New driver new FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:42 AM
New driver new FIT

hi everybody =]

I am getting my permit next week and i am going to buy a 08 Fit Sport in Red.

Actually i want to lower my car and mod it.

I got a max. budget of $3.5k, to get 16" rims, lower, and make it faster =]

I am a newbie on car, so please school me on modifying the fit.

I really appeciate that if you can provide any website that i can order the part.

Thank you so much.

peace.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
WOW. welcome to the fit community.
well 3.5k MAX budget is a pretty decent budget for modifying your car. im pretty much sure that i would be complete with that budget.

well since you have enough money. go for the real deal.
16" wheels is a great size. i would rock some 16" white regamasters, or some 16" advan rgs in any color if i was you.but if you dont want to spend over a grand on your rims. any of the rotas/konigs will do.

then go with a full coil over set up, k sport if you want to be stiff and tein basics if you want to just cruise and be lowered. you also dont want to forget the aspec strut bars(front and rear)

go with the tir intake, it looks badass. and since your at it and have some money left over get yourself a header back system. t1r header or weapon r header, with a down pipe and i would rock the buddy club race spec catback.( i have it)

dont forget tint. limo all around will look perfect. but if you dont want it to dark, dont get any lighter then 20%.

thats what i would do.
some of the stuff you can buy used for dirt cheap. but some of the stuff you will want to buy brand new.

look around here, check out what other people have.

i think gold or white looks BEST on the red fits. personally speaking.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 AM
wow!!
thanks for you advise!!
actually i really dont understand some of the words around this website....haha
maybe i am still a newbie....still lots to learn.

how about the exhaust system and 4-2-1? (that's what i've seen lol)

thanks!!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 AM
might as well improve you driving skills first. The stock fit is already an pretty good car handling wise, if you want power/speed in the straight, go with either turbo/supercharger/k-swap. For the suspesion, you can lower the car by switching to aftermarket springs(cheapest way to go, mostly for the looks, not much performance added), if you want real improvement in the suspension, get coilovers.

okay here's my steps of modding the fit:
Coilovers->strut/sway bars->tire/rims-intake/exhaust->appearance

anyways that was just "my" way of modding the fit, there are lots of informations on this site that you will find it useful, so i guess the best way to start is by understanding the characteristics of the fit, and then you'll evetually know what exactly you want to do with it.

so now, Start Exploring this wonderful site!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Former Vendor
nice choice!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by fitinfit
might as well improve you driving skills first. The stock fit is already an pretty good car handling wise, if you want power/speed in the straight, go with either turbo/supercharger/k-swap. For the suspesion, you can lower the car by switching to aftermarket springs(cheapest way to go, mostly for the looks, not much performance added), if you want real improvement in the suspension, get coilovers.

okay here's my steps of modding the fit:
Coilovers->strut/sway bars->tire/rims-intake/exhaust->appearance

anyways that was just "my" way of modding the fit, there are lots of informations on this site that you will find it useful, so i guess the best way to start is by understanding the characteristics of the fit, and then you'll evetually know what exactly you want to do with it.

so now, Start Exploring this wonderful site!
alright cool!!

nice white fit

basiclly i want a white fit, but i cannot find one around my area...47408
can i order a 08 fit white color at Honda?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 AM
unfortunately the taffeta white is no longer available in the NA fits. Honda stopped the production of TW fit in 2007. But there are 2 new colors introduced to the 08 fit. Personally i would choose black or blue or red or silver if the white is not available. haha that's pretty much all the colors except the new ones. it's all up to you.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
no jokes

not trying to sound mean at all TRUST ME we all start someplace but exhaust system plus 4-2-1 so you want a header and exhaust sounds good. but i would would drive for a few months and start doing research and learning about parts and what they do etc. instead of blowing 3500 bux on what you see on here that ppl say THEY DO. given some time you may realize that performance isnt your deal you might be an audio video kinda guy and go more that rout. patience is always a winner welcome to the familia

Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Former Vendor
start slow with some small mods

Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by fitinfit
unfortunately the taffeta white is no longer available in the NA fits. Honda stopped the production of TW fit in 2007. But there are 2 new colors introduced to the 08 fit. Personally i would choose black or blue or red or silver if the white is not available. haha that's pretty much all the colors except the new ones. it's all up to you.
thanks man
my choice is WHITE > RED > SILVER > BLUE

a dealership called me today morning, they told me they can order a brand new white fit for me.
they scheduled a test drive for me next week, and they said if i gonna buy it, they will order it. Do you think they can do that?

thanks

Last edited by alexfree05; 01-18-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by s0x
not trying to sound mean at all TRUST ME we all start someplace but exhaust system plus 4-2-1 so you want a header and exhaust sounds good. but i would would drive for a few months and start doing research and learning about parts and what they do etc. instead of blowing 3500 bux on what you see on here that ppl say THEY DO. given some time you may realize that performance isnt your deal you might be an audio video kinda guy and go more that rout. patience is always a winner welcome to the familia
thanks for your advise =]

i think i will replace the rims and the headlight first =]

Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Retired Moderator
I recomend getting some driving skills first. Im 16 and the Fit delivers more then enough performance to start out on and practice. Then you start doing the performance mods. If i were you the first thing i would do with the 3,500$ would be the kraftwerks SC. Pretty huge HP gains and its bolt on. Im planning on getting it sometime.

Tyler

Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
IMO, if it's your first car and all, just keep it stock for a while.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alexfree05

a dealership called me today morning, they told me they can order a brand new white fit for me.
they scheduled a test drive for me next week, and they said if i gonna buy it, they will order it. Do you think they can do that?

thanks
They are lying to you....... unless u live in canada

Old 01-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
They are lying to you....... unless u live in canada
will they order it from canada?

Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
no they will not.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by solbrothers
IMO, if it's your first car and all, just keep it stock for a while.
X2, you're a new driver, you should really focus your efforts on being a safe driver, not modifying your car so you can go faster. But if I were you and happened to have 3500 ready to spend on the Fit, I would drop that into suspension, you could buy a high quality spring/strut or coilover setup, rear sway bar, strut tower bars, front lower tie bar. and a nice set of wheels with really good tires.

You'll learn, be it the easy way (reading other peoples experience) or the hard way (learning from poor experiences) to do things the right way the first time, do not buy parts from ebay unless you know 100% that they are legit, and don't cheap out and buy something just because its the cheap option.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
I recomend getting some driving skills first. Im 16 and the Fit delivers more then enough performance to start out on and practice. Then you start doing the performance mods. If i were you the first thing i would do with the 3,500$ would be the kraftwerks SC. Pretty huge HP gains and its bolt on. Im planning on getting it sometime.

Tyler

Tyler don't mean to pick on you but I agree and dissagree with your post.

I also think OP should take some time to get familiar with the car and it's limits.

Once you've done that for about 3-6 months then you can start buying some parts. While you learn to drive it do some research on here as well as other sites like Honda-Tech to see what people are doing with their Fits and what they think of the mods.

We all have different tastes, I am 28 so having a car dumped and loud is not appealing to me anymore but it might be for you.

The worst thing you can do first is install a supercharger that will give the car an extra 50hp without any other supporting mods and a new driver with little experience.

The very first mod you will want to do is wheels and tires. Choose wisely to avoid rubbing once lowered and keep the wheel/tire package to the lowest weight possible. As long as the package is lighter than your stock combo you will see performance gains for free. Better braking, cornering and acceleration.

Then figure out what suspension you want, just spring or full coil overs and how stiff/low you want the car to be. Try to get some rides in a few different modified ones to see what you like the best.

Once that's done and you are comfortable with the car go for more power.

If you want modest gains get an intake/header/exhaust you will gain about 10-15HP if you want more gains you will need forced induction and that will be quite a bit more expensive.

You also have the option to swap in a k series engine but that will require lot's of money, downtime and some custom fabrication. You will be left with an engine that has more kms than your original one and possibly a few things might not work in the car.

I think with the Fit you have to be realistic and not expect it to be hugely fast because it's a small economy car. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car but it's not a performance oriented one.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on working towards your permit! If you decide to get the Fit you'll be really happy with it. You can always start small with the mods especially doing the appearance items as you learn and decide what is important to you. For instance if you love Mugen you can check out the thread dedicated to the Mugen theme Fit. You can start with window visors, door sills, rearview mirror cover and these are really fun items to put on your car.

You will definitely learn a lot from the guys on this board. They are in my opinion some of the smartest and well informed bunch of Fit freaks you'll ever find. They can tell you all about the best exhaust, best lowering kits and how to even change out your shifter knob!

So just read up on some of the old post and get to know about the car before you get behind the wheel. That will really help you know what to
expect.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

Cat :x

Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

You could buy it from Canada if you really wanted heh but you'd have no warranty - at least thats what I've seen for the USA cars i see come up here in Canada.

I went tint, mugen visors and sills, spoon exhaust and some bars - just to make it look good to me. It's all personal choice, we are just so opinionated on this forum

Quick Reply: New driver new FIT