New driver new FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
tint, window visors, basic coil-overs, intake, axel back, and some DIY mods will be a great place to start.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 PM
go for the important parts
such as suspension, intake exhaust, turbo/sc for that matter
later,, when u have had enough fun with performance go for quality bodykits

dont spend money on useless things such as tints, visors, lowering springs, diy parts, hids, yellow fogs??lol, ricer emblems, oem black headlights...u get the idea

Last edited by Combo; 01-18-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
A car is one of the thing you are being with the most in your life. What you are going to change on your car base on what you desire. You can tell sooner or later what kind of things you need to do once you befriend with it. When you don't like UVs getting into the car nor get yourself skin cancer, tint the windows, plus you can take a nap in it without people seeing you. When you feel you don't have enough horses running, and you want loud vroom vroom to let people know you are close but actually you are 3 blocks away, get the intake, header, exhaust combo. And when you only want to look good, give your car some new rims and lowering, so your car looks as cool as you wearing a pair of $1,000+ Air Jordan. There is nothing you must get, but know what you desire is the point.

Last edited by RubyQQ1211; 01-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
keep the car stock for about 4-6 months man. Learn the car and the way it handles/deals with problems. After that start small. go for a suspension setup such as coilovers but beware that potholes/speed bumps are going to suck. After that i recommend new wheels/tires to lighten and further increase grip on the road. Tires i would recommend are Yokohama AVID H4S. They're pretty good all season tires and wheels just get whatever is lighter than stock that you like. For Power stick with basic boltons I/H/E. and if you have the money left, go FI once you're REALLY used to your car.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:51 PM
So you're getting a brand new fit and you only have your permit?

Sounds like your parents are buying it for you (correct me if I'm wrong).

With that being said, perhaps instead of blowing $3.5k on upgrades, you should give your parents that money to help with either the cost of the purchase, or perhaps you should put it towards college.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:51 PM
thanks everyone for the advise.

the dealership said they will order a white 08 fit sport for me for sure...

omg

Old 01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013
So you're getting a brand new fit and you only have your permit?

Sounds like your parents are buying it for you (correct me if I'm wrong).

With that being said, perhaps instead of blowing $3.5k on upgrades, you should give your parents that money to help with either the cost of the purchase, or perhaps you should put it towards college.
i am getting the license tomorrow
and i am in the college right now.

Last edited by alexfree05; 01-21-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by alexfree05
thanks everyone for the advise.

the dealership said they will order a white 08 fit sport for me for sure...

omg
They dont make 08 White fits in the US....?

Tyler

Old 01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by alexfree05
i am getting the license tomorrow
and i am in the college right now.
So if your parents are paying your way through school, you have no business blowing $3.5k on car upgrades while they are giving you the gift of an education.

If you're getting a federal grant to help you through school, then you have no business blowing $3.5k while taking taxpayer money. That's in the same book as someone on welfare buying dubs for their car.

In short, if you aren't totally self-sufficient then perhaps you shouldn't be spending your money on frivilous things. Graduate from college, get a full time job, your own place to live, and then upgrade your car with the money you have left -- if you're lucky enough to have any after covering all the expenses of adult life!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by gar1013
So if your parents are paying your way through school, you have no business blowing $3.5k on car upgrades while they are giving you the gift of an education.

If you're getting a federal grant to help you through school, then you have no business blowing $3.5k while taking taxpayer money. That's in the same book as someone on welfare buying dubs for their car.

In short, if you aren't totally self-sufficient then perhaps you shouldn't be spending your money on frivilous things. Graduate from college, get a full time job, your own place to live, and then upgrade your car with the money you have left -- if you're lucky enough to have any after covering all the expenses of adult life!!!
i earned that 3.5k by investing stock in Hong Kong by myself

Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Like stated above: drive the car for 6 months at least before adding more power to it.

This is your first car. Learn how to drive it without killing yourself or anyone else first.

One of the hardest things for a 16 year old male is NOT doing crazy fun things in a car.

I had a crazy fun day in the rain after I got my license and hit a friend's car. Minor damage to his car but it totalled my car since it was an old beat up POS anyway and not worth fixing.

Adding more power without the suspension work to control that power is another problem.

Adding power will just make you want to try very fast driving manuevers anyway. Everyone needs temptation.

If you want some real fun, attend a high performance driving school a few months after getting your license. After that you will be a much better driver. You can brag to your friends that you did it too.

Good luck,

Tom.

Last edited by Darkride; 01-21-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: better point to be made
Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Darkride
Like stated above: drive the car for 6 months at least before adding more power to it.

This is your first car. Learn how to drive it without killing yourself or anyone else first.

One of the hardest things for a 16 year old male is NOT doing crazy fun things in a car.

I had a crazy fun day in the rain after I got my license and hit a friend's car. Minor damage to his car but it totalled my car since it was an old beat up POS anyway and not worth fixing.

Adding more power without the suspension work to control that power is another problem.

Adding power will just make you want to try very fast driving manuevers anyway. Everyone needs temptation.

If you want some real fun, attend a high performance driving school a few months after getting your license. After that you will be a much better driver. You can brag to your friends that you did it too.

Good luck,

Tom.
thanks for your advise.

actually i am not 16, i am turning 21 this year.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Permit? Kinda young I assume. Don't rush things. Just because it does something doesn't mean you need it.

Originally Posted by s0x
not trying to sound mean at all TRUST ME we all start someplace but exhaust system plus 4-2-1 so you want a header and exhaust sounds good. but i would would drive for a few months and start doing research and learning about parts and what they do etc. instead of blowing 3500 bux on what you see on here that ppl say THEY DO. given some time you may realize that performance isnt your deal you might be an audio video kinda guy and go more that rout. patience is always a winner welcome to the familia
+1.

Go slow, don't rush into buying parts, and most importantly RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. If you can't find any sort of benefit from a part, then don't get it (example being grounding kits and voltage stabilizers, unless you're running a huge audio system that needs all it can get.) Also, just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good, just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
I ride a motorcyle too, so I tend to error on the side of safety.

Even at 21, just getting the license means driving a car is new to you.

Maybe you won't die in the Fit like on a bike but wreaking a new car sucks. Especially when it is your first car.

Sorry about the lecture.

Enjoy college and the new Fit.

Tom.

PS: Damn I loved college.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
can i remove the Sport Grille??

thanks

Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
get a kraftworks supercharger and throw it in the basement for the summer. Then in the mean time work and gather money for all the exterior mods etc

Old 01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
finally i bought my car yesterday...
15 hours of driving...
I bought a white 07 sport with 42xx miles on it.

will get the car within 2 weeks.

i have a problem, there is a sport grille, can i remove it?
also the sticker from the dealership, how can i remove them perfectly without any flaw?

thanks

Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
yes you can remove it

Old 01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by RubyQQ1211
yes you can remove it
thanks
but how