangers either.
3 people might be enough to offer some ballast so you feel the handling is good. That's possible. I've driven with 5 people and it was OK.

Just don't load up with 500+ pounds of concrete blocks then go driving long distance. You might wear out your shocks a bit early.

Overall for commuting and daily driving you are doing just fine. The automatic works ok and at least you are not waiting and waiting for the manual (too much demand too little supply).

It isn't that easy to master the paddle shifters so you can play around with it but I often found myself not wanting to hassle with it for urban driving.

I did find the Fit Sport stereo to be pretty good. MP3 players plug in to the aux port OK.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
3 people might be enough to offer some ballast so you feel the handling is good. That's possible. I've driven with 5 people and it was OK.

Just don't load up with 500+ pounds of concrete blocks then go driving long distance. You might wear out your shocks a bit early.
Not to be sarcastic - but what weighs more - 3 passengers or 500 pounds of concrete? Is that along the same lines as what weighs more - a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slowuphill
Not to be sarcastic - but what weighs more - 3 passengers or 500 pounds of concrete? Is that along the same lines as what weighs more - a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?
Oops. I meant 3 passengers AND load up with concrete blocks.

Ok, so my grown kids are skinny and three of them don't really add up to a bit more than 300 pounds so my sense of passenger size is warped.

I once loaded up my Honda civic sedan with decorative paving stones and my suspension was not happy and the car didn't drive so well. Wasn't really that bad maybe 600 pounds of stones and me but it was back in 1982.

1 pound is about 4000 feathers
http://www.ostrichesonline.com/pictu...bleach-big.jpg

One pound gold-
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Outbac...s/lgnugget.jpg

I wonder how big is that bag of feathers. 4 pillows big?

Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Check Manufactor date

Originally Posted by Tankist
So, today it would be week as we got our fit. we put a bit over 500 miles on it already (as the car tempoaryly became the flagship of our little household car fleet) and loved every mile! it is everything i hoped it would be. now that i got used to pedal feel and AT shit logic (sooo wanted a MT, but we all aware of the availability) it became even more fun to drive as i feel more in control. maybe my driving habit changed but now i feel that powervise the car is totally acceptable for my kind of driving (my biggest consern coming from significantly more powerfull car).
i knew i will like this car but coudn't imagine i will like it that much.
Look inside your driver side door for the manufacturer date, If it is before November 2006 you are driving an unsafe vehicle!

IIHS News Release

Call your dealer, call American Honda at 800-999-1099; call Honda PR 310-783-3163

Your life may be at stake if you are in an accident and their airbags fail you like they did the crash test dummies!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rodstickman
Look inside your driver side door for the manufacturer date, If it is before November 2006 you are driving an unsafe vehicle!

IIHS News Release

Call your dealer, call American Honda at 800-999-1099; call Honda PR 310-783-3163

Your life may be at stake if you are in an accident and their airbags fail you like they did the crash test dummies!
read this article and your other threads already. thanks for the info. will do.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
my friend is 6'4" and complains all the time about the passenger legroom, other then that, everyone else likes to ride in my fit

Old 01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
did the vrtical viper mod yesterday . now it looks like it is broke. i like it !

Originally Posted by Halcyon
my friend is 6'4" and complains all the time about the passenger legroom, other then that, everyone else likes to ride in my fit
well, you can either seat him up from on the shotgun seat, move the seat back and put someone not as tall behind him