Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:30 AM
hopefully once he has one made i will get a chance to drive down and have him test fit it on the car and if its cool with him then i can take some pics and post them up here.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 AM
Banned
Update!!! Bahaha!

Ok guys so I was waiting all day for the garnish and nothing. So I was like cmon where is the UPS guy. I fell asleep and woke up and it was 8. So I was like damn I probably missed him. I looked outside and tehre was no package but I saw a package across teh street at the house that was being remodeled because of fire damage. I was like why do they have a package? So I ran over there to see if it was mine accdentally so it turns out it was. I grabbed it and ran!

When I opend it I was suprised on how big it was. At least 35% bigger than the ones I do for the scion tC. I emediatley taped it up and outlined where to cut and then I cut out the center. I then grinded the sides and added the fiberglass base and and now letting it dry over night so that I can finish the surface tomorrow and primer it. If things go well then Ill have finished product pictures tomorow afternoon/evening and if thigns go better then that Ill start the mold tomorrow night. If not Wednsday morning.

Here are pictures of my progress. I know many of you saw the bad rep Ive had over the psat few months but like I said I am working to fix everything even though some is taking longer to fix than others but hopefully this will show more proof that I am legit.

Again I dont know exact prices but I do have the plans I will be doing for this.

Debadged w/ wiper
Debadged w/out wiper
Debadged w/ wiper carbon fiber (after Im certain I can do it)
Debadged w/out wiper carbon fiber

Im not promising a carbon fiber version since I dont have much experiance with carbon fiber but its not much different than fiberglass. The only problem is air bubbles on the face and having it conform to all the corners and edges. Which shouldnt be hard since the panel is basically one flat piece.

Tomorrow Ill have finished product pictures for you guys

Name:  123009.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  123011.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  123014.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  123019.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  52.4 KB

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Banned
Im just bringing the GI list to the front. Add your names if your interested so I have an idea of how many I should make of what after I become a vendor/sponsor.

1. Fitcapo(w/o emblem painted nhbp)
2. trancedsailor (w/o emblem w/o wiper)
3. Fit of Rage - Carbon Fiber (if produced in CF)
4. petwhookie (W/o wiper & emblem)
5. Fitting(w/o emblem & wiper painted ssm)
6. vtecfit1 (w/o emblem w/o wiper no paint)
7. Luichenwai (w/o emblem painted VBP)
8. felixy69 (w/o emblem unpainted)
9.09blackfit (W/o emblem unpainted)

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
awesome! Didn't waste any time I see

Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned
^NOPE! Not at all haha. I also thought it would be best to continue breathing afterwards haha

So I finished the panel and am putting on the primer right now! Pics coming later tonight.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
sweet can't wait.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned
Tada! here are the pictures I promised. Sorry it took so long to get these up. In the morning ill sand it, prime it again, then sand it, wet sand it, and then start laying up the mold. After the mold is finished I will remove the the wiper part and do it over again.

Name:  IMG_0333.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  21.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0332.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0331.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  30.9 KB

Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
WOW!!! Looks gorgeous man! I like you now sand the wiperplug ;D I'm totally anxious for this yo!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned
I will as soon as I make a mold of this one for those who want the wiper

Last edited by iKONA636; 11-20-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned
I just sent an email to internet brands which are the owners of this website so that I can see how I can go about becoming a vendor / sponsor asap! Ill keep you guys posted as well as pictures of progress on the mold and replicas I create from the mold. I plan to have a replica done for this week to invite a test fitter over.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
sick dude, sick progress. You're doing a great deed here, friend

Old 11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
sick dude, sick progress. You're doing a great deed here, friend
Thank you! Im just waiting on a response.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Banned
Well guys! Monday I will become the new supporting vendor of fitfreak.net

I have to call again monday to have everything setup and finalized

Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Sweet! I'm sure once a few of us start throwing pics up of this piece installed, you will get way more customers!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
i-kona! any update?? any pics of panel without the wiper hole?, i'd like to see the mold too?
is there anyone near i-kona that can drop by and show him how the panel mounts? (this means pull off the inside hatch garnish piece so that the bolt and clips that hold the panel can be seen) when taking the two small round clips off at the bottom of the inside hatch garnish, the center of the clip needs to be pushed in to release the clip tention and then the clip can be taken out.

i'm just looking forward to this piece getting done and haven't heard much in a couple days

Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
Right now all I did was sand and reprimer and ill show pics of that tonight. Other then that I dont have the mold yet but will start it tomorrow. I was going to late last week but then I had to take care of a few other things one includeing talking to my lawyer because Im giving up my car so that I have mor emoney for the business . Its woth it thogh.

Tomorrow Il have a mold done, tuesday Ill start the replica otu of the mold, and wednsday itl be ready to test fit.

Im talking to fitcapo and hes willing to take the drive down from Wisconsin to test fit the panel

So if all goes well I should have pictures of the test fit by late wednsday night / thursday. And a final product ready to sell by friday. So I plan to take 2/3 orders next week but no more.

Other then that after I create the mold and I see a replica comes out niceley then I will shave the original garnish here so that I can create a mold for the wiperless garnish. By mid next week I should have that ready to sell.

I will betaking orders next week for badgeless and wiperless ones for the same price even though I wont have a wiperless mold version, but I can do the wiperless manually bu grinding down the wiper port and fiberglassing over that. It would be the same quality and same guarantee.

Tomorrow I shoud have vendor status. The manager of vendor/sponsor rights and I talked last week and at first I wasnt going to be a sponsor because I thought the price was a little out there. But he encouraged me and gave me some good words and right now theres nothing more I want to do tomorrow then become a vendor

Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM
nice nice man do you know how much it'll be for badge/wiper-less panel?

Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned
I have the prices worked out to be the following...

UNPAINTED
Badgeless $89.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $79.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless $129.99
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless $119.99

PAINTED
Badgeless $129.99
Badgeless/Wiperless $119.99
Carbon Fiber badgeless (Clear Coated) $149.99
Carbon Fiber Badgeless/Wiperless (Clear Coated) $139.99

(Keep in mind that most companies dont have the optionn to clear the CF especially at a cost of only$20 dollars which is cheaper than most shops.)

All paint will be guaranteed for life as well as satisfaction.

If anybody thinks the prices are high compared to the stock panel then please take into considerationon that I have to make these myself and each one takes 2 days to make. 1 day to make the actual panel, and 1 day to put the studs on so they dry to the point where they wont shift. Three extra days if they needed to be painted. One day to prep and paint, the other day to wet sand buff and polish, then the 3rd day to let it sit so the paint hardens some more before being wrapped and shipped. When Honda makes theirs, they press a button and can make and paint several in a day. Prices might increase by $5 - 10 depending on how hard it actually is but Id rather keep it cheaper for Fitfreak.net members

Last edited by iKONA636; 11-24-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Lets do this!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned
Oh his will be done! haha

I talked to the management of InternetBrandz and they sent me the contract to sign. all I have to do is wait for my paypal transfer to clear and hopefully by the end of this week Ill be able to start taking orders . I was hoping today but I didnt know they dont accept paypal e check transfers. They wanted it right away. Which is totally understandable.

Quick Reply: GI - Badgeless Trunk Handle