Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:52 AM
For those wondering what section is made of what material, here is the chart:

All PVC, and PVC w/ Leather Center:

Cross-Stitch on All-PVC:

PVC w/ Suede Center Insert:

Old 06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
that helps out bah!! i still need money!!!!!!! my butt wants some suede!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I'm def interested, what's the warranty on these?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by FitVic
that helps out bah!! i still need money!!!!!!! my butt wants some suede!
I have a few black suede w/ red stitch on the way. Maybe you'll be ready by the time that rolls around

Originally Posted by What The!?
I'm def interested, what's the warranty on these?
The warranty is against manufacturing defects, so it's basically just a few weeks after receiving the product. Once received, there are instructions to inspect each piece of the seat cover and report if you need a replacement piece due to an issue. So far, I've sold over 250 sets (Toyota/Scion) and there have only been 2 cases that were for warranty (1 had some holes that weren't properly aligned, the other had a piece that was too short and wouldn't stay tucked in properly). After 2 years, the first few buyers (in-store, from back in early 07) report that the covers are still in good condition.

I will actually be up in Nor Cal this week (heading up tomorrow, staying in San Jose). I'll be taking my Clazzio-equipped 4Runner if you want to take a look. I think I'll be in SF on Thursday.

Added note: I contacted the webmaster regarding becoming a Sponsor. Anyone know the admin in charge of this? It's been a few days w/o a response.

Last edited by RMS-Jeff; 06-22-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Man these look great!!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
What's the chance on getting the suede centers with the cross-stitching pattern?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
What's the chance on getting the suede centers with the cross-stitching pattern?
It's currently being worked on. They pattern is being created for the suede and submitted to the factory to see if the machine can do it properly. It shouldn't be an issue, but it will take time to make sure it's fine. It will be an option in a month or so IF it's accepted by the factory.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
hey
u said u were gonna get a new shipment in last week
any thing good ??

Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
I've never owned a car with leather seats, or similar covers... Can someone comment on whether these seats (leather, suede, PVC or otherwise) will get hotter than the normal fabric under heavy sun exposure? Since they're black, I have a sense they will get VERY hot... but then again, the OEM seats are also black, and don't get too hot (perhaps the fabric is better at dealing with heat).

Thanks for any help, really liking these covers, may purchase!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Also, can anyone comment on how well the Vynil texture/color matches the Honda Center Console/Armrest for the 09 Fits (GE8)?

EDIT: If I order Black PVC with Black perf leather inner section, are they available NOW, or do I need to wait 2 months?

EDIT2: The airbag compliance youtube videos seem to be on some generic seat. I would feel more at ease if we had a video of this showing it was tested on the specific Fit model (i.e., the 07-08, and the 09-xx). I just don't get that reassurance that the sticthing, formfitting etc is compatible with MY specific airbag!

Last edited by justintime; 06-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
hey
u said u were gonna get a new shipment in last week
any thing good ??
Unfortunately it was a duplicate shipment ( GD and GE Leather in all black ).

I submitted a new order for the following (ETA of mid/late August 09):

Honda Fit 2009 model
Suede Version
Outer: Black
Inner: Black
Stitch: Red
QTY: 2 Sets

---

Honda Fit 2009 model
Suede Version
Stitch: Blue

---

Honda Fit 2009 model
Leather Version
Stitch: Red
QTY: 3 Sets

---

Honda Fit 2009 model
Leather Version
Inner: Gray
Stitch: Gray
QTY: 1 Set

---

Honda Fit 2009 model
Leather Version
Stitch: Blue

---

Honda Fit 2009 model
Leather Version
Stitch: Orange
QTY: 1 Set

Originally Posted by justintime
I've never owned a car with leather seats, or similar covers... Can someone comment on whether these seats (leather, suede, PVC or otherwise) will get hotter than the normal fabric under heavy sun exposure? Since they're black, I have a sense they will get VERY hot... but then again, the OEM seats are also black, and don't get too hot (perhaps the fabric is better at dealing with heat).

Thanks for any help, really liking these covers, may purchase!
They do feel a bit hotter if the vehicle has been sitting directly in the sun. In the shade with high ambient temp, it's ok.

Also, can anyone comment on how well the Vynil texture/color matches the Honda Center Console/Armrest for the 09 Fits (GE8)?

EDIT: If I order Black PVC with Black perf leather inner section, are they available NOW, or do I need to wait 2 months?

EDIT2: The airbag compliance youtube videos seem to be on some generic seat. I would feel more at ease if we had a video of this showing it was tested on the specific Fit model (i.e., the 07-08, and the 09-xx). I just don't get that reassurance that the sticthing, formfitting etc is compatible with MY specific airbag!
I cannot comment on the matching of the texture, but here is a scan of the leather. The PVC has a similar texture.

The all black (Black PVC, Black Perforated Leather, and Black Stitching) is available now for the GD and GE.

The airbag testing (US one) was done on a 2007 Camry LE seat. I will get the information on which vehicle the Japan tests were done on. I'll see if they want to do a Honda-specific test and let you know.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks you VERY MUCH Jeff....

I'm thinking the most popular option for the 09 Fits *should be* black with cream (or gray?) stitching, because this would match the look of the center console which has black leather and a light stitch (not sure if it is grey or cream, will inspect with good light).

I was about to order the 'all black' which was readily available, but the stitching is black so that won't quite match. I'll see about placing a custom order.

I also wish these kits included door panel pieces in PVC to match the overall finish, much like a factory leather option would look. I think people are doing this as DIY? Oh well... excellent pricing on these, thanks for all your hard work and making these available to everyone!

EDIT: are you able to provide me with a sample of the black PVC, grey PVC, and the black perf leather? Also a sampling of the light threads would be great.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks you VERY MUCH Jeff....

I'm thinking the most popular option for the 09 Fits *should be* black with cream (or gray?) stitching, because this would match the look of the center console which has black leather and a light stitch (not sure if it is grey or cream, will inspect with good light).

I was about to order the 'all black' which was readily available, but the stitching is black so that won't quite match. I'll see about placing a custom order.

I also wish these kits included door panel pieces in PVC to match the overall finish, much like a factory leather option would look. I think people are doing this as DIY? Oh well... excellent pricing on these, thanks for all your hard work and making these available to everyone!

EDIT: are you able to provide me with a sample of the black PVC, grey PVC, and the black perf leather? Also a sampling of the light threads would be great.
I'll have to get some more from the warehouse. It should be ok though.

A few Scion owners have tried to do their door panels, but the installation is a bit weird... on Scions, the whole door is plastic except for certain sections that are fabric. Most only cover the small fabric section, but it requires some "jerry-rigging" to be flush- plus it's glued on, so it ruins the fabric in most cases (depends on the glue used). I've yet to see someone post a success story on that though.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
nothing for the GD?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
pm'd you rms-jeff.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by fitster
nothing for the GD?
All the requests I received were for the GE, so I ordered what seemed popular. I requested a few GD variations also, but we'll see if those were accepted. The main branch reported the same results (GD slow, GE requests high).

Originally Posted by djk949
pm'd you rms-jeff.
Just replied. Excuses included

Old 07-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Very nicely done! Just posting to subscribe to the thread and to decide what would be best for my car.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Any chance you'd ever do all-white PVC?
Scroll down here to see the all-white interior:
VWvortex Forums: Any one have pics of red c's with custom leather colors??

My old VW Cabriolet had white vinyl sides with black and white stripe material in the center, white piping and stitching.

The biggest drawback was that the stitching would get dirty. Perhaps even white sides with a black perforated leather and black stitching would be good.

I have a white FIT, and I love the black/white look.

I gotta say that I love the milk and white chocolate interior on that page too, but not for my car. Mostly that interior makes me hungry. I want to lick it. LOL!

Mmm, chocolatey interior goodness.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I gotta say that I love the milk and white chocolate interior on that page too, but not for my car. Mostly that interior makes me hungry. ...
Yeah... drool stains leather.

Add another interested party on the seatcovers. I'd want any of the configurations but in grey with blue stitching.

Last edited by anniemcu; 07-03-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks again Jeff! Just got done installing them. Very happy with the way they turned out.

The only problem I came across was that I ripped one of the nylon straps on the driver side bottom when I was pulling on it. No biggie though, it still holds up well and looks awesome.

Best mod i've done. My biggest thing was the fabric of the stock seats. They attracted hair like crazy. Now I can just wipe it off and call it a day.

Quick Reply: GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers