What are you going to do with your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Mav, I respect your decision. This rant is meant for the rest of members though. Mods are either for "go", or for "show". I consider myself a "go" person. Most of the so-called "mods" you and other are planning do little to nothing for the "go" factor. Thus, should be labelled appropriately as "rice mods". There is nothing more stupid than making a slow car look and sound fast.

So, throw all the intake, header, exhaust, HID, LED, CF Hood, 17"+ rims, LSD, clutch, flywheel, coilover, lip, bumper, grille, wing, shift knob, subs, tint, 4-piston calipers, rear discs, throw them all in. It'll still be a slow car.

The stickers, however, are another thing. You may actually gain 10HP or so just from all the stickers.

the_saint, last time I checked, this was a free world. If you don't like what I'm saying, tune out. The more people on the road with such ridiculous antics, the worse the image will be of ALL Fit drivers. I can hardly wait for the "My Fit can beat your V6 Rustang" wars.

Here is some free advice: If you want your Fit to go fast, take a fraction of the money you are willing to spend on mods, and join your local SCCA club for some Autocross or Track schooling. Being fast is 80% driver, 15% car, 5% crazy mojo. And remember, racing on the street is just like kissing your sister. It just doesn't make sense

Keep in mind that this car will win lotsa trophies in H-stock, with just good tyres, and a good driver. Anything else you do to the car will bump you into STS or worse, where the Fit is no longer competitive without Turbo/SC, LSD, etc. As you can tell, I have no respect for posers.

Stepping off soap-box, I promise not to

Old 02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon w/ SW388

dougiepants mentioned a Fit with a set of SW388s and blue lug nuts. I was fooling around in my GIMP garage and ended up with this:

http://static.flickr.com/22/94590690_f9f9f1e62f.jpg?v=0

I've poor vision, so it's hard for me to color match. Also, it's sporting one of the Mugen body kits (I forgot which one).

Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, VelociRacer, it is a free world. And that being said, people can slap whatever "go-fast" goodies they want on whatever car they want.
If somebody wants to put an intake, header, exhaust, HID, LED, CF Hood, 17"+ rims, LSD, clutch, flywheel, coilover, lip, bumper, grille, wing, shift knob, subs, tint, 4-piston calipers, rear discs on their Fit, let them.
It is a free world after all.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:36 PM
mav
Originally Posted by VelociRacer
Mav, I respect your decision. This rant is meant for the rest of members though. Mods are either for "go", or for "show". I consider myself a "go" person. Most of the so-called "mods" you and other are planning do little to nothing for the "go" factor. Thus, should be labelled appropriately as "rice mods". There is nothing more stupid than making a slow car look and sound fast.

So, throw all the intake, header, exhaust, HID, LED, CF Hood, 17"+ rims, LSD, clutch, flywheel, coilover, lip, bumper, grille, wing, shift knob, subs, tint, 4-piston calipers, rear discs, throw them all in. It'll still be a slow car.

The stickers, however, are another thing. You may actually gain 10HP or so just from all the stickers.
I guess our definition of rice differs.

I do agree on two of your points... Modding a slow car for performance will result in still a slow car, unless you do something drastic like a s/c, turbo or engine swap. Because of the Fit's low price point, by the end of the year, we will see the ghetto fabulous ricing their Fit's up with stickers and NOS bottles. Second, yes if you want to go fast, go to your local autox or track. I've been autoxing my S2000 for almost 3 years now and learned quite a bit, a lot more then living your life a quarter mile at a time.

So why mod?

Some, like me, want to personalize their cars. I've always modded my cars, from my first car, a 1989 Honda Civic DX HB to my current cars. The Fit won't be different. Even though it will be my wife's, I want to personalize it tastefully not for performance but to look better and be different.

PS - Doesn't the Mini Cooper run and dominate H stock? I'm not sure how well the Fit will do against the little mighty Mini but I doubt it will do well.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
as said, rice can be interpreted many ways.

The way I see rice is all the stickers, neons, etc.....basically 2fast2furious is rice with all the ghetto stickers and what not is rice.

However if you do mods to the car discreetly and not showing all stickers etc, I wouldn't consider that rice.

Although sticking on an aluminium spoiler on a jazz looks so so wrong, but if it's like the VTIs or the Mugen kits, then I wouldn't consider them as rice, but maybe stylish.

Here in UK we don't exactly call them rice, we call them boy racers. They will drive a Vauxhall Nova or a Vauxhall Corsa and bung in shit loads of neons, fit on a fart pipe (literally baked bean can), alpine, nos stickers everywhere and put on some racing seat covers.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
At the end of the day, those who's money is burning a hole in their pockets are free to dispense of it as they wish. There, the_saint and others should keep in mind I am not physically stopping you from wasting your money on a grocery getter.

By the same token, I feel I need to speak out to y'all to understand it is NOT cool to run around in a car like that and boast about it online in places like this only to attract more pompous peacocks to come in to fuel their egos. Before you know it, the forum will compose of only 2-word replies. Why should the rest of us have to give this site up to form another one?

mav, as far as H-stock goes, it depends if you compete on a regional- or national-level. The Minis dominate the nationals, but w/ my Civic EX, I was able to dominate
Detroit and NWOR regions’ street tyre for a couple of years before I moved to STS. Race tyre would have been no different for my Civic either, but I don’t have that kind of money.

The Fit has the same amount of torque as my D16Y8 Civic, same weight, lower CG, and the wheel/tire size I WISHED would come stock on my Civic. Slap on some Avon M500, Toyo T1-R, Potenza S-03, Kumho MX, Hankook Z212, or Falken RT615 and oh the loads of fun in THS the Fit would deliver. That is most likely where it will compete.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
All I'm trying to say is that people should be able to do what ever they want to their car (provided it isn't putting anybody in danger) without having somebody tell them how stupid they are for putting a CF hood on a station wagon. Who the hell cares what they do, it's their car. If somebody wants to paint pink flamingos all over their ride, let them.
I do agree that the pompous ass peacocks (one of which I am not) that you speak of are annoying as hell, but they have every bit as much right to be here as you do. If it's a free world, it is free for all.

And for the record, "cool" is subjective.

relax man, it's Friday

Last edited by the_saint; 02-03-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll start my mods with..........

1) Fuzzy Dice
2) Type-R floor mats
3) Tire-Flys (air cap lights)
3) Vanillaroma "Little tree" Air Freshener
4) Neon shift knob
5) 22" chrome Lexani rims (if my parents can help me pay for them!)

Dis ride is gonna be off da hook yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously now.........................

Probably start off with:
1) Tint
2) 16" wheels
3) strut tower bar (front only)

Down the road, I may consider:

1) body kit (Mugen / INGs +1)
2) coil-overs
3) exhaust

Not concerned about speed with the Fit. I am more concerned with fuel economy and function (magic seats) as well as reliability. My mods would be more focused on appearance and handling.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by SilverNChrome
1) Fuzzy Dice
2) Type-R floor mats
3) Tire-Flys (air cap lights)
3) Vanillaroma "Little tree" Air Freshener
4) Neon shift knob
5) 22" chrome Lexani rims (if my parents can help me pay for them!)
Oh no you didn't -
DAT RIDES GONNA BE OFF DA HOOK!

Old 02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
What? No curb feelers???!!

Old 02-04-2006, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
LOL you guys crack me up, dats da spirit yo! Fo shizzle.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Supercharger

I would like to get Mugan's supercharger, if it becomes available to the public. Anybody have any info?

Old 02-05-2006, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
It's spelled Mugen dude. And I can guarantee it will be way overpriced.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:06 AM
I changed my ideas,
now i wold have black Rota's in 16 inch.
Maybe in gunmetal, but i think black looks better on a vivid blue Jazz.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Ah yes!

1. Winter Tire & Steelie Package for Canadian Winter Commuting
2. Oil Undercoating for the chasis
3. Light Charcoal Tint
4. Lowering Springs
5. Theft deterrant w/Remote Starter
6. Amp & 12" sub in the trunk

Old 02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I don't know.
What else?
Sell it maybe...

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Conte...20050927212954

Last edited by b26cw; 02-09-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
University student.. so I'm dead poor. However, when I get money to buy the car, some time later I plan on adding the following:

1.Lowering Springs (Eibach Sport)
2.Tint (35F/25R)
3.17" billet aluminum rims (NO CHROME!!)
4.Yokohama tires
5.Honda Body Kit, side, front and spoiler(straight from dealer)

DONE

Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Yea, standing in a parking lot WATCHING OTHERS knock over cones. You'll learn alot about your car by doing that!

I autocrossed for years, and don't anymore because I get much more seat time driving on the backroads and open track days with a real driving club in one afternoon than I do in a season of Autocross.

As far as kissing your sister, you know you do it when no one is looking!

Originally Posted by VelociRacer
MavSo, throw all the intake, header, exhaust, HID, LED, CF Hood, 17"+ rims, LSD, clutch, flywheel, coilover, lip, bumper, grille, wing, shift knob, subs, tint, 4-piston calipers, rear discs, throw them all in. It'll still be a slow car.

Here is some free advice: If you want your Fit to go fast, take a fraction of the money you are willing to spend on mods, and join your local SCCA club for some Autocross or Track schooling. Being fast is 80% driver, 15% car, 5% crazy mojo. And remember, racing on the street is just like kissing your sister. It just doesn't make sense

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
IMO, autocross is better for really exploring the limits of a car in a situation where you are VERY unlikely to damage it, you, or the surrounding scenery. I try all sorts of things in an autocross situation that would be foolish (at best) on a track and suicidal on the street.

That said, track time does teach you some different skills that are worth knowing: input smoothness, heel-toe shifting, threshhold braking from high speeds.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
i just know i wanna slap on suspension (no clue wut yet) and throw some Work Equips on that bitch. i kinda like the fact it has good gas mileage a k24 swap would be pretty sick.

Quick Reply: What are you going to do with your Fit?