Remote (auto) Starter for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
so I will be able to find the DEI immobilizer bypass module?

Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Old 01-25-2007, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
i also recommend the xk05 from bypasskits or peripheral. i use these all the time and they work great. just make sure its flash to the correct firmware.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:43 AM
a remote starter for me is a must....i read that Alberta drivers own more remote car starters then any other region in North America....and if you've ever expereinced an Alberta winter, you'd know why

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I love Compustar!

Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
I got my Viper 5900 last Wed. It works awsome. I have extra key for the remote start, so I didn't get bypass. $500 installed

Old 03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by sy11580
I got my Viper 5900 last Wed. It works awsome. I have extra key for the remote start, so I didn't get bypass. $500 installed

$500 ?? wow...

Old 04-15-2007, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I can't believe so many of you seem to not know anything about remote starts.

Don't have it done at the dealer. They will either give you less of a product for more money, or a fairly decent product for more money than if you had gone to an authorized car audio retailer who does alarms and remote starts.

Going to Best buy or Circuit city is almost a crime. There is no telling who is doing it, how experienced they are, HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE JOB, etc.

There are many car audio retailers who are experts at this. Open the phone book and look for Automotive Radio section to get started.

As for brands, there are many good ones. As mentioned before, Compustar, Audiovox/Prestige, Directed Electronics brands (Clifford, Viper, Python, Valet), Autostart and Astrostart are Canadian brands.

Please don't do a cheezy DIY. Those are for people that are totally broke, wouldn't be found on a car forum, and could really care less about their car.

There are many options from alarm only, to remote start/keyless entry only, to combo units that are an alarm AND remote start all in one. Prices can range from $189 to $500 plus.

A bypass module will be needed when there is a chip in the key, whether it's from Bypasskit.com, or Peripheral, Omega, Compustar, Directed, etc.

I hope this generalizes the category so more will understand this option.
Do your research.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Compustar.com by Firstech LLC.

Autostart (These guys are now owned by Directed)

Remote car starter, engine starter AstroStart, Astroflex. Command auto start (now owned by Directed)

Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start

Welcome to Audiovox

Keep in mind, the fancier the remote, the chance it will fail down the line.
They don't like to be dropped. Therefore get extras.

If you have a MANUAL TRANSMISSION, there are MT specific models available.

Last edited by radareclipse; 04-15-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
DEI 556 is the one I have. Works just fine with my Viper 791VX Alarm..

Old 04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Banned
radareclipse-

Even though I have no personal interest in a remote starter (spoiled as I am by our usual California weather),THANKS A LOT for sharing your own expertise with this forum. I appreciate personal opinions, but appreciate true, expert advice even more.

Dave

Last edited by manxman; 04-20-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks manxman. You could enjoy a very nice air conditioned interior waiting for you on those special hot days in the summer........
HA! That's what I use mine for in the summer. I tried to be unbiased in my info listed as I have an interest in a company, but could care less about shameless plugging if you know what I mean.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
It gets very hot back here, so this why I want to buy remote to swtich on the AC, to cool the car. , so which the cheapest alarm with remote start.

Originally Posted by radareclipse
Thanks manxman. You could enjoy a very nice air conditioned interior waiting for you on those special hot days in the summer........
HA! That's what I use mine for in the summer. I tried to be unbiased in my info listed as I have an interest in a company, but could care less about shameless plugging if you know what I mean.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
The cheapest is up to you to go out and shop.

Recently, one of the cheapest brands (Shelby/Alert) went out of business. That's because they were cheap in pricing. You don't want to look for the cheapest. Perhaps a less expensive unit with a good brand name so you'll know they will be around in case you have to use their warranty.

A more expensive model will/should give you more range so if your at the doorstep of the mall, and your car is four football fields away or more, you can start your car.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Cool

Whats up everyone.. Im a car audio manager at circuit city in az.. DEI/PYTHON makes the best alarms by far.. i have installed probably 10 different brands of alarms and they have the least amount of problems. i currently bought my fit 4 weeks ago.. i put the python 990 (w remote start)(also has a ONE mile range) in about two weeks ago.. i used the dei 556hw bypass module. they one benefit to that is you pull the chip out of your key and it stays in the car.. ultimate in reliabilty for making sure the car is going to start.. i still use the same key that i pulled the chip out of.. some other modules are programmed with the two different keys.. personally i do not like them, we have had issues with some of them loosing the program.. the overall install in the fit was really easy.. during the install i went ahead and put in 2 window modules.. (works good for us desert people) and as far as finding someone to install the alarm for you honestly take it to any shop you trust.. this is a pretty straight forward install.. if you guys want to try to do it yourself let me know and ill post a page that will have wire colors for what you will need.. i.e. starter wire. door pins. lock unlock.. constant.. switched.. ect.. hopefully this helps

Old 04-28-2007, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
I am sure because you work in CC you got nice discount . You are talking about unit that cost $550, that's alot for just alarm, and remote start.

Originally Posted by typerfit
Whats up everyone.. Im a car audio manager at circuit city in az.. DEI/PYTHON makes the best alarms by far.. i have installed probably 10 different brands of alarms and they have the least amount of problems. i currently bought my fit 4 weeks ago.. i put the python 990 (w remote start)(also has a ONE mile range) in about two weeks ago.. i used the dei 556hw bypass module. they one benefit to that is you pull the chip out of your key and it stays in the car.. ultimate in reliabilty for making sure the car is going to start.. i still use the same key that i pulled the chip out of.. some other modules are programmed with the two different keys.. personally i do not like them, we have had issues with some of them loosing the program.. the overall install in the fit was really easy.. during the install i went ahead and put in 2 window modules.. (works good for us desert people) and as far as finding someone to install the alarm for you honestly take it to any shop you trust.. this is a pretty straight forward install.. if you guys want to try to do it yourself let me know and ill post a page that will have wire colors for what you will need.. i.e. starter wire. door pins. lock unlock.. constant.. switched.. ect.. hopefully this helps

Old 04-28-2007, 05:58 AM
i do.. im not saying i dont.. i went for the brand as well as the range of it.. and i posted misinformation.. i used a 555u.. there r alot of remote start alarms that are alot cheaper and just as good a guality.. yes i got one of the best from dei.. but it is sure as hell is better then paying the outragious amount from the dealer..

Old 04-28-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
How much is the 555. which other alarms that are good and cheap.

Originally Posted by typerfit
i do.. im not saying i dont.. i went for the brand as well as the range of it.. and i posted misinformation.. i used a 555u.. there r alot of remote start alarms that are alot cheaper and just as good a guality.. yes i got one of the best from dei.. but it is sure as hell is better then paying the outragious amount from the dealer..

Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
you know pulling the chip OUT of your key and putting it in the car is defeating the purpose of it right? also using a 555u maens you lose a key . why do that when there are modules that u dont?

Last edited by spider2k; 04-28-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
the 555u runs about 60$ u could use the 871xp.. that runs about 420 installed with module..

and pullng the chip out u do not lose a key.. that key will still work to start the vehicle normally.. i did it that way cuz it is fail safe.. never have to worry about the module losing memory of the chips.. u are right they do make a module u could program.. the 556hw. honda specific..

Quick Reply: Remote (auto) Starter for the Fit?