Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justintime
The cover is cut as a hole around the latches. Its the only part of the entire set that I thought did not live up to the overall quality... at least some stitching there would have been nice. I feel it just *may* rip eventually. Let's hope not.

I used a phillips screwdriver to loosen the latch assembly and squeeze the cover under. Similar process as the headrest holes but you have to undo the latch.

Name:  DSC00106.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  79.1 KB

Last edited by aenokea; 10-31-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aenokea
I used a phillips screwdriver to loosen the latch assembly and squeeze the cover under. Similar process as the headrest holes but you have to undo the latch.
Thank you. I will check for those screws. When it warms up. It is cold here today.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:21 PM
nice job guys

keep the pics coming. My set is due to arrive on Monday. I can't wait. They look sweet. Hopefully, my fingers will not fall off either.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Who do i need to speak to for this?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM-Taffeta-S
Who do i need to speak to for this?
If you want to buy then then Jeff. GO back to beginning to send him PM.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you aenokeaI did my latches today. For those of you that can't find the screw do this. Hold the latch up and look underneath it. Voila. Take the screw out all the way. Be caerful though not to drop it in the hole. Then a good tug on the latch will pull it out of the hole along with the surrounding trim piece. There is a cable on it. Now just centre the material under the latch assembly as you likely do not have the seat cover 100% over the hole. When centred push the assembly back into hole trapping the edges of the material and re-insert the screw and tighten. All done.

Boy does it look like these are the original seat coverings and not material. Nice!!

Hmm same material might look nice on door panels eh Jeff?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Yep..I'm thinking Jeff needs to start selling pre-cut door panel inserts..just sayin. ;-)

Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member

oh shnap...someone local w/ these covers. i can check'em out one tyme or what? haha. nah serious. i was going order these. hard time deciding on combo though.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Anyone in the Dallas, TX metroplex areas with the cover installed? It would be great if I can see it up close before I decide what combination to get.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
oh shnap...someone local w/ these covers. i can check'em out one tyme or what? haha. nah serious. i was going order these. hard time deciding on combo though.
Originally Posted by catbb67
Anyone in the Dallas, TX metroplex areas with the cover installed? It would be great if I can see it up close before I decide what combination to get.
Hey Beancounter. I have a Taffy White. I went with the black/black leather inserts with blue stitching. It compliments my blue accent theme. I have the blue stitched shift knob, blue neons under dash, blue H inserts on hatch and wheels. Also blue H on the windshield tint . Together with blue calipers and drums. So for me it was rather easy. I also have the Burl wood trim kit.

A way back in this thread there are some good pics of the various clours etc.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
<SLAPS OWN FOREHEAD> Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks! Love these forums!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Got my covers!

I received them on Monday. Jeff shipped out the day after I sent payment, stupid UPS held them over the weekend. Awesome.

I didn't install on Monday. They mocked me, sitting all snug in the box. I didn't even open the box. Everytime I looked at the box, they mocked me. I heard them giggle. HA HA HA!!! You want sore fingers?? Go ahead and open the box...hahahahahahaha!

Ok, so I couldn't wait any longer. Today was the day. I asked one of my sons if he wanted to help when he got home from school. (12 yrs old.) Sure! he said. Awesomeness...

Total time was just over 2 1/2 hours. Not bad. The back seat was way easier than the fronts. HOWEVER....

We put on the head rest covers for the back seat. WTF! They looked like crap! I looked at them, looked at the front seats and thought that the designers has lost it on the back headrests. They were just not right. Looked at them again. WTF! OOPS! WE PUT THEM ON BACKWARDS! ALL 3!!! HAHAHAHHAA....no wonder they looked like crap! Sorry...forgot to take pics.

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will take some pics...and color balance them so the colors are correct...(photog here...)

I also have the back tray with the snaps. I thought about unscrewing the snaps and making holes in the back of the nice new covers....NAH! I left the snaps in, but will not make holes. That stupid felt is a waste anyways.

My thumbs are sore. My son was awesome. He didn't complain once. I gave him $20 for helping. His help was worth it. You could do it yourself, it would just take longer.

Last edited by handymus; 11-04-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 PM
sent pm about a week ago bout seat have not recieved anything back. t

Old 11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by JDM-Taffeta-S
sent pm about a week ago bout seat have not recieved anything back. t

the last time he messaged me, he said he was going to be away for a week.
that's probably why he hasn't responded.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
^^Jeff was @ SEMA I believe

Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
thanks for the info guys

Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Can anyone tell me if these feel more comfortable, more supportive than w/o the covers on a GD3 seat? Seems like everyone loves how they look, but barely anyone talks about how they feel compared to before.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
I like the feel better on my GE8, WITH these covers. Kind of that luxury car feel... awesome. I really did not like the stock seat fabric *at all*.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
These covers are awesome...

They are very comfortable. They have a layer of padding, so they add cushion...just a little. I noticed that I sit higher in the seat after installing. It is just a slight amount, but you notice it. No more lint. You slide into the seat easier. They add to the over all appreciation of the car, if that makes sense.

Are they pricey? You bet, but they are the best seat covers I have ever purchased.

They don't slide around at all, they are very tight fitting.

Can you tell I like them? I would purchase again in a heart beat.

Jeff ships right away, once he receives payment and emails you about the transaction.

Maybe it was because I had cars previously with leather, but I am extremely happy now. Good gas mileage and nice, comfortable seats too!!

If you have the $$, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM
i'd like to thank jeff for selling me these amazing seat covers for my wife's 09 fit sport. i installed them when i got home from work and my wife absolutely loves them. jeff is very professional, informative, answers any questions you may have in a timely manner, and keeps you up to date. i highly recommend these high quality seat covers to anyone who has thought about purchasing them.

Quick Reply: GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers