Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
I sent my money yesterday. I am holding my breath. I wonder how much Customs will hit me for Duty etc?. I don't care as I really want them.

Next is taillights.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I sent my money yesterday. I am holding my breath. I wonder how much Customs will hit me for Duty etc?. I don't care as I really want them.

Next is taillights.
If it is not made in the USA you will be charged 7% for duty, and pst and gst. But they sometimes don't check it. I baught my yokohama winter tires picked them up in the states at a UPS and only got charged the taxes.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
ok boys heres a prelimanary pic... im gonna take a few more and post in a thread of my own once my find a location for the shoot. awesome fitment and quality can't tell its PVC except for the smell lmao.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Jeff...did the new orders come in?

Just checking...I want some seat covers!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
looks great, probably will be looking to get these sometime soon.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
MIne arrived today and I have the fronts installed. Wow are they nice!

OK you Canucks wanna know how much to get them in your car?

I paid Jeff $476.93 Cdn. A good deal on the exchange rate. I donated another $144.82 Cdn to the Canadian Customs - bless them. It was 18% duty then GST and PST. Grand total is $621.75.

Expensive? Yes but damn they look good and my butt likes them.

Oh I got the black leather with blue stitching. Matches my gear shift and looks good in the TW Sport.

Just about done pissing away money on my Fit. Still need some tails and HIDs.

Thank goodness tomorrow the government makes their monthly deposit of CPP and OAS. For you other people that is Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security payments. Joy of being retired.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
attn. jeff. pm sent.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Im curious, did you manage to install the fron bottom cushion without any noticeable creases in the exterior/front portion of the seat?

I paid Jeff $476.93 Cdn. A good deal on the exchange rate. I donated another $144.82 Cdn to the Canadian Customs - bless them. It was 18% duty then GST and PST. Grand total is $621.75.

Oh I got the black leather with blue stitching. Matches my gear shift and looks good in the TW Sport.

Thank goodness tomorrow the government makes their monthly deposit of CPP and OAS. For you other people that is Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security payments. Joy of being retired.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Very interested ..... will buy after the custom leather/ stich color is known. They look great!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Jeff...money sent

Needs me some seat covers!!

Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Holy crap did you get them in 2 weeks? I thoguht it would be a 8 - 10 week wait for custom orders. Also I can't believe the duty you had to pay on that. I'm thinking I should just have them shipped to a UPS in grand forks and pick up / install them there lol.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
First how fast did I get them? One week. Jeff had recd the colour I wanted in his last order I believe. Anyhow I sent money on a Sat. He mailed them the next Tues and I recd them in one week ( We used USPS not UPS).

Install - well they are not easy. By that I mean not a 5 - 10 minute job. A lot of pulling and tugging to get the bottom of front seats snug. The outside bottom portion will fit down behind plastic if you keep at it. The lace string was a mystery on the inner sides. I just dropped it down and to the back. No idea how it was to go in. I believe these are only used/intended to get the cover snug and the straps hold it in place. I doubt if there will be much movement if any.

Now to my eye they look quite smooth with no wrinkles but they do look a bit cockeyed. What I mean is they are not a 100% straight. The front is just a tad turned to the middle compare to the back. I am talking about the seat portion not the back portion. It is ony noticable to the person installing it as at first glance they look just fine.

The backs and headrests are easier well for an old fart. My thumbs are sore from pushing the material down around the plastic at base of head rests.

My one booboo was the arm rest. There is a zipper on it. You slide it on and leave the zipper open til you get it screwed back on then zip it up. I had proceded to make a small hole in the vinyl thinking the screw and cap went on after. The hole I made with screw driver is hardly noticeable.

So today is back seat. If I run into any problems I will let you know.

I was thinking I hardly use or ever have anyone in the backseat. With my dark tint you do not see the back. Heck can hardly see front seats. Anyhow I could like have gotten away with just doing the fronts. Hmm can you buy just the fronts?

Now I can get a haircut. Being old my hair has turned white for some reason. Let me tell you after a haircut it shows up well on the original seats material and does not vacuum.

bill

PS Bi-focals and old body makes for interesting install so no I will not do yours.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
The second part. Installed the rears this morning.

Use the plastic sheets to cover the old seats and head rests and roll the new ones a bit. It makes it so much easier to slip them on.

I had three head rest covers left from yesterday. Yup they are all rears and all label as such BUT one is different. It is the center one and you will note the posts are off center. So is the cover so look for it. It will save you trying to put that cover on one of the outside headrests.
The seat belts are a bitch period. THey have elastic material wrapped around them to prevent them from falling through when you raise the seat. You have to take elastic stuff off and pull it through the slot in the cover. I managed but somehow when I raise the seat now one of the buckles wants to drop below. I will fiddle with it.

The back covers went on rather easy. They were not quite as tight so were easy to manouver over the headrests holes. If you tip the seat ahead a bit it is easier to push the tabs through to rear. Velcro fastens real easy. The side zippers in the middle worked well.

The covers did not fit around the latches though. Just a hole. I did not see how they could be pushed under the plastic. A rather unfinished look there. I may be missing something. Jeff can you help? Same thing with the slots in the rear of the backs where the hooks are for cargo net?

Overall not that hard really. My fingers will be more sore tomorrow. The cuts and scrapes on back of my hand will heal. There are some sharp edges along the bottom of the rear seat backs/floor - be careful. I am prone to leaving a bit of DNA at the jobsite.

bill

I LIKE MY CLAZZIOs

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Blacks3sr you make me laugh... funny old guy! heh!

I did not think of putting the plastic covers, because it was not mentioned in the manual. (or maybe I missed it). The covers still went on with a little bit of work, but nothing out of the ordinary for the middle-aged guy that I am.

The cover is cut as a hole around the latches. Its the only part of the entire set that I thought did not live up to the overall quality... at least some stitching there would have been nice. I feel it just *may* rip eventually. Let's hope not.

Seatbelts: it explains this in the instructions. You need to remove the elastic like you did... then put it back on EXACTLY in the same orientation. I looked carefully before removing, and put them on the right way, and they still work fine when folding the seats. I messed up on one and 'wrapped' the elastic incorrectly and it did not work right, then I realized and corrected it. By the way, one of the elastics came from factory with double loop. (know what I mean? You wrap a loop twice, not just once...) This makes a difference. I think it was the seat behind the driver's side. Good luck!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justintime
Blacks3sr you make me laugh... funny old guy! heh!

I did not think of putting the plastic covers, because it was not mentioned in the manual. (or maybe I missed it). The covers still went on with a little bit of work, but nothing out of the ordinary for the middle-aged guy that I am.

The cover is cut as a hole around the latches. Its the only part of the entire set that I thought did not live up to the overall quality... at least some stitching there would have been nice. I feel it just *may* rip eventually. Let's hope not.

Seatbelts: it explains this in the instructions. You need to remove the elastic like you did... then put it back on EXACTLY in the same orientation. I looked carefully before removing, and put them on the right way, and they still work fine when folding the seats. I messed up on one and 'wrapped' the elastic incorrectly and it did not work right, then I realized and corrected it. By the way, one of the elastics came from factory with double loop. (know what I mean? You wrap a loop twice, not just once...) This makes a difference. I think it was the seat behind the driver's side. Good luck!
Some stitching would have been nice. as you say at some point one or both will get ripped.

Seatbelts + me does not =l exactly. Yes there was that double loop one too. It is the red latchable one one the driver's side that falls through. Once the aches and pains go away I will try again.

Well I sort of figured out the plastic when I saw so much of it. Also when my wife had her first hip replaced a nurse suggested putting a garbage bag on the van seat to assist her is sliding in and out. I notice with the covers it is easier to get my fat azz centered in the seat. I don't have to raise myself up using armrest. Speaking of armrest what the heck did they torque that bolt too? Must be 1000 lbs.

Here is the old guy and the young thing at the dealer when we picked it up. I let her drive the van home. I took the Fit for a 60 mile run one way to race slot cars before I got home.
Name:  July82009.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  51.7 KB

Old 10-28-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Nice pic there Bill ;-)

I'm glad you got them on--I'm waiting on my extra money to come in from keeping the score at the volleyball games here at school and then I'll be able to purchase my own. I'm sure your hints/tidbits will help a great deal.

Thanks!
Amanda

Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
ordered. let me know when you mail it out. thanks jeff.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Nice pic there Bill ;-)

I'm glad you got them on--I'm waiting on my extra money to come in from keeping the score at the volleyball games here at school and then I'll be able to purchase my own. I'm sure your hints/tidbits will help a great deal.

Thanks!
Amanda
Thanks Amanda. In the meantime work on building up arm strength or get a guy with muscles to help put them on.

bill

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Amanda. In the meantime work on building up arm strength or get a guy with muscles to help put them on.

bill
LOL...how do you know I'm not Ms. Fitness USA? Eh, eh?!

I've been on the gym just workin' on my fitness!

Well, we'll see...I like to do things myself, if I can't get it...there is an upholstery shop up the road. We'll see.

Thanks, Bill

Old 10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
You mean I could have hired you then?

I got sore fingers this morning. I doubt if gym would have helped me.

bill

Quick Reply: GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers