Remote (auto) Starter for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
how do i get ride of the stock alarm to instail my new viper 2009 key less remote starter and alarm i just want to use the new keypad with out having the stock re mote

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by viperjh16
how do i get ride of the stock alarm to instail my new viper 2009 key less remote starter and alarm i just want to use the new keypad with out having the stock re mote
You'll never actually get rid of the factory alarm. If the installation of your new remote start/alarm is done properly then you will just use the new keypad that came with your alarm. You just want to make sure that the factory arm/disarm wire is connected from your aftermarket alarm

Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
So, okay.. the 2009 Fit (Base) doesn't come with the security system (although it is listed as a potential option... but that's just the security system with remote entry... only the 2009 Fit Sport lists the remote starter as a potential option.) Is there any legitimate (technical) reason why the Base model couldn't also have the same remote starter installed? Apart from their desire for you to buy a more expensive model, that is...

Also, since this whole remote starter/security system thing seems to be tied together.. the remote entry/security system is listed as a $314 option for the Base Fit... is that comparable in quality to third party systems? I'd just like to go for something fairly simple, easy, and designed to best fit this automobile when I get it.

thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I just put my security system/remote start in my 08 Base Fit. I installed a a Viper 5701V. It's around $400 dollars installed. I got it for much cheaper and installed it myself.

This system is MUCH better than anything that the dealers would offer. Even if it is a Honda specific remote start system with security, this Viper can do a million more things that just remote start and security. One of the main reasons I went with this model is because it is 2-way. That means when my alarm is triggered and going off and bugging everyone in the world, it'll page my remote, and I can stop it. It also has a range of over 2,000 feet.

In the future (next week, actually) I'll be installing the window modules that will roll up the windows when the alarm is armed, let me roll them down from the remote, and vent the windows when the interior temperature gets to a set degree. I can also turn on my AC, rear defroster, and sound system.

So yes, if the dealer's offer is $314, go spend a little bit more and have something like a Viper 5701V installed. Just make sure the guy that is going to do it KNOWS what he is doing. It is very easy to mess things up, and an alarm installed incorrectly is one of the biggest pains in the ass.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
It really depends on the installer or how good you install it. you can have the best alarm out there but the crappiest installer...

Old 09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
can anybody verify if audiovox is a good brand? i just got in touch with a shop and they sent me an email saying, "The remote starter brands I carry is the Viper systems by Directed Electronics and Audiovox. The model number is an APS687S"

I looked up the model number and it is a audiovox not a viper. his flat rate is $389 to install. Is that a good price? thanks for any help you can give.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by aallbbeerrtttttt
well if you want to do it, you're going to need to remove the immobilizer that is within the ecu and the key of the fit, otherwise, it wont work
'Remove the Immobilizer'???????? Never remove this. Reputable companies that sell remote starters also sell Immobilzer BYPASS modules. I just installed one in my wifes car and it worked like a charm.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Don't have it done at the dealer.
I could not agree with you more. Anything I've seen come from a dealer has been installed with T-taps or worse.

Originally Posted by radareclipse
Going to Best buy or Circuit city is almost a crime. There is no telling who is doing it, how experienced they are, HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE JOB, etc.
Going to an independent shop is <i>almost</i> a crime. Well, maybe not that bad, but you have absolutely no idea how much TERRIBLE work I have seen from other shops. Some do great work, but they're gonna be the ones who charge appropriately for it. How about that warranty? Can you find over a thousand of those shops elsewhere around the country? Have you ever even asked if one of them has a warranty? BBY has a lifetime warranty on everything they do. Coupled with DEI's lifetime warranty on their product, you can't go wrong.

Do talk to the installer first. Ask how long he/she's been on the job. Find out if they're MECP certified.

As for bypass kits, I would go with either a PKALL or a CANMAX400. Either one will do the same thing, but the CANMAX will do data door locks also. The 556u or similar are a waste of money - you're paying for the bypass, and then you're throwing away a key.

Taking your chip out of the key and securing it to the immobilizer ring is retarded. I mean, unless you're trying to gain the ability to start your car with a screwdriver.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 PM
WAVE: 6 inches snow!! That is why I no longer live in Boston, MA!This would also be a great thing if any of you were in witness protection?? BTW I live in GA. As I get older I move further south...

Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
I have Honda remote engine starter OEM install in my car. I installed it myself but I had to take my car to a dealer to reprogram it ($65).

Old 07-12-2010, 06:05 AM
i have installed a crime stopper alarm with remote start and auto rolling up windows.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by InaFIT
'Remove the Immobilizer'???????? Never remove this. Reputable companies that sell remote starters also sell Immobilzer BYPASS modules. I just installed one in my wifes car and it worked like a charm.
Does installing the bypass modules disable the immobilizer?

Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
I used to have a pageguard pg8000 ( i think ) and it comes really handy when I need to warm up my car before driving it off.