Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I will be bringing my camera so hopefully I can get pics of everything he has so far. He should read this here so he should see that you want to see some more pics I will also let him know when I see him.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned
Good news! Great news guys! Today fitcapo came over to test fit the garnish and so we can make a mold of his hatch so that every garnish can be test fitted for perfection. Everything went better then planned. The scrap prototype (The prototype model that is made just to test the mold and then thrown out) fits near perfectly, edges align just right, and the only problem with that was the sides werent super flush only because I didnt shave the sides to be thinner only because it was a prototype and it didnt have to be perfect. The mold of his hatch went 10x better than expected and now each garnish that is made will be test fitted and assured that the studs will fit in the holes perfectly.

All in all a very good day, much progress, the garnishes are ready to sell since we are know assured that the mold is ready to use for production, and hopefully when he has time he will post pictures. He took several pictures of the progress and fitment.

If anybody would like to order Id have your garnishes out by early next week.

Production starts Thursday and it would take 2 - 3 days to have a garnish completed, 4 - 5 days for completion of a painted one.

CF will be available as well.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Alright here we go.

The piece he had ready was the first prototype piece which for being just a quick prototype fit amazingly well. As he stated the only spots were it was a little off was on the edges were it needed to be thinned out. The quality looks pretty good and it looks more than strong enough. The prototype piece is a little thing I think atm but he has told me the final production pieces are going to be two layers which is the prototype piece plus another layer of fiberglass weave which will be the equivalent of two more layers. Hopefully everything goes well and without any issues like weather etc... I will be able to make my way back to his place this saturday to try out a final production piece on my car that way we can absolutely sure the mold we made is a perfect match after bolts are on.

Now for pics....

This is the prototype piece taped to the car pre primer after sanding
Name:  rearpreprimer.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  92.2 KB

Here is a closer picture of the corner and the middle of the piece
Name:  corner.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  81.5 KB
Name:  middle.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  99.6 KB

This is a picture of the underside of the pice when tapped to the car after it has been primed
Name:  underside.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  73.4 KB

Here is a pic of the piece taped the car post primer
Name:  Postprimer.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  73.4 KB

This is a picture of the backside of the prototype piece
Name:  Backside.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  55.4 KB

This is a picture of the mold for the rear garnish
Name:  Mold.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  85.1 KB

Now when I was there he needed to make a mold of the hatch where the garnish connects that way he can have an exact replica of the car to make sure every piece that is made will fit to the car.

Here are pics of the process for that

Cleaned rear hatch applied a alcohol based sealant to prevent the paint from being damage when mold is removed and tapped off areas to not have to worry about dripping.
Name:  Rearprep1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  48.6 KB

Applied fiberglass
Name:  Fiberglasson.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  76.3 KB

Finished mold
Name:  Reversemold.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  74.4 KB

The mold he made of the back of my car is spot on replica and came out very very clean.

I am sure he will correct anything I may have called the wrong name etc... but all in all I am very impressed so far and hope to do my final blessing by saturday.

Can't wait to have this on my car

Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
holy crap you two are awesome!!!! Should be a business venture for both of you maybe lol. I'm 10000x more convinced that he won't **** us like he did the scion guys. You have no idea how much I appreciate you having taken the time to do this and make sure everything's legit. Plus now you know where he lives in case the same thing happens, so I'm betting it won't! By the way I'm not looking forward to moving north where my car will be so cold all the time

Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned
Fitcapo you got everything right

Thanks for the comments trancedsailor! And I didn't purposely mean to f over a few people on the SL forums. I just made mistakes

If anybody wants to order Ill be accepting 2 orders of garnishes right now that will be completed by early next week and shipped. I also will be working on the two for fitcapo and vtecfit1 as they are the two guys who helped me with this. I couldn't have launched this product with out them. Thanks!

Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
after fitcapo and vtecfit1 both say they got theirs, I'll be more than happy to send you my money

Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
so is each one of these pieces going to potentially have varying quality? how do they attach? is there a waterproofing issue for the license plate lights? and how do you accidentally *F* someone over? couldn't you have just UN-F-ed them over by just giving their money back???

Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned
Each one will have the same excellent quality. They attatch with 5 studs instead of clips. All you do is put the garnish in and the studs go through the holes. Then put a 10mm bolt in from behind. This all will be provided in the purchase. Waterproofing will be done. the OEM garnishes have foam going all around the sides, Mine will too.

LONG STORY SHORT SINCE IT WAS ALREADY EXPLAINED I started a group buy for 30 garnishes. 22 went well, and after that the last started taking a long time to be finalized. Many of the orders were core exchanges. I send them one finished, they send me the stock one afterword, and I refund them the core charge. A few times I refunded the core charge once I saw the tracking number, they got the money back but I never got a garnish. USPS FTL. So I had no garnish or money to refund or even order new parts to send it to the waiting customers. That happened at the same time when I was really struggling to pay bills since I had allot of bills a few months ago. Im now slowley refunding the remainging 2 - 3 people out of the 30 group buy. In here so that I can rebuild the business. And as people have seen Ive taken many steps to assure that this wont happen again. Not only that fitcapo ( a respected moderator of the site ) came over yesterday and test fitted everything and saw first hand that its all legit.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
will you write up a DIY guide with pics on installation? I won't be able to just figure it out on my own lol I need the Fit Service Manual for real.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned
Yeah no problem. Hopefully Ill have Fitcapos ready to come pick up on Saturday and we can do a picture DIY of installing since it installs somewhat differently than the stock Honda one. Its very easy. I turned around and came back and fitcapo already had it all taken apart haha. It takes about 5 min from what I saw to take the old one off.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
It is very simple once I get my final piece I can do a write up on how to remove your old one and put on the new one np.

ohhh yeah just thought I would mention I am typing this on my brand new mac book WOOT!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned
Bump! Updated list.

1. Fitcapo(w/o emblem painted nhbp)
2. trancedsailor (w/o emblem w/o wiper)
3. Fit of Rage - Carbon Fiber (if produced in CF)
4. petwhookie (W/o wiper & emblem)
5. Fitting(w/o emblem & wiper painted ssm)
6. vtecfit1 (w/o emblem w/o wiper no paint)
7. Luichenwai (w/o emblem painted VBP)
8. felixy69 (w/o emblem unpainted)

Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned
ALL GARNISH ORDERS PLACED BEFORE CHRISTMAS EVE WILL GET AN ADDITIONAL $20 OFF! SALE PRICES BELOW!

UNPAINTED
Badgeless $69.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $59.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless $129.99 (no sale on cf)
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless $119.99 (no sale on cf)

PAINTED
Badgeless $89.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $99.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless (Clear Coated) $149.99 (no sale on cf)
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless (Clear Coated) $139.99 (no sale on cf)

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iKONA636
ALL GARNISH ORDERS PLACED BEFORE CHRISTMAS EVE WILL GET AN ADDITIONAL $20 OFF! SALE PRICES BELOW!

UNPAINTED
Badgeless $69.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $59.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless $129.99 (no sale on cf)
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless $119.99 (no sale on cf)

PAINTED
Badgeless $89.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $99.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless (Clear Coated) $149.99 (no sale on cf)
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless (Clear Coated) $139.99 (no sale on cf)

thats a great price. to bad you don't have any for GE's cause i would
pay right now for one.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned
Oh but there is a GI thread for the 2009 in the Gauging Interest section! ! Allow me to point you towards it with a PM.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
any pics of the CF one?

and can u get the cf in different colors?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
no wiperless with badge?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fitster
any pics of the CF one?

and can u get the cf in different colors?
No pictures yet of CF but I can do any color as long as the customer pays the difference if there is one.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
no wiperless with badge?
I could do that but I dont have any molds of one like that since its not an in demand option. That would be more of a custom one where you would order a new one or send me yours and I would shave and fill the the wiper mount and then refinish the garnish. Color match wouldn't be a problem because then I would have the color to match it to right there on the other half of the piece where its not even touched.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Alright update.

Going to meet up with Ikona again on this upcoming Weds or Thurs hopefully to get my finished piece. Will also be leaving my grille with him.

Quick Reply: GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle