Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justintime
Makes me wonder if my earlier post got missed? I uploaded several pictures in different lighting for you all to see how the different panels/fabrics matched up on the 2009 Fit!

post https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/727195-post168.html

oh haha yea i saw it. thanks for the pics! it looks great! haha but since jeff is close to me i kinda wanna see it just layed on top of my seat.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
All PMs replied to (I think?). I'll be firing up the SLR for pictures today... the battery charger for my point and shoot is taking too long =[

Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RMS-Jeff
All PMs replied to (I think?). I'll be firing up the SLR for pictures today... the battery charger for my point and shoot is taking too long =[
Any chance on ordering up a couple sets of the all-pvc black, black, with blue stitching? I think I like that combination the best.

I don't really want to pay more for the leather, and the holes in the leather kind of defeat the purpose (for me) of having a seat cover. Liquid has a tendency to go right through holes.

Although the seat will be hotter, without the holes.

The savings of getting all-pvc means I could get the nifty blue-trim auto shifter and steering wheel cover.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Any chance on ordering up a couple sets of the all-pvc black, black, with blue stitching? I think I like that combination the best.

I don't really want to pay more for the leather, and the holes in the leather kind of defeat the purpose (for me) of having a seat cover. Liquid has a tendency to go right through holes.

Although the seat will be hotter, without the holes.

The savings of getting all-pvc means I could get the nifty blue-trim auto shifter and steering wheel cover.
I'll order a few in (hopefully I made the cut off for this month). The all-pvc is also perforated in the center though.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
After lagging it for the longest time (sorry).

Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
lol that set looks familiar :P

Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Jeff, PM sent for purchase

Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Jeff, PM sent for purchase
Me too. I was first. LOL!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
After having them for a week, I finally installed them (no pics yet), I have to say the install was a lot easier than I expected, some sore fingers, but overall relatively easy, the headrests were the hardest cause the fitment was real tight.

It's easily one of my favorite mods I've done yet. It really changes the whole appearance of the car, and the feel. The extra padding on the seat back perfectly supports my lower back (I have a herniated disc), also the seat cushion lifts me up a little, not much but enough to adjust the seat the way I want it combined with steering wheel height placement. Before, the way I had it (steering wheel quite low) I couldn't see the top of the speedometer, now everything is perfect.

Thanks again Jeff!!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
So for anyone who has bought the leather (with and without inserts), installed, and now been using them for awhile: Is there a noticeable difference in the comfort of the seat? Does the material hold it's shape, or are you constantly having to adjust them. After you've been sitting on them for a while do you notice that they are wrinkled when you get in the car? I'm really liking the blue stitching and considering buying a set myself.

Question for the vendor: Can i get this style: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/653594-post56.html in my 09 GE Fit with Blue stitching and Blue or Black trim?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by G0dXilla
So for anyone who has bought the leather (with and without inserts), installed, and now been using them for awhile: Is there a noticeable difference in the comfort of the seat? Does the material hold it's shape, or are you constantly having to adjust them. After you've been sitting on them for a while do you notice that they are wrinkled when you get in the car? I'm really liking the blue stitching and considering buying a set myself.

Question for the vendor: Can i get this style: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/653594-post56.html in my 09 GE Fit with Blue stitching and Blue or Black trim?
Shows the options here for you:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...tml#post680626

Cross stitching is all-PVC

So it looks like you could have the all black with blue stitching. If you get them, of course we all want to see PICTURES!!! That would be a knock-out in a Blue Sensation car.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not familiar with PVC as an upholstery fabric. Is it as hardy and durable as leather? Does it stain? Does it get insanely hot in the heat? Any details about that would be great. Also, I hate to burst your bubble about but I'm riding TBM.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not familiar with PVC as an upholstery fabric. Is it as hardy and durable as leather? Does it stain? Does it get insanely hot in the heat? Any details about that would be great. Also, I hate to burst your bubble about but I'm riding TBM.
PVC = Vinyl.

Bounce Armchair - by Zuo Modern - Fantastic Modern Armchair - PVC Upholstery - StacksAndStacks.com

Anything black in the sun will get hot. I always enjoyed the crackling sound of my thighs frying like pork rinds on the black leather interior I had in a former car.

Black vinyl was just as sizzling, in another car I had.

Black fabric, black plastic, black paint, it all gets hot in the sun.

Solutions include a front windshield sun screen (I got mine from my Honda dealer). Window tint. The old "t-shirt in the window" trick. Or t-shirt draped over the seat.

If you wanted to lighten it up, you could try the gray all over, with black stitching and black piping. That would give you some contrast, sort of looking like the drawing image. The dark stitching and piping would really stand out.

Because the Honda accessories already have blue stitching, it would look great in the black with blue stitching in any color car. And there is a bit of blue in both the Base and Sport fabric already.

Vinyl doesn't generally stain, spills should wipe right off. But the stitching could stain or bleach out. Vinyl can melt, if you put something burning on it. So don't spill burning stuff on the seats.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member

I have had my installed since June. I noticed the difference in the comfort of the seat right off the bat. Maybe because I had a 3 hour drive home, but the trip was more comfortable home than it was to my sons house who helped me install them. I have not had to adjust them since they were installed, I expected to after a week or so but they look just the same today as they did when they were installed. I have not noticed them getting wrinkled either. It changes the whole feel of the car, I actually felt like the car was brand new again. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Justintime, Handymus, whichever of you gets the gray leather with gray stitching and black PVC sides, I have GOT to see pictures!

I'm now considering what I suggested for G0dXilla, all gray with black piping and black cross stitching. I have a Taffeta White base, and think the gray interior would really lighten up the interior, while the black piping helps it to blend with the black lower plastics.

And the cross-stitching reminds me of plaid/tartan. Which I totally dig.

edit add-on, found an image showing a gray seat with black piping:

oops, link to just the zoom picture doesn't work, uh, it's this one:
Toyota Landcriuser 1991-1994
On this page:
http://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchant...&pl=&ph=&char=

Here's the dinky pic:

Think that would look good in a base white 09 fit? In the Clazzio with the cross stitching? Or would it look stupid?

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 09-11-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Can we get an update as to what's in stock?

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
What's the chance on getting the suede centers with the cross-stitching pattern?
Originally Posted by RMS-Jeff
It's currently being worked on. They pattern is being created for the suede and submitted to the factory to see if the machine can do it properly. It shouldn't be an issue, but it will take time to make sure it's fine. It will be an option in a month or so IF it's accepted by the factory.
Hey Jeff,

Did you ever get word back if you can get cross stitch done on the suede or perf leather inner?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
I received my set, they are installed. It is the one above... the black with grey interior and grey stitching. This thing looks like it was MEANT for this car. The color (duotone black.grey) is absolutely the way to go, because it matches the dutotone dash perfectly. The grey stitch is identical to the stitching on the OEM center console I had installed earlier this year.

Wife is in for a big surprise in a few minutes when she sees this, let's wait and see. I have the feeling she may not like leather overall (I think once she mentioned this), but I figured I'd try and surprise her and see if she likes the material/feel etc. THE LOOKS ARE KILLER.

If she doesn't want them, I'll remove them, post here and sell them at cost. These currently have a long wait because they are custom order (I think!) Send me a PM for 'dibs' if you think you'd want them. I'm still crossing fingers that wife likes them!

Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Justintime, Handymus, whichever of you gets the gray leather with gray stitching and black PVC sides, I have GOT to see pictures!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I received my set, they are installed. It is the one above... the black with grey interior and grey stitching. This thing looks like it was MEANT for this car. The color (duotone black.grey) is absolutely the way to go, because it matches the dutotone dash perfectly. The grey stitch is identical to the stitching on the OEM center console I had installed earlier this year.

Wife is in for a big surprise in a few minutes when she sees this, let's wait and see. I have the feeling she may not like leather overall (I think once she mentioned this), but I figured I'd try and surprise her and see if she likes the material/feel etc. THE LOOKS ARE KILLER.

If she doesn't want them, I'll remove them, post here and sell them at cost. These currently have a long wait because they are custom order (I think!) Send me a PM for 'dibs' if you think you'd want them. I'm still crossing fingers that wife likes them!
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!pls

Old 09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pbz08gd3
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!pls
Agreed.

Must have pictures. Need more pictures. I want pictures!

Quick Reply: GI: Fit 07-08, 09+ Clazzio Seat Covers