Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
I will be working on that tomorrow

Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
i have a feeling we're gonna be waiting on this for a long time.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Banned
Why would you? Their ready to sell lol. There are 2 other threads about the same product from me. If you check those you'll see more updates and tonight I will try to post some pictures of some garnishes I brought home with me.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Banned
Im just dropping you guys some pictures of more garnishes. This week I plan to send out a few starting with vtec. I wanted to last week but didn't get around to it. And hopefully fitcapo can make it down to pick up his garnishes. 2 other guys ordered which I will be getting around to their orders this week and Im still waiting on the 09 panel vtec but im not getting any replies :-/

All is going pretty well though

Name:  IMG_0470.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0471.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0462.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  37.4 KB

Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
They're coming along fine, I see.

I can't hardly wait!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned
I cant wait to see pictures ^^^

Old 01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned
Alright guys after fighting with myself on and off about this i have the new price finalized for the badgeless garnish w or with out wiper.

$69.99!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
When do we get the 09 garnish!!!! Sorry for all of the ! i'm just very excited.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned
No need for apologies

VtecFit said he was sending me a 09 fit panel I'm just wondering where it is or where he is As soon as I get that panel Ill have a prototype and mold finished with in a few days.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
ahhhh $70! sweet yo Friday I'm dead serious. I'll take it right to a shop and have them spray it. Also, post up a quick little DIY on how to remove the wiper and garnish and put the badgeless/wiperless garnish on. Or I'll look up about the wiper.

Can anyone look up in the Fit bible how to remove the garnish?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned
Fitcapo said he'd do a DIY when he comes over. You know well take pics and all. But I was thinkin a video would be pretty kool. I would also include a step by step instruction sheet that you would want to give to your painter so he can make sure everything is fine. You know...

The simple things you do when ever you get a fiberglass part no matter what it is.

Major imperfections such as big chips and cracks are fixed before boxed but be sure to check for.

minor imperfections (fix if needed)
Sand surface
primer
paint.
wet sand, buff and polish if needed.

But like I was saying. For every part I make I want to have an instructional video. Not a dvd in every box lol thats expensive, but like a youtube video on the site.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
that would be totally awesome. You could make it with fitcapo it would be perfect!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't have a anything that can record video so I personally can't do a vid diy unless Ikona has one. I just planned on doing a step by step photo diy. I wouldn't mind helping do the vid diy tho doesn't matter to me. Ohh Ikona I have off till friday now so whenevery you want to meet up. Can't wait to get my stuff

Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Alright update from me. I meet up with Ikona today again and I have good and bad news again :/

Good news is that I got my grille and it looks amazing. Don't have it on the car yet but will have it on by Monday and will get some pics then too.

Bad news is the swiveling bolts didn't work out. When the bolts where tightened down it still pulled the garnish down to leave a larger gap above the garnish. So the only thing holding the garnishes back seems to being able to get them to bolt up to the fit perfectly. Everything is awesome so far quality is great the paint job was awesome everything. Unfortunately we tried to brain storm some but ran out of time( the shop closes at 5 ). We actually held them up at the shop 30 minutes late. Ikona is going to try a couple things out and I will plan to make my way back down to meet up with him again to make sure it all works out.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I don't really think the real issue about this has been addressed on this thread yet. The issue is that there is not a precision manufacturing process to ensure a quality piece. That was my concern from the beginning of following this and it seems like my suspicions are being confirmed.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Banned
its not an issue of quality the issue is people never even got there product and he would constantly tel them "oh yeah it'll be ready soon" or "yeah its going out today or tomorrow" stuff like that and they NEVER received them. So at this point the quality is not the issue being addressed its that he simply is taking peoples money and running.

He even stated he is taking the money he supposedly doesn't have (btw ikona you look like you're doing quite well for yourself here) and is working on new products instead of refunding people. That irritates me to NO end.

BTW Ikona you never answered my question - why are you working on new products with money you cried about not having and yet still haven''t refunded people you f'ed over? hmm..? you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself

Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
it does seem he's never denied not paying some of the scion people. it's never too late to do so, so ethically he's gotta be in question. that bother anyone else?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned
I used what I had left because if I gave what I had left id have nothing anymore, and would have no room to start and id be stuck in one place. If I used what I had I can make a new start which I did and keep going. Yes it caused the refunds to be delayed a little more but id rather delay it and get them their money either way and have another shot, then to give money and end it. Enough said I'm not arguing or answering this question anymore. I answered it several times on several threads.

Anyways... The adjustable bolts didnt work as I expected them to, they would work but there wuld need to be a stopper under the garnish that would keep it from shifting but thats no good because thats just adding extra hardware that shouldnt need to be there.

Im working on a few other ideas and worst comes to worse this will have to be attatched another way than how the OEM one is attached. The problem isnt that the garnish doesnt fit because every one Ive made so far fits perfeclty. The issue is if the bolts are off by 1mm the garnish wont sit perfectly flush and I dont want to give something out that would remind you guys of ebay body kits. Because we all know ebay body kits never fit well and I dont want that to be thought of when you guys get the garnish.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Banned
Why do you guys need to bring the drama here? Unless your intentionally trying to ruin me its not going to work because this is the 4th or 5th time scion people try to come here and do this and the fit owners are understanding enough to pay little mind to you guys.

YES they've been warned (3 times already) but now you guys are just trying to bring drama and such to this forum. I've talked to you several times and have kept in touch with you through all of this dave and you are a 2 face. Your understanding and everything in PMs but you just try to put on a show on the forums.

The first few guys to come here to simply kindly warn people about the mistakes ive made before is totally kool, understandable, and that was fine because its fair. But you guys who chose to follow me around on forum to forum and harass me is a whole other thing. If I cant get a little help from the mods Im going to have to go higher to get some help with some of you guys.

Last edited by iKONA636; 01-18-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned
Allright well Ill be sending you a PM sometime this new work week. Everybody els though! I need a local (08 fit owner) to make a mold of his hatch. Any volunteers will get half off on a panel and Ill only need you for a few hrs. PM me if interested!

Quick Reply: GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle