Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: JDP GE Side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:14 PM
I second the Chargespeed style. Have them on my S2k and love them.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
This may be a case of to little to late, but i would like to see a CF rear bumper loading guard.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
I know a lot of us from the GB on the base lip would like a side skirt to go with it if you wouldn't mind.

Really like that charge speed style too. And I wouldn't mind the diffuser on the roof either. lol

Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm down for the side skirt, I've bought the JDP hood, front lip, and rear diffuser!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by mulletboi86
I'm down for the side skirt, I've bought the JDP hood, front lip, and rear diffuser!
+2. how about you make these sideskirts and i'll finally pull the trigger on buying the spoiler to save on shipping

Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Since I have a base fit, I would love some sides. The chargespeed style looks pretty nice and believe it would compliment the front and rear lips well.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeff_1986
Since I have a base fit, I would love some sides. The chargespeed style looks pretty nice and believe it would compliment the front and rear lips well.
^this, it is super clean and would flow so well.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Side skirts for a base are a must!

Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey guys,
Snce I see a lot of interested in the side skirt for the ge, I am going to generate the list for ppl that are interested. If there is anyone else that is interested, please pm me. If I get enough ppl, I will talk with jdp in starting the project.

1. Vumiken
2. Jeff_1986
3. EvoFit
4. AtLfit10
5. RetroAttack
6. Jamy
7. Rextopher
8. MotoMatt

If you are on the list and do not wish to participate, please pm me. You will never be disappointed with JDP's work.

Last edited by vumiken; 10-14-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 AM
jsr
5 Year Member
I like the chargespeed sides but would like something less thick as I don't want to lose too much clearance.
I actually like the simplicity of the last station sides.
John and I threw around some ideas for skirts. Neither of us like the idea of strakes and prefer a skirt that runs the length of the side.
We were discussing a very simple lip that wouldn't be very thick to minimize clearance loss that would flow with the lines of the jdp base lip to those of the rear bumper (rear bumper slightly curves outward on the side). Nothing extremely aggressive, but adds some thickness to the side of the base model.
I would be interested if the design were simple and price is right.
If I get some time on the computer, I'll mock up what jdp and I were thinking to show you guys.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jsr
I like the chargespeed sides but would like something less thick as I don't want to lose too much clearance.
I actually like the simplicity of the last station sides.
John and I threw around some ideas for skirts. Neither of us like the idea of strakes and prefer a skirt that runs the length of the side.
We were discussing a very simple lip that wouldn't be very thick to minimize clearance loss that would flow with the lines of the jdp base lip to those of the rear bumper (rear bumper slightly curves outward on the side). Nothing extremely aggressive, but adds some thickness to the side of the base model.
I would be interested if the design were simple and price is right.
If I get some time on the computer, I'll mock up what jdp and I were thinking to show you guys.
I like This Idea.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by jsr
would flow with the lines of the jdp base lip to those of the rear bumper (rear bumper slightly curves outward on the side). Nothing extremely aggressive, but adds some thickness to the side of the base model.
it'll probably be a better idea to make it flow better with the already existing and popular JDP sport lip before going with the base. no offense to any base guys but the sport crowd is a bit larger, and it doesn't really matter i guess seeing as how i would have to remove my sport sideskirts anyways. If it clashes way too much then i guess at lease i'll still get the spoiler, so eaither way take my money JDP

Old 11-14-2011, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
it'll probably be a better idea to make it flow better with the already existing and popular JDP sport lip before going with the base. no offense to any base guys but the sport crowd is a bit larger, and it doesn't really matter i guess seeing as how i would have to remove my sport sideskirts anyways. If it clashes way too much then i guess at lease i'll still get the spoiler, so eaither way take my money JDP
There aren't that many people with the Sport lips out there either. This was originally done for the Base model Fit because they don't have side skirts to begin with. Also I think you could make the skirts flow for either the sport or the base. There isn't that much that you can do for side skirts without going completely wild with it.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
There aren't that many people with the Sport lips out there either. This was originally done for the Base model Fit because they don't have side skirts to begin with. Also I think you could make the skirts flow for either the sport or the base. There isn't that much that you can do for side skirts without going completely wild with it.
whatever. i don't want to do a base vs sport thing, and i already have side skirts so, lets just see if JDP actually does anything with this.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM
jsr
5 Year Member
The original intent was to offer a skirt for the base because it doesn't have one. Not many people will likely upgrade the skirts if they have have attractive ones and the OEM sport skirts look aftermarket anyways. The few that do are likely not worth the low sales volumes to justify development cost in the first place.
I don't see why it seems the conversation has taken a negative/defensive note. We're discussing skirt designs and gathering interest. JDP will make it if there's interest, but it seems the interest has slowed. I'm honestly not in a big rush for skirts. I kind of like the way my car looks with just the JDP lip. But if there's enough interest, I'd be willing to go in and work with JDP on the development if the design and price are right.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by MOTOMATT
I like this idea also,make it so it fits the base please.
you're aware it doesnt matter which model he makes it for right? i'll fit both. although i wonder if he'll model the sideskirts after the sport model's for fitment and mounting purposes.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
like the charge speed style whats the price looking to be close to ? just got the front lip

Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
so, any progress on this?

if made, is the plan to have it mountable to the base?(not having to rely on the square holes in the sport model)

Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Would also like to res this thread...let us know. Would really love skirts to go with the base lip

Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Could you just get a extension of the lower side skirt? This one looks like that. Look up Chargespeed one like this for a WRX is $760.

Originally Posted by ATLfit10
I think some sideskirts that look similar to the chargespeed ones would be nice and probably the only style I would consider adding because the oem sport sides are nice already. The thin/narrow cf lip running down the side would compliment the front lip and rear diffuser nicely.

understated yet still sporty.

but in all honesty, I think a much better seller would be a spoon-styled cf duckbill for an affordable price or a cf/fg j's style grill.

Last edited by cjecpa; 06-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: GI: JDP GE Side skirts