aftermarket steering wheel information/picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
nice wheel there kelso ..maybe a thread or sticky need to be made with list of wheels that fit and companies that make adaptors to fit the FiT

Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
how did u hook up ur horn? i need the horn dont wanna lose it
can u do a write up on the horn issue.
i managed to fix the steering wheel but not the honker
ill do a write up of the how to hook up the horn and the airbag light override. i have the wiring diagram and an led to put behind my horn button but ive been sooooo lazy doing work to my car lately. yesterday was the first time i wrenched on my car in like a month to put on my spoon torque damper and i ran into some problems with it so once the rain lets up and i get my led in the mail, ill take apart my wheel and post up some pics and a diy.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
any issues replacing the airbag with steering wheel with non airbag wheel with the insurance company?
is it a law to have the airbag in the wheel.. i know people will do what they want but just asking...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea its totally illegal. im not sure about louisiana but in california, messing with any safety equipment on a car is prohibited by law, but like you said people will do what they want.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Any pics of it on the car Kelso? I like Aftermarket wheels like the one you got looks pretty sick in those last two pics. But i dont think i can deal with rolling around with out a front airbag lol. It would take some getting use to.

Tyler

Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i heard somewhere (not sure bc i cant confirm it) that the whole airbag system in our cars weighs close to 150 lbs. i am actually considering taking out my passenger one aswell. every person i know that has been in an airbag accident has been injured more by the airbag than the actual crash. the side curtain airbags are the most important imo.

and i dont feel like taking pictures of my wheel on the car. just wait till saturday to see it in person

Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Ohhh Crap that meet is saturday!?! I didnt relize that haha. Cool!
Yeah ill see it then.

Tyler

Old 02-26-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
ill do a write up of the how to hook up the horn and the airbag light override. i have the wiring diagram and an led to put behind my horn button but ive been sooooo lazy doing work to my car lately. yesterday was the first time i wrenched on my car in like a month to put on my spoon torque damper and i ran into some problems with it so once the rain lets up and i get my led in the mail, ill take apart my wheel and post up some pics and a diy.
I already posted a DIY with this same hub and quick release...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Can someone provide links as to where we can buy all this kit from, Cheers.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
does anyone think it'd be possible to use a spacer to space the stock wheel out? that'd retain all the wiring and airbag etc?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Well i saw kelso's wheel today in person, and held it. OMG, i want it lol. Its so sick. I think im going to start saving now. The only thing is, i would lose my paddles i think, unless i want to buy that kit but thats wayyy overpriced. Kelso, is there a good site i can go to, to find info and stuff?

Tyler

Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Well i saw kelso's wheel today in person, and held it. OMG, i want it lol. Its so sick. I think im going to start saving now. The only thing is, i would lose my paddles i think, unless i want to buy that kit but thats wayyy overpriced. Kelso, is there a good site i can go to, to find info and stuff?

Tyler
haha thanks dude, i got all my steering wheel stuff from evasive motorsports. the website isnt much help. just call them and tell them what you are going for and they will list off the parts that you need. that would be so rad if you could find a kit that mounts the paddle shifters to the steering column!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Any chance you could take a detailed pic of the back of your old standard wheel for me?? Wanna compare with some other oem honda wheels to see if I can swap for one!!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
bump

i'm interested in this

-Ricky

Old 05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
oooh Nardi.

Did you find a way to reset the airbag light??

Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3 FTW
oooh Nardi.

Did you find a way to reset the airbag light??
there is a way to wire the plug to overide the air bag light. but in all honesty, its better just to take apart the gauge cluster and pop out the airbag light bulb because if you are going to get new seats, you will have this problem again.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by isitafox
Any chance you could take a detailed pic of the back of your old standard wheel for me?? Wanna compare with some other oem honda wheels to see if I can swap for one!!
sorry, i didnt see this. my old steering wheel is in storage but i will try and find it tomorrow and take a pic of it.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
there is a way to wire the plug to overide the air bag light. but in all honesty, its better just to take apart the gauge cluster and pop out the airbag light bulb because if you are going to get new seats, you will have this problem again.

seriously, I tried to reset mine with a resistor but no luck. Im gonna pop that light out since Im getting seats too

Old 05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
is there any way to put a spacer on the stock steering wheel?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
is there any way to put a spacer on the stock steering wheel?
what do you mean?

Quick Reply: aftermarket steering wheel information/picture thread