Extra HP/Response

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Extra HP/Response

Hey everyone. I just thought that some of you guys/gals would like to know what i've learned from my expriences on my 07 USDM 07 Fit GD3 Sport AT. So far, performance-wise,the only modification i had done PRIOR to this, was the T1R intake (here's the DIY: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...on-intake.html)

I have just installed a Megan Racing Performance header. I haven't really noticed any HP gains (also, i haven't dyno's it yet) , but the vehicle is A LOT more responsive at ALL RPM ranges. Obviously, the T1R and/or J's Racing header will perform better, but for the price, i'm happy with it. Here's some pics of teh OEM VS Megan Racing Header:

Just by looking at it, you can notice the size differance of the piping. With that alone, yyou will have performance gains. Installation was EXTREMELY easy!!! Everything was perfect, gaskets, bolts, washers, O2 transer Everything. THe only VERY MINOR issue, was that the O2 wire was a TINY bit too short to connect the the OEM hold down. I just zap strapped it.

Again, I'm very satisfied with waht i've gained in these mod's EXPECIALLY the T1R INtake!!!! The header make the car more responsive. And again, I can garuntee that teh T1R and/or J's Racing or any name brand header will perform better, but, i'm happy with my gains.

Last edited by Fit of RAGE; 03-26-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
is this thing resonated ?? cuz the stock fit's entire exhaust system has been resonated at i forgot what rpm to improve scavenging, introducint an aftermarket part that hasn't taken this into account will more likely decrease power then increase it, also what is the diameter of the new piping, i dont know how restrictive the stock exhaust is but if it's relatively free flowing a larger exhaust will actually increase back pressure

not trying to knock u or anything but ive seen way too many people (not neccesarily with fits or this exhaust) install a larger intake in their cars thinking louder = more power just to find out on the dyno they lost power

however since you have the T1R intake i'm assuming VE went up and the new exhaust would at the very least maintain as good a flow as stock, and would also give more potential for more tuning in the future

Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Anytime you make an intake/exhaust mod you're changing the resonance of the pressure waves inolved. The trick is to have things timed for a stonger pulse over a broad RPM range. OEM's are more concerned with regs than outright power. It's not very difficult to do one better.