General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Turbo Jazz Completed in Australia

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Turbo Jazz Completed in Australia

Hi guys... i finish my turbo conversion

using S13 Turbocharger (from TOPFUEL and HKS)
it run at 8psi with max of 11psi
max power dyno (wheels) 137.5kw @8psi
Max Torque 203NM @ 3200 RPM

here the picture.. sorry about the quality i try 2 upload better picture 2moro

------------------------

new pic

Old 12-01-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
aweome...what does that translate into hp/torque?

Old 12-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Adrenergic1
aweome...what does that translate into hp/torque?
137.5kw @ 8 psi = 184.39 HP @ 8 psi

but remember the turbo running at 11psi i found out today that on max boost (11psi) is running at 151.5 kw @ 11psi = 203.16 @ 11psi

Torque 203 NM = 149.71 lbs/ft

Old 12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Master FitFreaker
looking good man

Old 12-02-2006, 02:49 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
out of hand #s for that motor...is yours a 5spd

Old 12-02-2006, 03:34 AM
no 7 speed auto. (japanese model) not US model

Old 12-02-2006, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
internal mods

Great set up....

have you changed any engine internal parts like con rods and pistons, if not how much boost do you reckon stock internals can safely handle ???

-Thanks,

Old 12-02-2006, 05:46 AM
honda jazz Japanese/Aus version the piston is using Powdered Molydeum piston (twice better than Piston from Integra type R (DC5))

according to TOPFUEL n HKS n HONDA(ITSELF), honda jazz/fit STOCK (AUS/JAP version) are able to boost max around 13 psi.. with no problem.. the only problem is may be ur fuel? so u need to change injector or get better fuel pressure regulator...

Japanese/Aus Fit/Jazz has way better suspension system than Ralliart Colt.. but heavier lil bit (1010kg)

so on 11 psi (when i run stock boost) i can do high speed cornering and stuff.. but u need to strenghten the chasis.. and stuff...

Old 12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
almost a 2x's increase of hp on stock bottom? not bad, not too bad at all! that thing must feel real nice!

Old 12-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Hmm...I wonder how you'd tune the US model, since the DBW puts a bit of a damper on things....

Very nice numbers, btw

Old 12-02-2006, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
thanks

thanks for the reply, Do you have any ideas on the thailand made fits/jazz pistons(1.3 L13 models)?can they handle the same boost?I Am thinking on a low -mid charge turbo upgrade....

Old 12-02-2006, 10:22 PM
well.. 1.3L is an i-sdi engine.. according to topfuel and HKS i-sdi is no point to be put a turbo charge u might try supercharger.. but u need to spend money for internal upgrade (piston and stuff)

its because i-sdi is design for fuel economy not performance.. and it have 2 spark plug on i-sdi engine is mean when u turbo charge it.. A/F ratio will be very2 Lean therefore Lean Mixture can damage ur engine or blow sumting.. so u should consider it again...

in my recommendation is better to supercharge ur i-sdi engine (1.3L)

and about the thai built jazz/fit.. i've no idea.. lol... Most of the jazz after MID 2005 in the world is made in thai (i dont know about the USA version)..

if the US fit/jazz have the thai model.. i just wanna say good luck.. the japanese Jazz/FIT always come with 7-speed auto.. <-- they make manual only by request for old people and stuff.. most jazz/fit in japan is 7 speed auto... THATS why HKS and TOPFUEL only make turbo charger for AUTO Jazz.. and thats why it can boost until 11psi.. and they Change the Belt<-- auto belt from Steel belt to Chainbelt and the CVT they use is Planetary system CVT.. which is can hold around 245NM of torque (MAX)

Old 12-03-2006, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
u seem to know alot about turbos.
sorry for the really stupid question?? hehe
ok here it goes... i just wanna know wat makes dat sound in those modified cars that goes rehhhhhhhhhhtetetetetetetet!!! i heard it on Tokyo Drift, dat sounds awesome!!!
does it come from supercharger or the turbocharger?
can an A/T sound like dat?

Old 12-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
ok here it goes... i just wanna know wat makes dat sound in those modified cars that goes rehhhhhhhhhhtetetetetetetet!!! i heard it on Tokyo Drift, dat sounds awesome!!!
I believe you're referring to the blow-off valve.

Turbochargers have that "pressure release" sound, superchargers typically have a pitched whine when revved.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
whoopi!!! hell yah!!
thanks Jbrisson
so a supercharger can sound like dat too? wat do u think of the JacksonRacing S/C do think it can make dat sound if a blow off valve was installed?

Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't believe so. The blow-off valve works on a turbo, because the exhaust gasses blow by one turbine, which in turn spins another. So the exhaust blowing out of the engine, in turn compresses the inlet air.

When you down-shift, the back-pressure between the intake manifold and the turbo, causes resistance, and the turbo slows down.

The brilliant little blow-off valve opens at a pre-determined pressure (say, near max RPM) and lets the boosted air simply escape. But the turbo is still spinning very fast. So when you slam the shifter into the next gear and hit the gas again, the turbo is already up to speed.

A supercharger is physically attached to the engine, so it cannot remain spinning quickly when the engine slows down. So a blow-off valve would be pointless.

Now, even with a supercharger, there are some circumstances when the engine is spinning quickly, and the intake is not drawing much air. Like when engine braking on a downshift. You could simply 'blow-off' this air, but since the Supercharger is a drag on the engine, the by-pass valve opens and dumps the unused charge back into the supercharger's inlet. Since the inlet pressure and the outles pressure are similar, this reduces the drag the supercharger places on the engine. This is preferable to a blow-off or dump valve.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
I think what you are hearing is the engine bouncing on the rev limiter. When your car drifts, the tires generally lose traction and your wheels spin faster than you are actually moving, causing the drift. When this happens, there is less load and the engine. To keep the drift going, you need to keep your wheels loose from the ground. Easiest way to do this once the wheels are loose is to play with your throttle on a RWD car...not sure if the same applies with a FWD car, never tried. But yeah, basically these cars are throttling at the rev limiter which causes it to kick and and reduce the throttle to prevent the engine from blowing if I remember correctly. It reduces the throttle for a split second, and when the guy has his throttle pinned down, the revs will accumulate again after the limiter has kicked in and then the process repeats itself giving you that type of sound. If you have a MT car and it has a rev limiter, you can recreate that sound in neutral if you want to rev past redline to the rev limiter. Or if you have a lot of snow in your area, find a slick sidestreet and just pin your car, your wheels will start to spin and if you look at your gauges, youll see your RPMs rise quite fast once the tires lose traction as well as your speedometer since it is dependent on your wheel rotation speed etc. Your speedometer should climb quite fast when you do this, but in actuality, you are going mb 40-50km/h when it is reading at like 80km/h.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive
I think what you are hearing is the engine bouncing on the rev limiter. When your car drifts, the tires generally lose traction and your wheels spin faster than you are actually moving, causing the drift. When this happens, there is less load and the engine. To keep the drift going, you need to keep your wheels loose from the ground. Easiest way to do this once the wheels are loose is to play with your throttle on a RWD car...not sure if the same applies with a FWD car, never tried. But yeah, basically these cars are throttling at the rev limiter which causes it to kick and and reduce the throttle to prevent the engine from blowing if I remember correctly. It reduces the throttle for a split second, and when the guy has his throttle pinned down, the revs will accumulate again after the limiter has kicked in and then the process repeats itself giving you that type of sound. If you have a MT car and it has a rev limiter, you can recreate that sound in neutral if you want to rev past redline to the rev limiter. Or if you have a lot of snow in your area, find a slick sidestreet and just pin your car, your wheels will start to spin and if you look at your gauges, youll see your RPMs rise quite fast once the tires lose traction as well as your speedometer since it is dependent on your wheel rotation speed etc. Your speedometer should climb quite fast when you do this, but in actuality, you are going mb 40-50km/h when it is reading at like 80km/h.
I didn't even think about the rev limiter. I need to go back and watch the movie again.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
i think u maybe right Illusive, cos i got an A/T idsi 1.3 and when i rev the engine on Park mode and car not mobile, the rpm bounces on 5000rpm and sounds like wat im lookin for but it wasnt very rapid it sounded more like rehhhhhhhtat..tat..tat..tat..tat, but when im moving and i shift to 'N' it doesnt bounce, probably cos i dnt have a rev limiter?
i dont pls enlightened me

Old 12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
it'a petty easy to bounce off the rev limiter, even in the sport AT Fit, from personal experience, haha

Quick Reply: Turbo Jazz Completed in Australia