Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Gauging interest for an interior/exterior LED conversion package!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Gauging interest for an interior/exterior LED conversion package!

Hey all,

We just recently started stocking all sorts of 3-chip LED bulbs for interior and exterior applications and were wondering if there was any interest for a conversion package for the Honda Fit. If there is enough interest, we can even throw together a group buy for 10+ members and we'll offer a 10-15% discount off the total price.

Let me know what you guys think. The kit will most likely include LED conversions for the trunk lights, map lights, dome lights, parking lights, and license plate lights.

We will also be listing LED bulbs for stop lights, tail lights, and reverse lights as soon as we get our shipment in. Again, a group buy can be organized for that as well with similar 10-15% discounts.

Here are some photos of the LED bulbs that are available to our customers right now:

Price range for the kits will run from between $40-55, depending on the bulbs that need to be used for the different applications.

Best,
George

Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Great idea! Most of mine are LED already, but could use the the stop/tail/reverse set when available.

1. reako - stop/tail/reverse set

Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have any pictures of light output?

I'd be interested in cargo area, dome, map lights, reverse lights and license plate lights.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
@reako: Sure, that sounds like a good idea for a GB. Most people haven't converted those yet. Do you know if certain lamps are tinted red/amber or left clear? I want to know because red-tinted tail lights for sure need red LEDs to maintain the same color whereas clear lamps are free to choose whichever color they'd like.

@Btrthnezr3: Yes we do, we're just fixing them up a bit to make them more presentable. They were sent in by a Honda Civic EP3 customer and are a bit fuzzy, but they do a good job of showing the LED goodness.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
I'd be interested in the LED's for reverse and turn signal (white/red). I've actually been on the verge of purchasing some of a LED website, but would be up for a GB. Also semi-interested in map/dome/cargo

Old 05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
I'd be interested in side markers, dome light, cargo light, reverse and turn signal lights.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
@baylorbro: Thank you for your input. We're making up a list right now with all the bulb sizes of the various interior and exterior lights for the Fit and also tallying up the most requested bulbs. We'll make sure the pricing is fair and the product is exceptional!

@FitMugen: Thank you! Will cater to as many of your requests as possible.

On another note, we are aware that changing out the turn signals with LEDs causes them to blink faster due to the lower power draw. We don't have the expertise to really address the issue so we're sort of leaning towards leaving blinkers out of the future GB. However, if you guys feel comfortable working with them, we can keep them as potential bulbs. Let me know how you guys feel about it.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
All PM and e-mail inquiries replied to, thanks for the interest/support everyone!

Old 06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
i'd be in for dome/cargo/license plate.

can't wait to see pictures

Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like we're going to learn towards setting up a GB for the following applications:

Map light
Dome light
Cargo/trunk light
License plate light

If there are any additional bulbs that you'd like to convert, we'll have them available for individual purchase on our website. That will keep things simple for all of us. Stay tuned for more updates, thanks everyone!

-George