Sept. Lollicup Meet!!!! COME OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Added your name Jayne.
Im back on my yellow wheels again. One of my Eurosports got a nail in it, I had my friend fix it and the balance machine F-ed my paint.
So Im back on yellows.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Added your name Jayne.
Im back on my yellow wheels again. One of my Eurosports got a nail in it, I had my friend fix it and the balance machine F-ed my paint.
So Im back on yellows.

damn man that sucks, btw the name is huey, hue doesn't matter call whichever. but yea ill be there ill give you a call. i might be there with some people if you dont mind ( hooked up black xb, 08 gti, and some others might go)

Old 09-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Great stuff! I love those GTIs!! My friend with the RSX will be bringing a white on white RSX-S turbo. Its really nice.

Yea, the wheel problem sucks. I like my yellow wheels, they have a bit of a vibration (due to no centering rings) and the tires dont let me take corners like I love but they look good. (To me)
I might throw the blue ones back on. Its not THAT bad. Has a ring in the middle.

Your name, its pronounced like HU-E? Or is it another way?

ONE more day peoples!! Clean up them cars! Even if its raining!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member

ONE more day peoples!! Clean up them cars! Even if its raining!!!
I didn't see this thread intill now but I cleaned my car and stuff earlier today and it rained. lol

Old 09-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by RickyGoshDarn
I didn't see this thread intill now but I cleaned my car and stuff earlier today and it rained. lol
Very last minute huhh? Be nice if you showed but like I said, last minute.

I was planning on doing a quick rinse and dry, then wax tonight. Its still raining.
I really dont want to do it before the meet but I guess I'll have too. Ill probably just get lazy and do a quick wash.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Very last minute huhh? Be nice if you showed but like I said, last minute.

I was planning on doing a quick rinse and dry, then wax tonight. Its still raining.
I really dont want to do it before the meet but I guess I'll have too. Ill probably just get lazy and do a quick wash.
Yeah, I'm thinking about going. But I been doing ALOT of driving lately, went to ATL for nopi last weekend then going to Nashville next weekend.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Smile I spent all day . . .

. . . washing, drying, clay-barring, Menzerna Final Polish II-ing (and having to remove any remaining residue with their Acrylic Gloss quick detail spray), and then hitting the beastie with a coat of Menzerna FMJ.

All this in between sharing baby-watching chores with the husband who was (a) test driving file recovery software, to try to rescue some old resumes off a hard drive he accidentally re-partitioned (oops) and (b) tearing apart our washer, which broke, and realizing that for $200 for needed parts, and the trouble to repair it, we should buy a new one.

So, it was off to Appliance Direct, in my nice, shiny car . . . which got rained on while we were there! I did my best to wipe off the water with my (still rather sodden) microfiber towel (which would have been washed and dried by then, if the washer hadn't broken). I may hit it with some quick detail spray tomorrow, since I have some water spots.

The new washer will be delivered on Monday.

So, no clean windows or vacuuming, or interior wipe up, unless I feel like it tomorrow - and I may not, since I knelt on a small rock and (I think) bruised my knee.

BTW, the separate polishing is a pain, however the FMJ went on easy, and wiped off like a dream. The finish feels like silk, and even if it is a synthetic, there was quite nice water beading. I may apply another coat, and on the Fit Care forum will let you all know if FMJ does really make love bug removal easier.0

I almost forgot, my JDM door sills from A-J Racing arrived yesterday, and I installed them today after the wash, using the excellent instructions found elsewhere on this site. They look great! The silver plastic is even better looking in person.

Last edited by golly; 09-22-2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: forgot about the door sills!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I'll more than likely (80%) be heading out there with a friend and his CRX, and i've got a (basically) bone stock '08 SSM that i'll be riding out in...

Looking forward to meeting some of you! I come from a very long-term background in the Honda CRX community... i'm an administrator of the largest CRX site anywhere (The CRX Community :: Index), so i'm no newbie to the fun that can be had with small fun cars like the Fit... i can't wait to really start messing with mine!

Anyway, can't wait! It should be fun

Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Nice to see more people are wanting to join in. The weather looks a little.... well, UGH. I really hope it doesnt rain, even if it does it normally still goes on.
I remember last time I went the weather was clear but cloudy. Sure enough it started to pour.

People still hung around though. If anything, the turn out wont be as big.
Ohh, I managed to wash and wax my Fit last night. Finished around 12:30am.

EDIT
Why did I speak? Its raining.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 09-23-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Smile it's not raining here . . .

. . . in College Park.

Plans are to leave here about 1300, swing by Tuskawilla to cut the parents' (tiny) back lawn, then head to Sam's . . . some shopping there beforehand if we arrive before 1500.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
It stopped and I dried my car. Looks like more rain though.
EDIT: Im NOT drying my car anymore!!!

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 09-23-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Well we're heading out there regardless... should be a fun little road trip.

See ya guys there!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Its raining pretty bad now. This may have to be canceled.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Smile rain, rain . . .

Well, the beastie is in the garage - but it is pouring here. Make that storming, with thunder and lightning and all that fun stuff. We may skip the lawn cutting bit, since there is a good chance it is too wet to cut. As you can tell, we're already 15 minutes past our EDT.

The washing machine is back together, and my husband has managed to jury-rig a quick fix using zip ties (!) to hold the motor in. I'm quite impressed by his handiwork.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

It's Florida, in late summer. These storms are not associated with any weather system and may very well dissipate by 1500. They are predicted (your results may vary ) to move out to the west.

The NWS MLB site's text products>area forecast discussion is a great resource.

This could all be out of here very soon. The sky has already lightened considerably.

We need to go out to Sam's today anyway, and so will be there if anyone else shows up!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Im still going.... And so far about 4 more Fits also. I mean, people are still contacting me and asking if this is going on. No matter what I'll be there. I set the time and location, so Im there.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I had fun meeting everyone. Theres a few pics that Im hoping will be posted.
Pretty cool rolling to the meet with all these Fits behind me.

I was very disappointed in the weather but the turn out of Fit owners was great. I believe we had 7 Fits at the meeting spot?
The meet could have been better but what do you expect? FL weather sucks. Rained the whole time, off and on.

I'll post about the next Lollicup meet. They have one every month. The next one will be by the Florida Mall.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Red face so much for the weather report!

. . . any blue patches were followed by huge, dark clouds!

After locating the husband we headed up to Tuskawilla and managed (just) to get the lawn cutting in. After driving all around Full Sail (wow, has that place grown) found Lollicup on the other side of Semoran, but by that time it was pouring, so I didn't even get to go in for a mango slush.

Kind of sad, everyone should be out looking at cars, and they were all over by the building sheltering from the rain. I told my husband, "See, that will the Liam [the baby] twenty years from now." His reply was, "Yeah, and in the same car." I said that I hoped someone would say, "Wow, is that a 2007? From the first year they sold them in the US?"

It was great meeting you all at Sam's. Hopefully next time I won't have to drive around and pick up a husband who's been shopping.