Where are you Orlando people?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
new orlando fitt

hey all i am in south orlando with a whit one, hunters creak area!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Def_Jukie
Anyone know any good tint shops around Orlando that is cheap but good?
I live outside Daytona Beach - while somewhat of a drive from the Orlando area, I'd say it'd be worth it to get it done at Daytona Auto Tint. Family owned and operated since '90 I believe. Owner is Tom, he's a great guy. I just moved from Maine, so he was helpful with explaining to me what the laws for tints were in FL. I got the entire car done, including the front visor side for 149.99 plus tax, which I think was an awesome deal, because the materials are guaranteed for life, and the warranty is transferrable if you sell the car, which can be helpful in trying to close the deal (I personally will probably never sell my Fit!). I used to have an explorer sport, and it cost me just under 300 for the tint back in Maine, and that was only for the rear windows and rear hatch (nothing else is allowed up there) Also, Tom's shop installs hurricane proof films for home applications, as well as bulletproof reinforcing films for security application (when glass shatters, the film holds in in place, that kind of thing)
All of which come from the same manufacturer, SolarGuard (I Think that was the name, it's definitely something -Guard) His shop is super clean, simply and comfortable. While I didn't stick around for the 1 hour install, the couches in the waiting area would have been perfect to pass the time!
If you do go elsewhere, and I'm sure there are probably plenty of great places closer to you, just this place was the best in the general area for me, make sure of a couple things:
The place you go to should be super clean inside and out. (particulates in the air are enemies of tints)
The staff shouldn't be pushy about anything, they should either carry several different reputable lines or tint films or one major brand they really stick to. Regardless, they shop should stand by not only their materials, but their labor as well. Tom told me if at anytime something bubbled, or didn't look right, to come right back to have it checked out.
Never go anywhere that does the installation outside, under any sort of tarp, canopy, etc. basically anything besides a sealed garage, preferably with some sort of ventilation.
If they have just one kind of generic film, chances are its super cheapo and the price is just too good to be true - you're gonna get what you pay for.
You definitely want a price up front, ask what the warranties are, and DO make an appointment! Even if they tell you to come on by anytime, it's best to make plans in advance 1) they'll be prepared for the roughly 1 hour timeframe it'll take to do it without feel rushed and 2) you can make plans ahead of time to arrange for a ride or bring a book or find a nearby coffee shop, whatever.

Anyway, that's my rant - like anything else, it's an investment, and the last thing you want is a couple years down to road to be looking through purplish, bubbling, fading tint film. We've all seen it. Why not make the investment and not live with any consequences later on....

Best of luck

Originally Posted by Def_Jukie
Anyone know any good tint shops around Orlando that is cheap but good?

Last edited by sevenaprils; 10-21-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: additional location information
Old 10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I got mine done at Jacks Tint and Alarms. Go towards the Fashion Square Mall. Theyre on the right hand side after Old Chainey (spell?) and just after that seafood place.
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I live outside Daytona Beach - while somewhat of a drive from the Orlando area, I'd say it'd be worth it to get it done at Daytona Auto Tint. Family owned and operated since '90 I believe. Owner is Tom, he's a great guy. I just moved from Maine, so he was helpful with explaining to me what the laws for tints were in FL. I got the entire car done, including the front visor side for 149.99 plus tax, which I think was an awesome deal, because the materials are guaranteed for life, and the warranty is transferrable if you sell the car, which can be helpful in trying to close the deal (I personally will probably never sell my Fit!). I used to have an explorer sport, and it cost me just under 300 for the tint back in Maine, and that was only for the rear windows and rear hatch (nothing else is allowed up there) Also, Tom's shop installs hurricane proof films for home applications, as well as bulletproof reinforcing films for security application (when glass shatters, the film holds in in place, that kind of thing)
All of which come from the same manufacturer, SolarGuard (I Think that was the name, it's definitely something -Guard) His shop is super clean, simply and comfortable. While I didn't stick around for the 1 hour install, the couches in the waiting area would have been perfect to pass the time!
If you do go elsewhere, and I'm sure there are probably plenty of great places closer to you, just this place was the best in the general area for me, make sure of a couple things:
The place you go to should be super clean inside and out. (particulates in the air are enemies of tints)
The staff shouldn't be pushy about anything, they should either carry several different reputable lines or tint films or one major brand they really stick to. Regardless, they shop should stand by not only their materials, but their labor as well. Tom told me if at anytime something bubbled, or didn't look right, to come right back to have it checked out.
Never go anywhere that does the installation outside, under any sort of tarp, canopy, etc. basically anything besides a sealed garage, preferably with some sort of ventilation.
If they have just one kind of generic film, chances are its super cheapo and the price is just too good to be true - you're gonna get what you pay for.
You definitely want a price up front, ask what the warranties are, and DO make an appointment! Even if they tell you to come on by anytime, it's best to make plans in advance 1) they'll be prepared for the roughly 1 hour timeframe it'll take to do it without feel rushed and 2) you can make plans ahead of time to arrange for a ride or bring a book or find a nearby coffee shop, whatever.

Anyway, that's my rant - like anything else, it's an investment, and the last thing you want is a couple years down to road to be looking through purplish, bubbling, fading tint film. We've all seen it. Why not make the investment and not live with any consequences later on....

Best of luck
Thanks guys, but i ended up going to this shop in front of Boardwalk Bowl on 50. It cost me $143 to do my windows 35% in front and 20% in the back.