VIDEO INCULDED 07 Honda Fit engine malfunctioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
VIDEO INCULDED 07 Honda Fit engine malfunctioning

My 2007 Honda Fit has had vibrations and episodes of stalling while driving since 37000km till present.. my fit is a automatic sports model. It seems that the jerking episodes occur when the car is shifting gears (eg. at speeds of 0-20, 40, 60, 80, 100, the car seems to be unable to decide which gear to shift to). I happens at random, car can be cool, warmed, does not seem to be affected by a certain environmental aspect, etc. Honda services had thought it was the air filter, but the problem is still and seems to be even worse. The problem seemed to occur when the RPM is lower (1500-2500 rpm) and the car is mildly jerking, a trial of boosting the RPM to 4000 seems to have helped, but recently, the car started to jerk even more violently as seen in the video. Anyone know what it is?
YouTube - Honda Fit engine malfunctioning

Old 06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Did you take it to the dealer?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking something with the tranny or ECU? Take it to the dealership again.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 PM
yes, for 6 times.
they told me this morning they are really sure what they are looking for this time becoz the engine light would left them a trace for the problems.
but later this afternoon i went to pick up my car, they told me the computer show them sth they couldn't even understand , so they still have no idea wht is going on -_-"

btw, the shuttle van who gives me a rid home was rear ended by another honda accord... so I have to walk 10km to home

Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM
A dealer who can't read a CEL? Time to find a new mechanic. Either that, or have the CEL read by any autoparts store, and look it up yourself.

In a related matter, OBD is a great diagnostic tool and all . . . but there's something to be said for technicians who are experienced enough to troubleshoot and fix problems without needing a computer to tell them what sensor is tweaking out.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
if you've been to the dealership that many times and they still don't know what's wrong with the car (even with the check engine light) then it might be time to let honda know what's been happening. maybe the fit you got is a lemon?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Daemione
A dealer who can't read a CEL? Time to find a new mechanic. Either that, or have the CEL read by any autoparts store, and look it up yourself.

In a related matter, OBD is a great diagnostic tool and all . . . but there's something to be said for technicians who are experienced enough to troubleshoot and fix problems without needing a computer to tell them what sensor is tweaking out.
yea... the situation is devastating. they told me the computer show a code sth DD sth, and they are trying to find out what happen, no body in the mechanic shop have seen such code b4. and you know wht? they still want to charge me for the engine light scan and diagnose fee for $150! without diagnose anything...
the other problem is, my Fit runs fine when everytime i bought it in to the dealership, althought there was some hiccup but the mechanic either say they can't feel it or they claim it's cause by sth else such as air filter or sparkplug. untill i show them the video yesterday, they all thought i'm just another annoying customer just coming in for their coffee!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
if you've been to the dealership that many times and they still don't know what's wrong with the car (even with the check engine light) then it might be time to let honda know what's been happening. maybe the fit you got is a lemon?
indeed, I'm calling them today, thx for your advice!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
I work at a canadian tire and i took my fit into the shop so they scanned mine when i had an issue with the 02 sensor (unrelated to your issue) and then took it to my dealer to save time.