Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: JDP GE Side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
JDP
Former Vendor
GI: JDP GE Side skirts

Happy 2011!

I've been playing around with the idea of developing side skirts for all you GE guys, and now I want to bring this product to you if there's enough committed buyers.

Let me know if this is at all something you would want.

I know the two top questions will be....

- What will it look like?
RESPONSE: a simple side skirt that runs across the entire side and extends outward of no more than 2 inches.

- How much?
RESPONSE: estimating to be approximately $300 + shipping (it depends on the design at the end)

Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM

the fitfreak gd

Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
just throwing ideas around

can we get a sneak peak on the skirts you have in mind? I'm very interested...

Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
How about something CF to follow the lines of the jdp cf front lip towards the back of the car? just a thought considering i dont even have the jdp cf lip lol

Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by JDP
Happy 2011!

I've been playing around with the idea of developing side skirts for all you GE guys, and now I want to bring this product to you if there's enough committed buyers.

Let me know if this is at all something you would want.
I can't believe I am saying this, because anything for the GE is better than nothing...

But I just don't see myself every purchasing side skirts. The OEM sides on the GE already look aftermarket. Most people can't even tell when someone has installed the Mugen sides.

I think you guys would be throwing money away on something like this.

A new rear valence would probably sell much better since everyone seems to hate the dual exhaust style one from Mugen. (I mean, who is ever going to put dual exhaust on a Fit?)

I would also consider offering a new bolt on grille or a body molded spoiler. I hate how the OEM spolier points downward, it looks like a duck's tail feathers.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
JDP
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
I can't believe I am saying this, because anything for the GE is better than nothing...

But I just don't see myself every purchasing side skirts. The OEM sides on the GE already look aftermarket. Most people can't even tell when someone has installed the Mugen sides.

A new rear valence would probably sell much better since everyone seems to hate the dual exhaust style one from Mugen. (I mean, who is ever going to put dual exhaust on a Fit?)

I would also consider offering a new bolt on grille or a body molded spoiler. I hate how the OEM spolier points downward, it looks like a duck's tail feathers.
Thanks for your honest feedback....very much appreciated.

Just throwing the idea out and see what you guys may or may not want.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Tky
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit

I agree with the fact that sideskirts wont be a great hit, compare to hoods/spoilers/lips.
I would buy a J's style font grille in fiberglass!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
maybe a cf side lip kit to complement the jdp lip kit??? and it cuts the cost of a full side skirt replacement...

Old 01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
i'm in, just call me john when u need the car

Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
maybe a cf side lip kit to complement the jdp lip kit??? and it cuts the cost of a full side skirt replacement...
lol exactly what i was trying to say haha.

But i second that thought of a J's style front grill for usdm. The current jdp grille is nice but doesnt have those sexy lines of the j's style with the notch

Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
^seconded, though I would understand not wanting to duplicate another company's style

Personally I wouldn't go for sideskirts as enough of my car scrapes on driveways as it is

Old 03-05-2011, 03:23 AM
i think a stock style side skirt would be nice, but have the mounting such that it would work on a base or a sport model (like the mugen trim) as it is impracticable to put sport side trim on a base. the mugen trim is nice, but does hang lower than the sport trim so unless you want to get a mugen front a GE base cannot have matching height trim even with a sport bumper.

also might consider a carbon tip that fit over the sport side trim at the same height as the front lip... then again i suppose you could do this with carbon vinyl or similar.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Full on wide-body kit :-)

Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
I think some sideskirts that look similar to the chargespeed ones would be nice and probably the only style I would consider adding because the oem sport sides are nice already. The thin/narrow cf lip running down the side would compliment the front lip and rear diffuser nicely.

understated yet still sporty.

but in all honesty, I think a much better seller would be a spoon-styled cf duckbill for an affordable price or a cf/fg j's style grill.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
sideskirts would be good if the price was right!
that way the base owners like myself without the sideskirts have an option into buying instead of having to buy the mugen ones

Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
what about something similar to the side moldings on the cr-z? not sure what it would look like on the GE, but it's something to think about.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  LSsides.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  19.6 KB

Here are some simple sides from Last Station here.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I like this idea also,make it so it fits the base please.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
JDP,
I would agree with most of the post that you do not need one for the sport model because you can hardly tell.
I would recommend it for the base model though. Honda fit base does look basic but i would prefer something small and simple like the side strakes for the S2000. If you can get it to flow with the CF lip kit and the rear, I think it would be a popular buy. (For the base)
If you can design side strakes for the base, honestly I would buy one. The base is too simple and it needs to be more aggressive. It doesn't have to be a full on side skirt that runs downs the whole side of the car.
I think this will become a popular sale since you made majority of the parts for the car. (front and rear CF lip)

That's my suggestion.

Last edited by vumiken; 08-24-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: GI: JDP GE Side skirts